PDA

View Full Version : If you could have anyone to dinner who would it be?

Thumper
28-Sep-07, 21:13
Just for a bit of fun who would you have over for dinner if you could have anybody past or present?I would have Marilyn Munro as she is my idol,Elvis to entertain us,Robbie Williams to fill the eye candy slot [lol],Oprah Winfrey because I admire all that she has done,My dad ...cos I miss him(I know that puts a bit of a downer on it) and finally(and don't get too bigheaded) I would have johno for the jokes:lol: So who would you have???? x

johno
28-Sep-07, 21:26
Just for a bit of fun who would you have over for dinner if you could have anybody past or present?I would have Marilyn Munro as she is my idol,Elvis to entertain us,Robbie Williams to fill the eye candy slot [lol],Oprah Winfrey because I admire all that she has done,My dad ...cos I miss him(I know that puts a bit of a downer on it) and finally(and don't get too bigheaded) I would have johno for the jokes:lol: So who would you have???? x
Apart from Robbie Id be humbled & privaleged in that co. Jamie Oliver to cook the meal .Robbie could serve though. he he he.

Thumper
28-Sep-07, 21:27
Johnno it would have to be Marco Pierre White to cook the meal then we could just dump Robbie full stop ;) x

karia
28-Sep-07, 21:30
Just for a bit of fun who would you have over for dinner if you could have anybody past or present?I would have Marilyn Munro as she is my idol,Elvis to entertain us,Robbie Williams to fill the eye candy slot ,Oprah Winfrey because I admire all that she has done,My dad ...cos I miss him(I know that puts a bit of a downer on it) and finally(and don't get too bigheaded) I would have johno for the jokes So who would you have???? x

Hi thumper,

I would have helen wyler of .org fame..that girl knows how to cook!:roll:

Angela would offer something we could discuss without falling out over!

...............Ricco for the abject flirting!;)

And yes!

Johno for the laughs...without a doubt!

Karia

Anne x
28-Sep-07, 21:43
Gordon Ramsay to cook or Nick Nairne
and John Mcenroe as top guest with Mark Knopfler and Eric Clapton providing music Mmm list endless

forgot last but not least Lady Thatcher

anneoctober
28-Sep-07, 21:49
I'd have my mum, because I miss her too. Elvis as my mum adored him and he'd sing just for her. Princess Diana for all the Goss from the hereafter and her wit and humour. Jock Stein, cos we need some help to calm gordon doon a bit and gie him some decent advice. Magic Martin O'Neill, it would be great listening to him & Jock. Harry Secombe, for his fun & laughter and a song or two. Anthony Cotton from Corrie, he'd get on well wi Diana and she'd love his patter! Nanoo because we could experiment with e cocktails, Karia because she would bring an aura of calm to the table and commonsense ;) Not forgetting the acid tongue of Kenneth Williams . Yep, Thumper that would be my first lot of guests, and did you HAVE to double book Johno? [lol]

karia
28-Sep-07, 21:50
Gordon Ramsay to cook or Nick Nairne
and John Mcenroe as top guest with Mark Knopfler and Eric Clapton providing music Mmm list endless

I don't know about you anne, but I barely see the folks I love in (so called!) 'real life.'

Haven't seen my best mate in 5 whole months..but will remedying it in a fortnight with an all night party to celebrate his birthday!

He deserves better.;)

karia

karia
28-Sep-07, 21:53
I'd have my mum, because I miss her too. Elvis as my mum adored him and he'd sing just for her. Princess Diana for all the Goss from the hereafter and her wit and humour. Jock Stein, cos we need some help to calm gordon doon a bit and gie him some decent advice. Magic Martin O'Neill, it would be great listening to him & Jock. Harry Secombe, for his fun & laughter and a song or two. Anthony Cotton from Corrie, he'd get on well wi Diana and she'd love his patter! Nanoo because we could experiment with e cocktails, Karia because she would bring an aura of calm to the table and commonsense ;) Not forgetting the acid tongue of Kenneth Williams . Yep, Thumper that would be my first lot of guests, and did you HAVE to double book Johno? [lol]

can I sit between Thumper and Harry Secombe?

kariaxx

Thumper
28-Sep-07, 21:55
Karia, you can sit beside me anytime you like hun,it would be an honour x

anneoctober
28-Sep-07, 22:05
can I sit between Thumper and Harry Secombe?

kariaxx
As long as I can hear the conversation, and have a liberal supply of cocktails, no problem Karia .....;) Please NO thumping Thumper, it's not going to be a good morning after..... [lol]

Thumper
28-Sep-07, 22:08
Anne I will try my hardest not to thump...but when I get excited I just can't help myself [lol] x

peter macdonald
28-Sep-07, 22:42
Easy Robert Burns Voltaire Ben Franklin John MacLean Rudyard Kipling Golda Meir Marilyn Munro St Margaret of Scotland Emily Pankhurst Eva Peron + My Granny and Grandad
(On standby James Hogg (the Ettrick shepherd) and Ingrid Bergman
Chef Rick Stein
Music Mozart / Jussi Bjorling/ Maria Callas
Beer Lapin Kulta
Whisky Old Pulteney
Wine Dao /Chablis
PM

floyed
29-Sep-07, 00:26
My dad to ask him questions i never got to, britney spears to see what she is really like, pink floyd to sing me ma fav songs, and brad pitt to look at mmm:D

golach
29-Sep-07, 00:41
I would have all my .Org, pals, the select group I consider friends, not only those I have met personally, but my pals in the chat room too.

Jeemag_USA
29-Sep-07, 01:10
I would like to share a meal with Gandhi, he is my all time hero, and he can always use a meal with all that fasting he did, he would be at the head of the table, no meat though. I would also have Martin Luther King, Bob Marley, Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama, John Lennon, Tom Hanks, James Stewart, Robert De Niro, Robin Williams, Jimi Hendrix. Also The Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplin and The Three Stooges for some rioutous laughter! I would be doing the cooking because thats one thing I am good at, although I might invite Keith Floyd to introduce each dish and pour the wine, always like him and he was a big fan of The Stranglers which means he is cool in my book :Razz

airdlass
29-Sep-07, 02:25
I would have my mum and dad and my wee sister - and I would have Nigella Lawson cooking the meal - her passion and enjoyment of food is second to none.

Lolabelle
29-Sep-07, 06:39
I would like to share a meal with Gandhi, he is my all time hero, and he can always use a meal with all that fasting he did, he would be at the head of the table, no meat though. I would also have Martin Luther King, Bob Marley, Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama, John Lennon, Tom Hanks, James Stewart, Robert De Niro, Robin Williams, Jimi Hendrix. Also The Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplin and The Three Stooges for some rioutous laughter! I would be doing the cooking because thats one thing I am good at, although I might invite Keith Floyd to introduce each dish and pour the wine, always like him and he was a big fan of The Stranglers which means he is cool in my book :Razz

This would be a very 'male' night I think, but would be fun, no doubt. I would have some of my very lovely orger friends, you know who you are!

TRUCKER
29-Sep-07, 07:11
I would have John f Kennedy Garth Brooks my mum and my quiz mates.

Ricco
29-Sep-07, 09:11
I would have Joanna Lumley - I think she is fascinating. Also, Sir Ian McKellan - wonderful actor. Karia, because I am intrigued and want to meet her; and all my org friends so that we can have the most monumentous party ever! Rock on!:cool:

canuck
29-Sep-07, 11:10
With all the projects that need doing around this house, I would like to invite Bobinovich, Tristan, Ricco, gleeber and Errogie for a meal a week from Saturday.

helenwyler
29-Sep-07, 11:25
Well, apart from any orgers who'd like to come:), I'd have....

Living
Stephen Fry
Germaine Greer
Tony Benn
Joanna Lumley
Monty Don (not allowed to talk gardening)
Vanessa Redgrave

Dead
Kier Hardie
Mark Twain
Woody Guthrie
Sylvia Pankhurst
Geraldine Ferrar
Marie Lloyd

Cocktails: anything you like, mine's a Manhattan or two!
Wine: only the best!...Puligny Montrachet and Chateau Petrus
Chef: Rick Stein (and Chalky, sadly, could only come to the second party:().

If only!!

Angela
29-Sep-07, 11:28
Just one question before I send out the invitations......how big will this dinner table be? :roll:
Looks like I'll need to rent a banqueting hall already, with Org pals I'd love to meet and family (including some sadly no longer "with us") that just must be there...
I'm sure the Org could supply everyone that's needed to cook the meal and provide geat music and other entertainent...but I would rather like to invite Jose Mourinho ...just to look at, of course....;)

nanoo
29-Sep-07, 14:30
I'll just hire the assembly rooms for all orgers are invited to my tables. Special invitations go out to Anneoctober and Laguna2 as they are pals and of course Johno who is a pal too but he will keep the whole hall entertained with his wit. Guests of honour will be Elvis Presley(cause i love him) Rock Hudson(cause he is so handsome and will cause a stir in the hall) and Tom Cruise, he will be serving the drinks to all(for obvious reasons, COCKTAIL the movie) Last but by no means least, Anneoctobers granny and my own granny, because they both provide a wealth of answers to our quizes and i want to pick their brains.:lol: Menu will be supplied by Ainsley Harriot, he is witty as well as a good chef. Waiters will be Chippendale lookalikes. I intend it to be a memorable night for all. [lol]

anneoctober
29-Sep-07, 18:34
[quote=nanoo;276986]I'll just hire the assembly rooms for all orgers are invited to my tables. Special invitations go out to Anneoctober and Laguna2 as they are pals and of course Johno who is a pal too but he will keep the whole hall entertained with his wit. Guests of honour will be Elvis Presley(cause i love him) Rock Hudson(cause he is so handsome and will cause a stir in the hall) and Tom Cruise, he will be serving the drinks to all(for obvious reasons, COCKTAIL the movie) Last but by no means least, Anneoctobers granny and my own granny, because they both provide a wealth of answers to our quizes and i want to pick their brains.Menu will be supplied by Ainsley Harriot, he is witty as well as a good chef. Waiters will be Chippendale lookalikes. I intend it to be a memorable night for all. /quote]
What date is that again Nanoo? !! ;) Did someone mention cocktails?[lol]

karia
29-Sep-07, 18:38
What date is that again Nanoo? !! Did someone mention cocktails?[lol]

Hi anne,

Can We assume that you are once again in radiant health?;)

Kariax

helenwyler
29-Sep-07, 18:42
Did someone mention cocktails?[lol][/font]

Yes it was me anne...a large Manhattan please;)!

moureen
29-Sep-07, 20:23
For me my perfect dinner date would have to be Steve Mcqueen the sexiest man ever!!! and the best looking but as i cant have him if there's a look alike living in Thurso and your available P/M me!!! LOL.

scorrie
29-Sep-07, 21:15
For me my perfect dinner date would have to be Steve Mcqueen the sexiest man ever!!! and the best looking but as i cant have him if there's a look alike living in Thurso and your available P/M me!!! LOL.

I don't look like Steve McQueen but most women seem to make a Great Escape when I arrive at a party ;o)

karia
29-Sep-07, 21:22
I don't look like Steve McQueen but most women seem to make a Great Escape when I arrive at a party ;o)

Perhaps you could leave your DVD choices behind...and the T -shirt suggesting bigger is better.....

...it might be held against you..:eek:....oh happy day!

mind you scorrie..you don't leave anyone in any doubt as how to please!;)

Kariax

Murchiemannie
29-Sep-07, 22:23
Gordon Ramsay to do the cooking
Jilly Goulden to supply the wines
and my Mum to simply sit and enjoy everything to make up for all the cooking she did for the family through the years and my eldest brother who left so suddenly we never had a chance to say goodbye.:lol:

mccaugm
30-Sep-07, 19:33
Totty - Daniel Craig
Chef - Gordon Ramsay
Crack - Billy Connolly
Female take on things - Dawn French
Naughty Jokes - Craig Hill
Intellectual Conversation with comedy twist - Rory Bremner
Mickey taking opportunity - Tony Blair
(need to even up with some more interesting women)
just because she seems bizzare - Beth Ditto
To see if its really Oil of Olay that keeps her skin so TIGHT -Nadine Baggot
To get some decent wine for the meal - Gilly Goolden
To even things up with Ms French - Jennifer Saunders
To see if she is really that naive - Sienna Miller

paris
30-Sep-07, 19:45
Sitting at my dinner table eating something scrumptious I wish i could have my mum , dad and my best friend Anne with me ( All live on the other side )
This side i would have hubby , my 4 grown up kids, no partners so it would be just like it was when they were little. jan x

trix
30-Sep-07, 20:16
i wid hev...
roger waters (pink floyd) so he could sing til me, brad pitt so i could just look at him (all day)
jim morrison (doors) cos he wis so interestin, died too young :(

e auld chile (he wid take e huff if i didna,) better take ma mither too so she can keep an eye on him (take him home when he gets drunk!)...

karia cos shes just so cool, an her husband cos he helped e auld wifie ;)
al paccino (in his scarface days) an ma best pal annie cos she fancys him too, an i would kwite lek til get e crack wi e late bobby coghill. he could play us a tune on his pipes...

karia
30-Sep-07, 20:35
i wid hev

karia cos shes just so cool, an her husband cos he helped e auld wifie
al paccino (in his scarface days) an ma best pal annie cos she fancys him too, an i would kwite lek til get e crack wi e late bobby coghill. he could play us a tune on his pipes...

Blimey trix,

ye cannae invite me to a dinner party wi'Al Paccino and make me bring OH as well!:eek:

Seriously..He is honoured by the invite, as am I.:D

(OH is packing his dinner jacket and his Carly Simon collection!)

Karia

connieb19
30-Sep-07, 21:29
i wid hev...
roger waters (pink floyd) so he could sing til me, brad pitt so i could just look at him (all day)
jim morrison (doors) cos he wis so interestin, died too young :(

e auld chile (he wid take e huff if i didna,) better take ma mither too so she can keep an eye on him (take him home when he gets drunk!)...

karia cos shes just so cool, an her husband cos he helped e auld wifie ;)
You mean to say you widna invite the blokie from the Cafe?

Bobinovich
30-Sep-07, 21:39
With all the projects that need doing around this house, I would like to invite Bobinovich, Tristan, Ricco, gleeber and Errogie for a meal a week from Saturday.

LOL Canuck - I'd love a trip south but fear my skills would be in little demand! Computers - Yes, DIY - Not my strongest suit. Always up for some good grub tho' so pass the menu by me and my DIY skills might miraculously get better so I can still qualify for my invite [lol]

trix
30-Sep-07, 23:05
ye cannae invite me to a dinner party wi'Al Paccino and make me bring OH as well!:eek:

Karia

sorry karia,
but e less competition for me, e better!
im thinkin o ditchin ma pal annie fie e guest list too :eek:

or i guess i could invite johnny depp an seat her next til him. im sure they wid be lovely together...

karia
30-Sep-07, 23:28
sorry karia,
but e less competition for me, e better!
im thinkin o ditchin ma pal annie fie e guest list too

or i guess i could invite johnny depp an seat her next til him. im sure they wid be lovely together...

Ha..Ha!

I'd bet you'd no wear yer jammies on that occasion!:eek:

Think silk!

Karia the slinky,..in all senses o' the word!....;)xx