PDA

View Full Version : Wick local businesses - opinions and photos please!

xx_chickie
02-Oct-07, 13:55
As part of a Citizenship course run by the North Highland College in Thurso, I'm currently part of a group doing a small project about Wick's Hertiage - how Wick has changed over the years, and how large businesses new to the county have affected local businesses and the community as a whole.

I would I appreciate it if anyone would be willing to meet my group (so appropriately called THICK! Thurso + Wick!) for an informal interview about their business in Wick, their childhood, or anything of general relevance to the project.

We hope to record the interview using a sound recording device, and take a few photographs, if possible, in order to produce a small slideshow which will then be posted onto a college-related website.

By doing this project, we aim to highlight the changes in the local community and raise awareness of these changes.

If anyone has any old photographs of Wick we could use (with your permission), it would be appreciated! (Everyone enjoys a few old photos! :lol:) Or, if anyone is interested in the interview, please PM me and we can arrange something.

Any questions, just ask!

Many thanks, everyone!

xx_chickie
09-Oct-07, 11:49
Anyone? :D

Torvaig
09-Oct-07, 13:16
I think you would be better getting in touch with local businesses etc., in person so that you can ask them face to face if they are willing to participate. If you go to some of the older established ones first and see how their business has been affected etc., you will get a good idea from them.

Good luck!