PDA

View Full Version : Pat on strike again, allow extra time

brokencross
30-Sep-07, 21:05
The Royal Mail are stepping up their strike action, effectively a 5/6 day strike:-
Industrial action: an update from Royal Mail - September 28th update

The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further strike action, in the form of two 48 hour strikes, from lunchtime on Thursday 4th – lunchtime on Saturday 6th October, and from the early hours of Monday 8th – early hours Wednesday 10th October

This will be followed by an unspecified programme of weekly strikes, starting w/c October 15th, until the resolution of the dispute.

more details here:- http://www.royalmail.com

mccaugm
30-Sep-07, 21:10
[evil]Has anyone noticed that their post is arriving later and later...mine used to arrive about 11am now its mid-afternoon....whats going on? Is it the strike action or????

luskentyre
30-Sep-07, 23:34
It seems to me that, everytime the Royal Mail goes on strike, they lose more business to their competitors (thereby undermining their own positions), whilst annoying/inconveniencing the general public at the same time.

Maybe Pat needs to think about getting a new job?

brokencross
01-Oct-07, 09:27
Oh, and I forgot to mention they will be stopping Sunday and Bank Holiday collections from ALL post boxes and businesses on 28 October.

I agree with luskentyre, by striking, the workers are only damaging an already ailing business, and business users are leaving in their droves.