PDA

View Full Version : Scottish law

peter macdonald
02-Oct-07, 16:30
I personally think this is a disgrace A legal system that is used by 5 million people not being represented at this meeting This is a devolved issue for goodness sake

http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/news/display.var.1727506.0.0.php

Funny Tony Blair seemed well aware of Scots Law when he played politics with it over Libya
PM

nikki
02-Oct-07, 16:39
FREEDOM!!! I think that we should make Scotland indepentant, so we don't have to do what the English polititions tell us to. Then again I'm sure they have a good reason to deny us freedom, but I'm only 16 so I don't really follow politics.

badger
02-Oct-07, 16:57
FREEDOM!!! I think that we should make Scotland indepentant, so we don't have to do what the English polititions tell us to. Then again I'm sure they have a good reason to deny us freedom, but I'm only 16 so I don't really follow politics.

Seems like a non sequitur to me - what does being 16 have to do with not following politics? You're obviously interested and intelligent enough to have an opinion on this. Politics affect practically every aspect of your life one way or another and it's sad if the young think it's nothing to do with them. How will you be able to vote in 2 years' time (or whenever) if you've never taken an interest. You don't like being ruled by England - then find out what that means and next time round vote for change. We need young people to be interested in politics - it's your country, your future.

Maybe one day you'll stand for Parliament :)

Cookerpebble
02-Oct-07, 17:24
You can vote at 16. You don't have to follow it devoutly but it can be interesting.

mccaugm
02-Oct-07, 17:43
I personally think this is a disgrace A legal system that is used by 5 million people not being represented at this meeting This is a devolved issue for goodness sake

http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/news/display.var.1727506.0.0.php (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/news/display.var.1727506.0.0.php)

Funny Tony Blair seemed well aware of Scots Law when he played politics with it over Libya
PM

Think Tony Blair also forgot he is a Scot himself..!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeHaviLand
02-Oct-07, 23:31
You can vote at 16. You don't have to follow it devoutly but it can be interesting.

You can vote for what at 16? Not in a General Election, or a Scottish Parliamentary Election.

Kenn
03-Oct-07, 00:49
Surely Scotland has it's own legal system and as such should be allowed to put it's case, pardon my pun, on The International Scene.
I too would be very agrieved about this as it smacks of too much interference by Westminster in things they neither comprehend and owe no allegance to.
But then again I have the misfortune to live in England and have become more than a little jaded by the attitude taken towards the electorate, it smacks of "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you!"
Nanny knows best and saddly that is what is happening to these islands but JUST let nanny try and change my nappy, she's in for a big surprise!

golach
03-Oct-07, 08:48
Think Tony Blair also forgot he is a Scot himself..!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being born in Scotland does not make one a Scot!! "If I was born in a stable, would that make me a Horse?" a direct quote from Arthur Wellesley ( Duke of Wellington) [lol]

j4bberw0ck
03-Oct-07, 20:40
<sigh>

Got news for you, peeps. Scotland is not a member of the EU. It had no right and no special place at the meeting,no matter how much y'all want to wave your sporrans and haggises. Scottish legal differences are just a regional peculiarity, a bit like half-day shopping in Newcastle, or selling fish and chips on the Sabbath.

Scotland had no more right than, say, Birmingham, to have special representation at the meeting. It's just McAskill and his boss finding another bone to pick over to create a fight with the Cyclopean Son of The Manse about whether there's good reason for independence.

And there are people in here who fall for it every time.........

And about 45 million people couldn't give a rat's backside! Oh, make that 45,000,001. I'm there too. As at today, it doesn't matter. In the future, it might.

Flame on.