PDA

View Full Version : tesco [thurso]

cezzy1234
01-Oct-07, 19:55
hi dose any one know when the tesco in thurso will be opening.
for bussness.

Ash
01-Oct-07, 20:49
im friends with a member of staff and they have a meeting on wednesday, but it wont be until december until they open

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 21:00
December apparently...

Dadie
01-Oct-07, 21:27
thats kinda long to be out the shopping circuit at least the co-op will be busier now!

DarkAngel
02-Oct-07, 12:57
thats kinda long to be out the shopping circuit at least the co-op will be busier now!

The coop in Thurso is alot busier now..A few girls from the coop in wick have been through giving them a helping hand at the check-outs!

poppett
04-Oct-07, 11:42
Unfortunately the Thurso Co-op still insist on having all their stock going on the shelves when customers are trying to get things in their trolleys, and some of the staff are quite snappy if you ask them to pass something over. Yesterday I had to leave the trolley at the end of one aisle and push my way between their carts on both sides of aisle one to find a few things. I gave up and went to Frasers when they were trying to take a pallet onto an already overcrowded shop floor. If Health and Safety get wind of it they would be for the high jump.

Why oh why can they not do this at night? Roll on the coming of Tescos.

loganbiffy
04-Oct-07, 12:09
2nd last or last week in november is the official date according to a mate who works for them.

dawncw
04-Oct-07, 16:01
They are filling the shelves at night time, they have taken a couple of boys up from the wick store to help them out with the night shifts.

maidencaithness
05-Oct-07, 08:19
the majority of the stock is going out at night, but as there are customers buying items during the day it means the shelves need to be constantly refilled, or would you rather they were all left empty till night time?

davem
05-Oct-07, 09:32
The shelf filling has always seemed to be done at peak times. If someone is in a wheelchair it is a real pain in the coop. I like the people - and the service but for accessibility the other store won hands down - and I think people who needed disabled parking and wide aisles voted with their wheelchairs.

ashaw1
06-Oct-07, 09:26
Unfortunately the Thurso Co-op still insist on having all their stock going on the shelves when customers are trying to get things in their trolleys, and some of the staff are quite snappy if you ask them to pass something over. Yesterday I had to leave the trolley at the end of one aisle and push my way between their carts on both sides of aisle one to find a few things. I gave up and went to Frasers when they were trying to take a pallet onto an already overcrowded shop floor. If Health and Safety get wind of it they would be for the high jump.

Why oh why can they not do this at night? Roll on the coming of Tescos.
Tesco fill the shelves at night it's only if there is excess stock left over that the shelves are done during the day. I have always found Co-op to to the complete opposite. I have been to many of there stores all over the place and have always found the same problem. I have visited the Thurso store twice and on both occasions had this problem along with the huge queues at all the check outs. I try to go elsewhere if i can.