PDA

View Full Version : Menaces on the loose

bluelady
01-Oct-07, 19:09
Just to warn people, there about three girls and sometimes two men in a car with them, that have been trying to get money off my daughter every time she goes to Thurso. These girls accused her of stealing one of their handbags and say they want e money back - £20. First time it was supposed to be her that stole e bag when she was in e Waterfront in Wick - she rarely goes there and at the supposed time she was in London all week. Next time they accused e friend that was with her, saying e friend took it and there was £30 in it and it was at skinandi's. Then they said it was another friend and it was £50. and it has been caught on CCTV and e police are dealing with it. By this time they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them, but she said, "call e police now, to which they said no, just give us e money and became abusive. My daughter told em where to go and today went to the police to see if indeed a crime had been reported and no such thing has. Its just a bunch of bully's trying to extort money with lies. So tell yer kids if anything similar happens to them, call e police straight away. Lowlife [disgust]

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 19:53
I have no idea what you just said...

I don't think this is for here though tbh. If there's a problem like this, just go to the police. Why post about it on here? Want me to get the org police to beat them up? We're all grown up and this post goes stinks of playground "my dad is bigger than your dad" antics.

Metalattakk
01-Oct-07, 19:59
I have a pitchfork and a burning torch. Can I join in?

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 20:32
You're in for sure!

BRIE
01-Oct-07, 20:33
think its a little bit more than playground bullying! Bluelady was stating that these people are trying to get innocent people to hand over money by bullying them with false accusations. she is quite rightly making other people aware that if their approached in the same manner not to fall for their lies.

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 20:40

I don't think this is for here though tbh. If there's a problem like this, just go to the police. Why post about it on here? Want me to get the org police to beat them up? We're all grown up and this post goes stinks of playground "my dad is bigger than your dad" antics.

I disagree with your comment i think its obvious that bluelady was clearly just giving us all a warning to an obvious scam thats going around wick/thurso area could be handy for if it happens to anyone out in next few weekends in either wick/thurso who might come across this situation. thank you for the warning bluelady pity everyone didnt feel like that.
I also noticed that everyone was grateful about the comment about the guys in the van selling lcd tv's.to me its the same thing.

anneoctober
01-Oct-07, 20:41
I must admit, I did n't read bluelady's post, the way it seems to have been taken. I took it as a warning to anyone whose family members might fall prey to this bunch of bullies. The fact that they seem to "roam" in a band of 3 to 5 people is unnerving and not only to young folk - next time they might try their luck on the elderly. :mad:

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 20:48
I must admit, I did n't read bluelady's post, the way it seems to have been taken. I took it as a warning to anyone whose family members might fall prey to this bunch of bullies. The fact that they seem to "roam" in a band of 3 to 5 people is unnerving and not only to young folk - next time they might try their luck on the elderly. :mad:

thats the way i took it too but must admit i didnt think about the elderly, somehow if a gang of 3 to 5 individuals approached an elderly person they would certinly get what they want as the elderly person would be petrified:(

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 21:05
Ok, where did I say it was playground bullying?

I think the "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit, as I said "stinks of playground 'my dad is bigger than your dad' antics."

horseman
01-Oct-07, 21:19

My first reaction was that this dipstick must be tied in with them crooks.

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 21:24

I think the "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit, as I said "stinks of playground 'my dad is bigger than your dad' antics."

i think that youve misread what bluelady said sounds like "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit was just a slight figure of speech (if thats the right word) if it was me i think id of felt the same way[evil]

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 21:27
My first reaction was that this dipstick must be tied in with them crooks.

Damn you got me :roll:

i think that youve misread what bluelady said sounds like "they were lucky my daughter didnt deck them" bit was just a slight figure of speech (if thats the right word) if it was me i think id of felt the same way[evil]

Fair enough, I've made the same mistake everyone else in this thread has. But then again... you could also be misreading it.

Still don't think the org is the place to be spouting out this sort of nonsense.

BRIE
01-Oct-07, 21:29

sorry jeid i misread i thought you were implying that the incident "stinks of playground"

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 21:32
No worries Brie, easily done. The 'my dad is bigger than your dad' bit would've got in the way.

Lolabelle
01-Oct-07, 21:35

Me either Anneoctober, I just thought it a warning to the locals to be ware of hoodlums harrassing young people for money. We've only heard of these incidents, what about the ones who caved into the menace. Jeid, what if it were your younger sister or brother (if you have any).

Ricco
01-Oct-07, 21:37
I have a pitchfork and a burning torch. Can I join in?

Aw, such old-fashioned tools, Metalattackk. What you need is a homemade Tazer-like device. Wicked!!

BRIE
01-Oct-07, 21:40
No worries Brie, easily done. The 'my dad is bigger than your dad' bit would've got in the way.

think it was more my toddler switching the screen on & off as i was trying to read!!:lol:

spiggie
01-Oct-07, 21:46
Jeid!
i feel that you are totally out of order here! Bluelady is simply highlighting the way in which bullies are still targeting people out of the playground! I think that she is right to warn people about this as their kids could be next in line!!

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 21:49
Damn you got me :roll:

Fair enough, I've made the same mistake everyone else in this thread has. But then again... you could also be misreading it.

Still don't think the org is the place to be spouting out this sort of nonsense.

fair enough i may havr misread this as well but at the same time bluelady was just sharing some information about something that she felt would maybe benefit some people and as for the org not being the place for this sort of nonsense ive read alot of other total nonsense on here before.

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 22:02
Jeid, what if it were your younger sister or brother (if you have any).

What if it was? I certainly wouldn't be posting about it on the org, that's for sure. What's posting on a forum doing about the problem at hand? Really? Let's get serious here. Has posting about this problem on the internet helped this woman's daughter in any way? Probably not. Aye, it's informative, but if I said, "people in Glasgow carry knives" is it gonna make you really be more cautious than you already are? Probably not. There's lots of hidden dangers in the world. The Police have a job to do, make them earn their money.

Jeid!
i feel that you are totally out of order here! Bluelady is simply highlighting the way in which bullies are still targeting people out of the playground! I think that she is right to warn people about this as their kids could be next in line!!

I don't think her daughter is a child. The mention of being in Skins kind of makes me suspect this. Could be wrong though. You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

ive read alot of other total nonsense on here before.

Aye, me too... loads...

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 22:07
What if it was? I certainly wouldn't be posting about it on the org, that's for sure. What's posting on a forum doing about the problem at hand? Really? Let's get serious here. Has posting about this problem on the internet helped this woman's daughter in any way? Probably not. Aye, it's informative, but if I said, "people in Glasgow carry knives" is it gonna make you really be more cautious than you already are? Probably not. There's lots of hidden dangers in the world. The Police have a job to do, make them earn their money.

I don't think her daughter is a child. The mention of being in Skins kind of makes me suspect this. Could be wrong though. You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Aye, me too... loads...

she just thought she'd share with us all as a warning wheres the harm in that talk about making a mountain outo a mole hill i for one am grateful to bluelady for sharing with us :)

Jeid
01-Oct-07, 22:10
Ever heard of punctuation? ;)

Like I said before, I don't see what good it's doing. You disagree. Big deal.

Metalattakk
01-Oct-07, 22:19

Oi!

I'm the Grammar Police around here.

I'm watching you, laddie. It'll be the Taser (cheers for that Ricco!) for you if you're not careful sonny.

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 22:20

Like I said before, I don't see what good it's doing. You disagree. Big deal.

does it maybe occur to you that i may have a personal problem as regards to the punctuation part no i didnt think so. And what my punctuation has to do with the post is beyond me. Take heed of you own advice "jeid" you disagree. Big deal get over it im sure the majority of folk here on the org have looked at the tread by bluelady and just thought oh thast good to know must tell my daughter/son/friend if their heading out this weekend[evil]

golach
01-Oct-07, 22:24
Oi!

I'm watching you, laddie. It'll be the Taser (cheers for that Ricco!) for you if you're not careful sonny.

Just shows you how far we have come on in this world, in my day it was "Its the tawes for you my loon & wait till your faither hears about this", my how we have grown up [lol]

Metalattakk
01-Oct-07, 22:30
does it maybe occur to you that i may have a personal problem as regards to the punctuation part

I can't speak for Jeid, but it intrigues me as to the manifestation of this 'personal problem' you have with punctuation.

Would you care to explain in more detail?

Metalattakk
01-Oct-07, 22:33
Just shows you how far we have come on in this world, in my day it was "Its the tawes for you my loon & wait till your faither hears about this", my how we have grown up [lol]

:D

Imagine the Taser in a teacher's hands these days. There'd never again be such a thing as "But my dog ate my homework, it's true"!

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 22:34
I can't speak for Jeid, but it intrigues me as to the manifestation of this 'personal problem' you have with punctuation.

Would you care to explain in more detail?

how does problems with they keyboard do

Metalattakk
01-Oct-07, 22:37
Unless you have a disability whereby you can't physically press the keys (which obviously you don't have, as you seem to be able to press plenty of other keys, even the wrong ones) then I can't see how you can have a keyboard-related problem with punctuation.

telfordstar
01-Oct-07, 22:42
Unless you have a disability whereby you can't physically press the keys (which obviously you don't have, as you seem to be able to press plenty of other keys, even the wrong ones) then I can't see how you can have a keyboard-related problem with punctuation.

Im sorry im still failing to see what my punctution has to do with anything and the answer is no i dont have a physical disability and yes the comment about the keyboard was false but why do i have to explain my punctuation to anyone...........................[evil]

Metalattakk
01-Oct-07, 22:51
You are the one who made it into an issue, by falsely claiming that you have a 'personal problem' with punctuation. If you hadn't have lied about it, repeatedly, then the whole matter would have been dropped, with those of us who do care about punctuation being left with our original thoughts intact.

But, your illiteracy aside, this is all detracting from the original point, which was of course the fact that some people in Glasgow carry knives.

TBH
01-Oct-07, 23:14
Well done bluelady for bringing this to peoples attention, extortion is a very serious crime and these people should be brought to book for their actions.
Your daughter stood up to these people but it could have been some young girl that didn't have the courage to tell them where to go and just paid them the money, so you have done the right thing by posting the information on here so that others may be aware of what's going on.

armanisgirl
01-Oct-07, 23:16
Is it a full moon tonight folks? I'm only asking as I have never seen such a response to what can only be described as the good intentions of an orger. It is irrelevant how old the victim was, she was a victim of a crime - extorting money, and by what sounds like aggressive means. Yes, it is a job for the police to solve, yes it has/is being reported to the police, but I see no harm in raising the issue as a warning to other orgers who might be accosted by these disgusting people. I was under the belief that those who use this forum/site consider themselves as part of a network community, so where is the community spirit and solidarity? People who warn of this kind of scam/scaremongering/danger should be commended NOT condemned! Those who have slagged off the original author should be ashamed of themselves for not being compassionate and caring people. Care to argue that you are the latter? Actions speak louder than words, however the opposite is true in this instance: no mention of thanks for pre-warning future vulnerable victims of this group of people, your harsh words speak louder than actions could have. Well done and keep up the good work to those of you who do take the time to forewarn the community of possible dangers!!

helenwyler
01-Oct-07, 23:32
quote]

[quote=Metalattakk;277816]Oi!

quote]

[quote=Metalattakk;277847]You are the one who made it into an issue, by falsely claiming that you have a 'personal problem' with punctuation.
But, your illiteracy aside, .

Hey, steady on there Metalattak:eek:!

Who appointed you Grammar Police? Whoever it was, he/she is forthwith relieved of duties! I imagine it was a self-appointment. I have spent years as a copy-editor, and claim at least equal rights!

Telfordstar's admission of a personal difficulty with punctuation is also a matter close to my heart.

Some people with poor punctuation have been poorly taught, true enough.

But as a teacher of children and adults with dyslexic-type difficulties, I have also frequently encountered children and adults with 'off-the-scale' high verbal and spatial IQs, who have enormous difficulty with so-called basic secretarial skills, such as spelling and punctuation.

Punctuation difficulties are associated with an difficulty 'hearing' what you write: so automatic for some, and such a hard-earned skill for others. Don't write them off so facetiously, please.

Albert Einstein was dismissed from various university posts for not being able to produce adequately 'literate' written material.

I'm talking about a 'specific' learning difficulty here, not inadequate teaching or 'global' difficulty.

And if this doesn't apply to you, telfordstar, sorry:)! The jibes you were getting did though!

Helen

Lolabelle
01-Oct-07, 23:46
How does a simple thread about some scam mongers end up in a ridiculous argument about punctuation. :eek:

helenwyler
01-Oct-07, 23:51
Simply because two posters were haranguing another poster about a self-confessed difficulty with punctuation:eek:.

Metalattakk
02-Oct-07, 00:04
Hey, steady on there Metalattak!

Who appointed you Grammar Police? Whoever it was, he/she is forthwith relieved of duties! I imagine it was a self-appointment. I have spent years as a copy-editor, and claim at least equal rights!

Fair enough, we can punctuationally police the .org together. And yes, I fully expect some charges to be laid against me for that one. ;)

Telfordstar's admission of a personal difficulty with punctuation is also a matter close to my heart.

Except she/he lied. She/he has no particular personal problem with punctuation other than an inability to use it, or a complete disregard for its values.

But again, we are straying from the extremely valuable scaremongering that is at the heart of this topic. Time to cease an desist, and tell our kids to be scared.

helenwyler
02-Oct-07, 00:53
Fair enough, we can punctuationally police the .org together. And yes, I fully expect some charges to be laid against me for that one. ;)

Except she/he lied. She/he has no particular personal problem with punctuation other than an inability to use it, or a complete disregard for its values.

But again, we are straying from the extremely valuable scaremongering that is at the heart of this topic. Time to cease an desist, and tell our kids to be scared.

No charges, MA...I think we both have a love of perfection vis a vis 'u no wot' ;)!!

And I don't think he/she lied... more of a difficulty to admit, in my experience anyway.

I have have taught priests how to try and remember their mobile phone numbers...the brain is a complex instrument: a little unconventional wiring, and an intelligent human being can be completely thrown off kilter.

Helenx

Metalattakk
02-Oct-07, 01:16
I have have no doubt you are correct. ;)

[lol]

Oh, and your inbox is full to bursting, apparently.

MagicalTrevor
02-Oct-07, 09:14
Criticising punctuation is what happens when someones lost an argument ;)

Anyway theres been worse threads than this - especially as she had good intentions.

northener
02-Oct-07, 09:29
Helen,

"I have spent years as a copy-editor,"

Shouldn't that be "copy editor"?

OhmyGod somebody shoot me now, I've become a pedant.

As opposed to a pendant, or a pedarest, or a pedestal or..

I'll get me coat.

floyed
02-Oct-07, 09:44
I think it was a good thing to put it on the org, it may even get back to the people who are involved and they might think twice now.

TBH
02-Oct-07, 10:17

I don't think this is for here though tbh. If there's a problem like this, just go to the police. Why post about it on here? Want me to get the org police to beat them up? We're all grown up and this post goes stinks of playground "my dad is bigger than your dad" antics.Fantastic example of excellent grammar.[lol]

helenwyler
02-Oct-07, 10:34
Helen,

"I have spent years as a copy-editor,"

Shouldn't that be "copy editor"?

OhmyGod somebody shoot me now, I've become a pedant.

As opposed to a pendant, or a pedarest, or a pedestal or..

I'll get me coat.

Heehee northener[lol]......good one!

Actually both are correct. Most older dictionaries will give it your way, but where I worked the house style (or was it house-style??) was taken from The Cambridge Handbook:Copy-editing and 'copy-editor' is how it was written there...no doubt it'll become 'copyeditor' one day.

Nothing wrong with a bit of harmless pedantry;)! Please don't get your coat! I can lend you a jumper if you're cold!

I realise I've set myself up for scrutiny now, but any mistakes I make are entirely the fault of my secretary...

Helen

TBH
02-Oct-07, 10:55
I realise I've set myself up for scrutiny now, but any mistakes I make are entirely the fault of my secretary...

HelenSo does everyone that criticises someone elses spelling and grammar without knowing the full facts about that particular person.

golach
02-Oct-07, 11:05
IMO, the punctuation police on the .Org are the worst type of menace. This thread has been stolen, and has gone away from bluelady's origional post. :roll:

bluelady
02-Oct-07, 11:40

read it again, she did go to the police and as others have noticed, I put this here to warn others, someone's younger child called be caught next time and feel scared enough to hand over money. And if I didnt post about, who's gonna ken about it if she went to e police.
As for playground antics, my daughter dosnt need me or anyone else to fight her battles, she's been born and bred in a city and is streetwise, but there could be a youngster in e county who could be threatened or hurt. What if it was a child of yours? would you be saying the same thing then? wouldnt you rather have have had someone pass you information that could have forwarned them? Grow up and complain about something more constructive rather than making useless comments about a serious matter [disgust] and for the more sensible and caring ones out there, Thankyou for your comments and I will continue to Post whatever I feel benefits e community as FORWARNED is FORARMED!

telfordstar
02-Oct-07, 13:19
No charges, MA...I think we both have a love of perfection vis a vis 'u no wot' ;)!!

And I don't think he/she lied... more of a difficulty to admit, in my experience anyway.

I have have taught priests how to try and remember their mobile phone numbers...the brain is a complex instrument: a little unconventional wiring, and an intelligent human being can be completely thrown off kilter.

Helenx

Thank you helen i havn't lied as it has been said about my punctuation at all i do have difficulties with it and im sorry to all if my crap punctuation had bugged you in any way. I feel that it is a personal problem i didnt realise that posting with a slight punctuation problem would be such a big deal but obviously it is.

xx_chickie
02-Oct-07, 13:30
It's awful that some people have nothing better to do than menace others :(

Thumper
02-Oct-07, 13:32
For goodness sake guys what does it matter who can or can't spell,use punctuation properly etc?What IMO should matter is what people have to say not how they say it :eek: Mocking people's grammar etc is definately back to the "playground bully" IMO and should have no place on this board [disgust] Helenwyler actually makes a living from editing and didn't feel the need to mock,she actually tried to speak up for telfordstar...well done to you HW xx

angela5
02-Oct-07, 13:49
Thank you helen i havn't lied as it has been said about my punctuation at all i do have difficulties with it and im sorry to all if my crap punctuation had bugged you in any way. I feel that it is a personal problem i didnt realise that posting with a slight punctuation problem would be such a big deal but obviously it is.

I don't think you should be saying sorry to those who are bugged by punctuation. You certainly don't need to explain yourself either as it is no-ones business.
Keep posting and ignore them.

telfordstar
02-Oct-07, 14:20
I don't think you should be saying sorry to those who are bugged by punctuation. You certainly don't need to explain yourself either as it is no-ones business.
Keep posting and ignore them.

thank you angela for your kind words i will be posting again and hopefully no one else will have a problem with it. I was a bit upset about it last night but then thought its not worth upsetting myself over thanks again and also a tbig thanks to helen:D:D

northener
02-Oct-07, 14:37
Thumper!!!

"actually makes a living form editing"

FROM editing!!!!

Now write out the correct version a hundred times and then go and stand in a corner of the website with a traffic cone on your head.

BTW, going back on topic:

I think the original posting was in good faith. Unfortunately, the way it 'scans' to me, it gives the impression of a personal conflict made public for personal gain.

I'm sure this wasn't the intention and we certainly do need to be made aware of any dubious goings on in our corner of the world, maybe it would have been worded better if if it had been flagged up as a 'beware of the following scam' - as opposed to involving personal details.

Think it would have avoided all the hassle we've seen here. But hey, show me a perfect post and I'll show everyone my bum in Macallans window.

northener
02-Oct-07, 14:40
Curses, Thumper's corrected her mistake........

telfordstar
02-Oct-07, 15:49
Thumper!!!

FROM editing!!!!

Now write out the correct version a hundred times and then go and stand in a corner of the website with a traffic cone on your head.

I think the original posting was in good faith. Unfortunately, the way it 'scans' to me, it gives the impression of a personal conflict made public for personal gain.

I'm sure this wasn't the intention and we certainly do need to be made aware of any dubious goings on in our corner of the world, maybe it would have been worded better if if it had been flagged up as a 'beware of the following scam' - as opposed to involving personal details.

Think it would have avoided all the hassle we've seen here. But hey, show me a perfect post and I'll show everyone my bum in Macallans window.

hahaha good one i will start my search now for he perfect post a bum in macallans window has got to worth a look at :lol:

Thumper
02-Oct-07, 16:15
Curses, Thumper's corrected her mistake........
Ha ha Northener...gotta be a bit quicker to catch me ;) Now I am off to find a perfect post just so i can have a look see at your bum in the window :eek: xx

DeHaviLand
02-Oct-07, 23:21

And what have McAllans done to you that such a horrible fate should be inflicted upon them? ;)

bluelady
03-Oct-07, 01:01
Thumper!!!

FROM editing!!!!

i don't ken where you get the impression of this being a personal conflict made public for personal gain, these people are unknown to myself or my daughter, as for wording, they are trying to extort money by menecing, hence "Meneces" My word, you post info and some people go OTT and just where do people get off commenting on peoples puncuation, spelling etc, What's that all about, there are a diversity of peeps with differant abilities and who are we to judge or critisise peoples spelling etc, this isnt the schoolroom, there's more important things in life. Hey ho :roll:

oldmarine
03-Oct-07, 02:08
Back to the original problem reported on this thread. Does this problem still continue? Just wondering.

Metalattakk
03-Oct-07, 02:39
I'm at a loss trying to figure out why this matter hasn't been reported to the Police.

If I were being harassed unjustifiably for money, or with violence in lieu of money, I would certainly be having a word with the Old Bill about it, if only to forewarn them (and forearm myself) in the event of trouble occurring.

Seems to me to be a much better line of action than posting about it all here on the org.

Jeid
03-Oct-07, 03:06
read it again, she did go to the police and as others have noticed, I put this here to warn others, someone's younger child called be caught next time and feel scared enough to hand over money. And if I didnt post about, who's gonna ken about it if she went to e police.
As for playground antics, my daughter dosnt need me or anyone else to fight her battles, she's been born and bred in a city and is streetwise, but there could be a youngster in e county who could be threatened or hurt. What if it was a child of yours? would you be saying the same thing then? wouldnt you rather have have had someone pass you information that could have forwarned them? Grow up and complain about something more constructive rather than making useless comments about a serious matter [disgust] and for the more sensible and caring ones out there, Thankyou for your comments and I will continue to Post whatever I feel benefits e community as FORWARNED is FORARMED!

As Northener has posted, it seems fishy to me and could be a personal conflict. Also, you could only be getting half the story. Unless you have hard facts, which I personally don't think you do, why post about it on a message board?

I also stated a thing about people carrying knives in Glasgow and nobody batted an eyelid. There's plenty bad stuff going on in the World isn't there? I'm sure if someone came up against a problem like this, they would do the right thing and go to the Police. Posting on the org doesn't stop this kind of nonsense nor does a forewarning, it certainly doesn't make me leave the house thinking "Oh no, those dirty robbing scumbags are gonna catch me and make me give them the monies!!"

It doesn't. If we live in fear of scum like this, then we may as well lock ourselves up.

If it were my son or daughter? I'd be worried, I never knew I had children. In all seriousness though, I'm sure they'd deal with it themselves. I'm also pretty sure they'd be pretty mortified if I posted about it on the internet.

Tbh, I don't and still cannot see the point in this thread. If the Police are dealing with the culprits(I now understand that), then it's hardly likely that they're going to further incriminate themselves?

As for punctuation, it's quite frustrating trying to read a post and make sense of it without punctuation. A full stop here or there does the world of good. Lots of kids these days have spelling problems which are related to text speak. I'm a child of modern technology and I admit to using short hand spelling from time to time (tbh, lol etc) but I refuse to do ths txt spk carry on.

It's amazing how many people get all "all for one and one for all" when you criticise something somebody posts. I honestly find it quite petty that people take one opinion and take it as a personal attack on the original poster. I stated what I thought. People seem to be very comfortable with everyone agreeing with everyone else. It's not how the world works. If you like a song and one of your friends doesn't like it, do you give them a hard time about it? No.

This is a discussion forum people, not everyone is going to take everything someone posts the way it is intended. Grow up and complain about something constructive? I didn't actually make a complaint, I gave my opinion. Something constructive? On the Org? Those days are long gone...

Jeid
03-Oct-07, 03:09
I'm at a loss trying to figure out why this matter hasn't been reported to the Police.

If I were being harassed unjustifiably for money, or with violence in lieu of money, I would certainly be having a word with the Old Bill about it, if only to forewarn them (and forearm myself) in the event of trouble occurring.

Seems to me to be a much better line of action than posting about it all here on the org.

She has actually said that it's been reported to the Police.

bluelady
03-Oct-07, 09:25
Back to the original problem reported on this thread. Does this problem still continue? Just wondering.

I don't ken, My girl has'nt been to e town's this week yet. Will keep you posted if it so.

bluelady
03-Oct-07, 09:43
for Jeid and Metalattakk

I am not getting into a debate here or justifying my post, but just for you two, I have highlighted e following points:

My daughter is 21, she dealt with this herself, went to e police by herself
She asked me to post this
Her friends and 20 and 43
All three were sober - no mistakes - statements factual
None of them or me ken these peeps - so no personal conflict
All facts are correct as reported to e Police
In Glasgow, there are hundreds of peeps carry weapons as in e city we came from. We are all aware of that.
In Caithness, these are isolated incidents, a lot of people especially e elderly believe they are safe here.
If you dont like my post''s, dinnae reply to them.End of message.

Metalattakk
03-Oct-07, 10:31
She has actually said that it's been reported to the Police.

No she hasn't. This is what she said:

My daughter told em where to go and today went to the police to see if indeed a crime had been reported and no such thing has.

So as far as we have been told, the matter was not reported, and is not logged with the Police as an incident.

Why not?

spiggie
03-Oct-07, 17:21
OMG :O i cant believe the big hooo haaa about punctuation on here! It's not as if we're writing a dam thesis! If you can read it its good enough for me!

Thumper
03-Oct-07, 17:39

So as far as we have been told, the matter was not reported, and is not logged with the Police as an incident.

Why not?
I think you are mis reading this...Blue ladys daughter asked the police if the people who accused her of oweing them money had reperted this incident as they told the girl they had...they hadn't.Blueladys daughter then reported that they had tried to "intimidate" her into giving them money x

Metalattakk
03-Oct-07, 18:01
I can only read what is written here. And what was written certainly gave no impression of the crime being reported. In fact, what was written gave the distinct impression that the crime had NOT been reported.

Perhaps this is a good example of not using the written word correctly and thus not getting your point across.

telfordstar
03-Oct-07, 18:11
OMG :O i cant believe the big hooo haaa about punctuation on here! It's not as if we're writing a dam thesis! If you can read it its good enough for me!

here here well put.

Thumper
03-Oct-07, 18:14
I can only read what is written here. And what was written certainly gave no impression of the crime being reported. In fact, what was written gave the distinct impression that the crime had NOT been reported.

Perhaps this is a good example of not using the written word correctly and thus not getting your point across.
Yes cos we all know that good punctuation stops crime "full stop" [disgust]

anneoctober
03-Oct-07, 23:09
Yes cos we all know that good punctuation stops crime "full stop"
Thumper, I know this was tongue in cheek, but I can HEAR you stamping in the background !:D

Bluelady's original post was intended as a warning, which I'm glad she took the time to do. No one should be approached in this hostile manner and be blackmailed into parting with their money. Do you think an elderly lady or gent alone on the street would be able to defy these thugs, I think not. The police should get out of the police stations and their patrol cars and be seen on streets then they could start doing their job effectively and get to know the folk in Caithness. Our elderly are afraid to walk the streets alone in daylight never mind evenings. If the police do nothing the gang culture will take hold here , what starts out as extortion, will end up in physical attacks and even murder of the innocent.

Metalattakk
03-Oct-07, 23:23
LOL! Classic knee-jerk extrapolation there. We're all going to end up murdered?

Where's Private Frazer?

"We're doomed, I tell ye!"

luskentyre
03-Oct-07, 23:36
Well, if ever there was a thread that would put people off posting on this forum - this is it.

I believe the original poster genuinely created the thread to warn others about a real scam that was happening. What's wrong with that? Personally I think that's admirable.

So, what happens? They get shot down in flames. Very supportive, very community spirited...

anneoctober
04-Oct-07, 00:27
Well, if ever there was a thread that would put people off posting on this forum - this is it.

I believe the original poster genuinely created the thread to warn others about a real scam that was happening. What's wrong with that? Personally I think that's admirable.

So, what happens? They get shot down in flames. Very supportive, very community spirited...
I have to agree Luskentyre. Metalattakk just because we live in Caithness, does n't mean to say that we're isolated from the stuff that's happening elsewhere. I never thought in my wildest dreams that Caithness would have a drug problem, but we do. My knee jerk is just due to my age.........:~(

bluelady
04-Oct-07, 10:09

Why not?

Yes she did go and report it to e police, all details were taken but they told her, little can be done unless she or her friends knew who they were. And then told her something else which as to be kept to herself at this present time. All visits to e police about incidents are logged, even if it's just for future reference. Are you a happy chappie now that I have cleared that one up for you ? The majority of peeps here can comprehend that going to e police with this information constititutes reporting facts to e police. Maybe you concentrate to much on e puncuation and grammer,to be able to read between e lines!

Metalattakk
04-Oct-07, 10:47
Yes she did go and report it to e police, all details were taken but they told her, little can be done unless she or her friends knew who they were.

Right, thank you (at last) for clearing that up.

And then told her something else which as to be kept to herself at this present time.

So I presume that police investigations are ongoing, then? If that is the case, then surely coming on here crying about it could jeopardise those very investigations? Those bullies (for that is what they are, no more, no less) could be reading this thread, and suddenly realise that the cops are on to them. First thing they'll do is concoct an alibi. Forewarned is forearmed.

Maybe you concentrate to much on e puncuation and grammer,to be able to read between e lines!

If the 'puncuation' and 'grammer' leave the post largely illegible, then there is nothing left but to read between the lines.

People shouldn't have to read between the lines.

hotrod4
05-Oct-07, 06:37
HAving read thoroughly through this thread I have noticed something.
It seems that SOME(not all) just post anything and try to deviate from the original topic.

I for one am glad that bluelady posted this, as she is perfectly entitled to, at least someone is being informative and not playing childish games with peoples feelings and looking for faults.

I wish just for once that a thread can stay on subject without people "hijacking" it and changing it around to get a reaction from people,IF YOU WANT A REACTION RUB A CHILLI PEPPER IN YOUR EYES THAT ALWAYS GETS A REACTION!!!!!
Well done bluelady for setting the record straight and not being intimidated, after all wasnt the original post about being intimidated then to come on here and be harrassed and intimidated again, cant be very nice for you.

Good luck to your family and friends and I hope that you get a good result.

Ricco
05-Oct-07, 08:16

I quite agree! There have been many posters who jibe about the org being a 'nanny' place, that there is too much control, its too full of softies and that people should be able to say what they want. And what happens when someone DOES say something?? Someone, who is only trying to alert others to a danger?? They get jumped on and stamped on for exercising their right to freedom of speech.

Huh?? What's going on? Sounds like a few orgers support a totalitarian state - "You can do and say what you like but if I don't like it then I'm going to give you a real roasting."

By the way, I do hope that my post is free of spelling and grammatical errors - no point in giving those same dictators a chance to have a pop at me, now is there!

I have long been a proponent of free speech but only if it is within socially accepted bounds. I have noticed a trend back towards slanging and berating some orgers and I certainly was not impressed last time the flamers donned their incinerators.

I am therefore withdrawing from the org until I see a more sociable tone where the org returns to being a community.

laguna2
05-Oct-07, 08:37

I couldn't agree with you more. I have watched this, and other, threads develop into a witch hunt just because someone tried to let people on the org know that there were nasty people on the go or just express an opinion!

These boards are a place for discussion and information - but there is a huge difference between discussion and what is happening in this (and other) threads!

If you don't like/agree with someone's post, and can't find it in yourself to comment in a civilised manner ... then ignore it!

Some months ago I commented on a thread in the same manner as I understood the first post to be ... amusing. However, I was shot down in flames and felt publicly humiliated. I did consider leaving the board, but why should I - or anyone else give up something that I enjoy (mostly). Perhaps I will be shot down in flames again for this post.

Let's get the org back to the community board it once was. Forget the personal attacks on other posters, let's discuss things in a friendly manner and then perhaps people will not feel the need to leave!

Lolabelle
05-Oct-07, 09:20
AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [evil]
So what if it is a personal conflict?
So what if there are spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes?
So what if you don't all agree?
So what if she did or didn't put a formal report to the police?

So What????

Get over yourselves, you're getting very boring.

Metalattakk
05-Oct-07, 12:03
So what if you don't all agree?

Exactly. People should be allowed to agree and disagree. As long as the responses are not hurtful or use bad language then all is fair game as far as I am concerned.

If I read something that provokes a response, then I have the right to respond, in whatever manner I see fit. The moderators can then decide whether my comments are allowed to stand or not.

This applies to everyone.

Lolabelle
05-Oct-07, 13:11
Exactly. People should be allowed to agree and disagree. As long as the responses are not hurtful or use bad language then all is fair game as far as I am concerned.

If I read something that provokes a response, then I have the right to respond, in whatever manner I see fit. The moderators can then decide whether my comments are allowed to stand or not.

This applies to everyone.

Exactly, but why would any one think that we haven't gotten their point by now, this fruitless to-ing and fro-ing has gone on ad nauseum.

Seabird
05-Oct-07, 13:21
HAving read thoroughly through this thread I have noticed something.
It seems that SOME(not all) just post anything and try to deviate from the original topic.

I for one am glad that bluelady posted this, as she is perfectly entitled to, at least someone is being informative and not playing childish games with peoples feelings and looking for faults.

I wish just for once that a thread can stay on subject without people "hijacking" it and changing it around to get a reaction from people,IF YOU WANT A REACTION RUB A CHILLI PEPPER IN YOUR EYES THAT ALWAYS GETS A REACTION!!!!!
Well done bluelady for setting the record straight and not being intimidated, after all wasnt the original post about being intimidated then to come on here and be harrassed and intimidated again, cant be very nice for you.

Good luck to your family and friends and I hope that you get a good result.

I totally agree.

bluelady
05-Oct-07, 14:26
Thanks, four your support, Laguna2 and Hotrod4. and all you other orgers. :) I four 1 am not intimidated by verbal "online bullies". But I know that others have been quite upset by it:
lollabelle - sorry but if my thread and the opinions of other orgers are boring you, then, dont read or reply to it" simple as that ! We will continue to post useful information, peeps can make what they will out of it, so carry on up e org ! ;)

rob murray
05-Oct-07, 14:34
Bluelady, you are either being "wound up" or dealing with the type of people who hold a very warped view of reality...see Drunks at River for some rather strange mutterings.

Lolabelle
05-Oct-07, 22:50
lollabelle - sorry but if my thread and the opinions of other orgers are boring you, then, dont read or reply to it" simple as that ! We will continue to post useful information, peeps can make what they will out of it, so carry on up e org !

Not you Bluelady, sorry if I came across to you that way. :eek: :(