PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Excel

doyle
28-Sep-07, 21:04
I cant seem to find microsoft excel on my puter anywhere. Last time i used excel was 4 years ago! I was wanting to brush up on it as i will be using it in new job and want to get some practice in. If i cant retrieve it from somewhere, how can i download it again? Quick help would be very much appreciated, thx

fred
28-Sep-07, 21:27
I cant seem to find microsoft excel on my puter anywhere. Last time i used excel was 4 years ago! I was wanting to brush up on it as i will be using it in new job and want to get some practice in. If i cant retrieve it from somewhere, how can i download it again? Quick help would be very much appreciated, thx

You have to pay for Excel.

I'd download openoffice from http://www.openoffice.org/ it's very good and free, includes a spreadsheet compatible with Excel.

Mr_Me19
29-Sep-07, 11:32
Your best place to look for excel if you dont have it is ebay. If you don't want to pay again full stop then try OpenOffice.

If you think that you still have excel on your computer and easy way to check is to go to Start, then click Run and type "excel" into the box (Without the quotes). If it runs then you have excel on your computer.

To get a nice shortcut on your start menu again you need to go to the "Program Files" folder, then Microsoft office. Now there will be different folders in here depending on what version of office you have. I have 2003 and so I go into "OFFICE11". In here is the file "excel.exe". Right-click this and select "Copy". Then close the folder.
Now right-click on the start button and select "Open All Users". Go into the "Programs" folder. Now right-click on a blank space and select "Paste Shortcut". If it all goes to plan then you will have a shortcut to excel every time you open your start menu.

P.S. I had a much better explination but firefox decided to go back a page when I hit the backspace key for some reason... [disgust]

doyle
02-Oct-07, 18:22
Thanks fred & Mr_Me19. I have managed to find it! After advice from my son I went in to programs and did a search for excel, and hey, there it was. I now have it as a shortcut on my desktop. Still can't understand how it was there somewhere and not able to access it? Anyway, sorted! Thx again for your help.