PDA

View Full Version : Dark Skies Scotland

stekar
01-Oct-07, 20:36
Did anyone else go to the Stargazing event on Friday or Saturday evening at Dunnet?

I would like to thank the two chaps who ran it. It was excellent, really informative and those telescopes were amazing!

WeeBurd
01-Oct-07, 21:37
Nope, but I sure would have enjoyed it! Many I night I've spent out in the garden, wrapped up to the hilt, trying to cower away from any nearby streetlights so I didn't lose my night vision :lol:! Good times...

marlyn
02-Oct-07, 13:40
Yes, my husband and daughter went along on the saturday afternoon and had a great time, my husband wants a telescope now!

We all wrapped up warm, the little one could hardly move - and headed along on Saturday night, but it was cancelled because there was too much cloud, it was a real shame because the kids were really looking forward to it, but we went into the forest for a 'spooky' dusk walk and the kids had a grand old time bashing away on the huge xylophone - anyone else in the forest would have been looking for the ghosties LOL

stekar
02-Oct-07, 20:00
Aww, what a shame about the cloud on Saturday night. It was a perfect night on the Friday, and picking out all the constellations was brilliant.

I'd love one of those huge telescopes too, dread to think how much they cost though.

percy toboggan
03-Oct-07, 19:26
I'm told you can get a first rate telescope for about six hundred quid. I intend to get one when I'm old. And a bow and arrow. Archery and astronomy are on my dotage list.

p.s. make it a dozen arrows.