PDA

View Full Version : Adult cats needing homes

Liz
12-Aug-05, 14:56
Cats Protection has four adult male cats in foster care at the moment who we are depsperate to find loving homes for.

They are overlooked for kittens which is a shame as they are all beautiful cats with lovely natures. They have all been neutered and are litter trained.

Because they were all strays we don't know what ages they are but they are not old cats.
They are:- Black with a tiny bit of white on throat; Black Fluffy; Black and White and Tabby and White.

Whilst our foster carers do a great job caring for these cats nothing can compare with a permanent home so if you can offer one of these cats the chance of a home please contact me and I could send you a photo by email. The photos haven't been uploaded onto our website yet as it is being updated.

Thanks!!!

Liz

Margaret M.
12-Aug-05, 23:00
I hope they all find wonderful homes, Liz.

Liz
12-Aug-05, 23:38
Thanks Margaret! I do as well as they really are lovely cats and only want to be cared for in a good home. Not much to ask for! :(

I made a mistake in saying that they are all male as the black fluffy one is female. In fact when she was taken into foster care she was in kitten and gave birth to two kittens but, very sadly, one was stilborn
She has been in foster care for quite some time now and it really isn't fair her being confined to a foster pen for so long.

We are due to take another cat in soon and this is another black and white long haired male!!!

Please, please if you can give a cat a home pm me.

Thanks!

Liz :D

Liz
13-Aug-05, 19:08
Some photos of the cats needing homes can now be seen on www.caithness.cpl.btinternet.co.uk

Liz

Zambo
13-Aug-05, 20:12
From the menu on the left hand side, click on Cats In Care to see the full selection of photos. All of these cats desperately need new homes. They are all so friendly and affectionate.

More photos to follow - and hopefully more new homes!

wicker
15-Aug-05, 13:07
hi liz, i already have a male cat and have been keen for a while to get another one but worried about how well both cats would adjust to each other

Liz
15-Aug-05, 15:25
hi liz, i already have a male cat and have been keen for a while to get another one but worried about how well both cats would adjust to each other

Hi Wicker

We have a lovely black and white male in just now who has a beautiful nature and is fine with other cats. To be honest whenever a new cat is introduced to a household with another cat there will be a 'settling in' period when the cats get used to each other but there are things which can be done to help such as introducing the cats slowly ,usually by keeping the new cat in the cat carrier or an indoor cage for a wee while to let them see each other but without being able to do any harm. Also taking a couple of pieces of material and rubbing it around the scent glands of both cats and letting the cats sniff the hankies so they get used to each other's scents.

It all really depends on the temperament of the cats but at CP if a cat doesn't settle in to a new home then we will take it back.

If you are interested in giving a cat a home please pm your details and I'll contact you.

Thanks! :D
Liz