PDA

View Full Version : Injured cat

Liz
29-Sep-07, 17:49
Sadly, a very young black cat was knocked down in Willowbank today.

Some kind people took it to the Vets for treatment.

People living in the area said that it is either a stray or a missing cat so I am trying to trace the owner.

If you know of a missing cat fitting this description then please pm me.

carasmam
30-Sep-07, 00:47
Let us know how he/she is doing when you get a chance Liz, poor puss, hope you find his owners :(

Liz
30-Sep-07, 20:03
Let us know how he/she is doing when you get a chance Liz, poor puss, hope you find his owners :(

I certainly will. No owner has been found so far which is a bit worrying.
Have no idea what to do with it as all our foster pens are full!!!!:roll:

Liz
01-Oct-07, 18:29
Well the wee cat is being discharged from the Vets tomorrow with a very sore leg.
Sadly, no owner has been forthcoming so we are taking it into foster care even though this means that another stray cat who was due to come in can't now!:(
It is getting so bad as the number of stray and unwanted cats and kittens are growing by the day and we just don't have room for them as we are not homing those we have fast enough!:confused

Still we will continue to do the best we can and at least this wee one will get the care it deserves from one of our team of dedicated fosterers.

Julia
01-Oct-07, 21:55
You and the other volunteers are doing a great job Liz, it's so nice to know someone cares about the strays and unwanted litters, keep up the good work.

We would give one a home if we weren't all allergic to cat hair :~(

I make up stickers every year for posting my christmas cards, 'A dog is for life, not just for Christmas' adorns them all. I think I will change it this year to 'Pets are for life, not just for Christmas!'

Liz
01-Oct-07, 22:20
You and the other volunteers are doing a great job Liz, it's so nice to know someone cares about the strays and unwanted litters, keep up the good work.

We would give one a home if we weren't all allergic to cat hair :~(

I make up stickers every year for posting my christmas cards, 'A dog is for life, not just for Christmas' adorns them all. I think I will change it this year to 'Pets are for life, not just for Christmas!'

Thanks a lot Julia! I could always shave one for you!!!!:lol:

Good idea re the stickers.

Liz
02-Oct-07, 18:22
The cat is now in foster care and it's leg is a lot better thankfully.

It actually has white on it as well on it's face, chest and paws.

No one has reported this cat missing sadly but it has been well cared for.

So, if you know whose cat it is or can offer it a home then please pm me.

connieb19
02-Oct-07, 18:31
I'm sad to say there was a dead cat in George Street this morning, just incase someone is looking for their pet. It was either dark grey and white or black and white. :(

Julia
02-Oct-07, 18:39
Thanks a lot Julia! I could always shave one for you!!!!

Keep me in mind if you ever need a home for one of those hairless cats! One like this would be perfect for us.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/jmbudge/cat_41b.jpg

connieb19
02-Oct-07, 18:40
I think those hairless cats are lovely.

KCI
02-Oct-07, 18:47
Liz, is this a little cat - very friendly?

We usually see a small black cat in the mornings on the way to school, although I haven't seen him for a while now. I thought he belonged to someone in Henrietta Street, but maybe it's not the same one.

Liz
02-Oct-07, 20:10
Keep me in mind if you ever need a home for one of those hairless cats! One like this would be perfect for us.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/jmbudge/cat_41b.jpg

Hee hee! Getting the shaver ready right now!!!!:lol:

Liz
02-Oct-07, 20:12
e it
Liz, is this a little cat - very friendly?

We usually see a small black cat in the mornings on the way to school, although I haven't seen him for a while now. I thought he belonged to someone in Henrietta Street, but maybe it's not the same one.

Aye it is a friendly wee thing.

Maybe it is the same cat if you haven't seen it in a while but not sure how to find out who the owner is and no one has reported it missing yet.:(

KCI
02-Oct-07, 22:49
e it

Aye it is a friendly wee thing.

Maybe it is the same cat if you haven't seen it in a while but not sure how to find out who the owner is and no one has reported it missing yet.:(

I'm going to ask around - I have seen him mainly in Henrietta Street, but he quite often follows us through Baron's Well, and into Willowbank. He's a beautiful little cat. Do you have a picture of him? I'm sure he lives in Henrietta Street - can't understand why no-one has reported him missing.

Liz
02-Oct-07, 23:09
I'm going to ask around - I have seen him mainly in Henrietta Street, but he quite often follows us through Baron's Well, and into Willowbank. He's a beautiful little cat. Do you have a picture of him? I'm sure he lives in Henrietta Street - can't understand why no-one has reported him missing.

I think I may have found the owner of the cat but am waiting for confirmation and will let you know. Thanks!

Liz
03-Oct-07, 19:45
Glad to say that cat and owner are now reunited.:D

Sadly it has turned out that the cat doesn't like being at home since a new baby arrived and tends to wander over to the Willowbank area.

The owner is looking for a home for him in the country so can anyone help? He is very friendly.