PDA

View Full Version : amputated leg

johno
02-Oct-07, 14:36
Here,s a funny item from the P & P today, a man who after having his leg amputated had it put into storage so he could be buried with it and be a whole person on his death . It was put into storage but as he could not afford to keep up the payments it was bought by another guy who placed it with the police who in turn gave it to a funeral home. Now both men are trying to claim the leg back. What the hell would anyone want to buy an amputated human limb for begger,s belief. It,s a weird weird world all right. :eek:

kitty
02-Oct-07, 15:25
Not that i get any of it but why would you buy the limb and then give it to the police :confused

Definately a weird world alright :D

telfordstar
02-Oct-07, 15:51
Here,s a funny item from the P & P today, a man who after having his leg amputated had it put into storage so he could be buried with it and be a whole person on his death . It was put into storage but as he could not afford to keep up the payments it was bought by another guy who placed it with the police who in turn gave it to a funeral home. Now both men are trying to claim the leg back. What the hell would anyone want to buy an amputated human limb for begger,s belief. It,s a weird weird world all right. :eek:

weird world all right but the story made me laugh:lol:

sassylass
02-Oct-07, 15:54
Some people buy unpaid storage on prospect, like a treasure hunt really. Sometimes they find valuable things and other times...:eek:

johno
02-Oct-07, 15:56
Not that i get any of it but why would you buy the limb and then give it to the police .Definately a weird world alright :D
it said he bought it in a container so maybe he did,nt know what he was getting. bit like a lucky dip maybe. but now he wants it back. :confused

kitty
02-Oct-07, 16:15
but now he wants it back. :confused

Of course he does. Why wouldn't he :confused. A very strange man

floyed
02-Oct-07, 16:54
Very funny story made me laugh lol:lol:

Dadie
02-Oct-07, 18:15
did he have a leg to stand on??

sad but i couldnt resist..

Tubthumper
02-Oct-07, 19:20
He'd had a few drams. He was .....

Yeah OK.

karia
02-Oct-07, 19:39

Yeah OK.

.....Hopping Mad?:D

Karia

helenwyler
02-Oct-07, 19:44

Yeah OK.

Legless??:)

Billy Boy
02-Oct-07, 19:46

Yeah OK.

.....he was hitch hiking and i told him to hop in.....:D

mareng
02-Oct-07, 20:07
I have the pleasure of knowing a fella, who unfortunately lost one lower leg in an industrial accident a few years ago...............

The registration plate on his car is: C1 LEG

....you've gotta admire that! :)

Tubthumper
02-Oct-07, 21:42
This is true, I knew a bloke who'd had half of his left ear bitten off in a fight.
We called him 18 months.

Tubthumper
02-Oct-07, 22:13
'Ear and a half

golach
02-Oct-07, 22:17
I heard he was chinese his name is Wan San Shoo

Tubthumper
02-Oct-07, 22:22
If he'd been female, would he have been called Eileen?

Tubthumper
02-Oct-07, 22:24
Some of these people; you give them an inch and they take a foot...

Whitewater
02-Oct-07, 22:27
The guy that bought it probably thought he could resell it on ebay to somebody with one leg. It would help to make them look good if wearing shorts or a kilt.

Tubthumper
02-Oct-07, 22:31
The guy that bought it probably thought he could resell it on ebay to somebody with one leg. It would help to make them look good if wearing shorts or a kilt.
I would dearly love to see the advert for that sale on ebay.
"Leg, right version, suitable for white bloke 5'10" tall, complete with size 9 foot. 1963 model, one careful owner, slightly purple and smelly with occasional dribbles...

jayare
03-Oct-07, 02:02
Im going out on a limb here, and I dont want to put my foot in it, but does he have a leg to stand on or do I see unhappiness afoot. I think the guy who is claiming the other guys property is only pulling his leg maybe.

Lolabelle
03-Oct-07, 07:38
I knew a one armed truck driver (remove from shoulder) who was called "Bandit". [lol]