PDA

View Full Version : User Names

kitty
28-Sep-07, 16:38
This has probably been a thread before but i was just wandering why you all chose the user names that you did

I chose mine because i had gotten a kitten the day i registered with the org. :D

young_fishin_neep
28-Sep-07, 16:43
im not to sure, its a mixture of me being young, i like to go fishing, and im a bit of a neep :D

all went together quite well, i regularly get called neep round the house, and my nicknames kaz, (which is what i put at the end of my message) not often i get called by my proper name

kaz xxxxx

nanoo
28-Sep-07, 16:47
Hi Kitty, i chose my name because i was a fan of Mork and Mindy many years ago and in each episode Mork has to tune into his home planet with a report of the weeks events, he always signed off saying, Nanoo Nanoo. This, combined with the fact that it is part of my name anyway, meant i never forgot. So that was good enough for me and thats how Nanoo was born.;)

Anne x
28-Sep-07, 16:50
Hi Kitty I couldnt think of anything else at the time !!! and would remember it easily well that was the Idea ;)

Ax

kitty
28-Sep-07, 16:52
Hi Kitty, i chose my name because i was a fan of Mork and Mindy many years ago and in each episode Mork has to tune into his home planet with a report of the weeks events, he always signed off saying, Nanoo Nanoo. This, combined with the fact that it is part of my name anyway, meant i never forgot. So that was good enough for me and thats how Nanoo was born.;)

I used to watch mork and mindy aswell. It was funny. I'd forgotten about it :)

Thumper
28-Sep-07, 16:55
Hi Kitty mine was chosen for me...well thats not strictly true but it was a name given to me by a guy I was seeing for a while.He reckoned I stamped my feet if i was losing an arguement (never ever did such a thing :rolleyes:) but it kinda stuck with me after that so when I joined I thought I might as well use the name :) x

kitty
28-Sep-07, 16:58
Hi Kitty mine was chosen for me...well thats not strictly true but it was a name given to me by a guy I was seeing for a while.He reckoned I stamped my feet if i was losing an arguement (never ever did such a thing :rolleyes:) but it kinda stuck with me after that so when I joined I thought I might as well use the name x

Ha ha. I know what you mean. I never stamp my feet either :roll:

johno
28-Sep-07, 17:16
mine, well it is my name.

karia
28-Sep-07, 17:16
Hi Kitty,

Mine's quite a convoluted story and if I told you I'd have to kill you!:lol:

Suffice it to say that it is a shortened version and I find it quite adaptable...

i.e Karia compass,..Karia n umbrella,...you get my drift!;)

Good thread by the way!

Karia

thrumsterloon
28-Sep-07, 17:33
Hi Kitty, I chose my name as I am a loon and from Thrumster(no surprises there then),BTW my daughter is nicknamed Kitty.
Seeya TL

kitty
28-Sep-07, 17:47
Good thread by the way!

Karia

Thanks Karia :D

wifie
28-Sep-07, 18:16
Hi Kitty - I too like your thread. Thought of asking the question but never got round to it so well done you! I chose mine as it is kinda Caithnesian and I am one (a wifie that is!).

Wellies
28-Sep-07, 18:22
Chose my name as I never seem to be out of them especially this year. Oh and i'm a farmer by the way. Great thread.

Julia
28-Sep-07, 19:07
It's my name, completely unoriginal I know LOL

Liz
28-Sep-07, 20:15
It's my name, completely unoriginal I know LOL

Same here I'm afraid!:lol:

I am hopeless of thinking up user names as you can tell! Should have gone for Catwoman!!!lol

Ricco
28-Sep-07, 20:17
I'm sorry... I don't think you have the necessary security clearance for me to tell you. ;)

bluelady
28-Sep-07, 20:19
my nickname is Bugalugs! so I choose something completley differant. I love Bluebirds and was going to put that but absently mindedly put lady....Yes I did have a couple of Asti's that night but hey Im a laydee [lol]

lassieinfife
28-Sep-07, 20:21
Mine is because im a lassie and i live in fife ...... hasten to add i'm no a fifer lol

Royster1911
28-Sep-07, 20:22
Royster was the name of my pet dog and 1911 (19th Nov) was the date he went to doggie heaven:cry:

sms
28-Sep-07, 20:50
I chose mine coz its my initials, a bit boring but easy to remember.

Ash
28-Sep-07, 20:59
mines is part of my name- ashleigh , :DAsh for short boring eh?

WeeBurd
28-Sep-07, 21:07
I am, quite literally, a little lady, however as MrBurd is a 'weegie, it translated as WeeBurd, and he still calls me that all the time [lol]!

karia
28-Sep-07, 21:22
I am, quite literally, a little lady, however as MrBurd is a 'weegie, it translated as WeeBurd, and he still calls me that all the time !

Still looking for purple flutters!;)

You are certainly a lady..and then some!:D

Karia

anneoctober
28-Sep-07, 21:26
It's my name obviously and my birthday is in ...October :lol:
Wish I had red hair tho, then I coulda been Red October.......[lol]
Great thread wifie/kitty........

WeeBurd
28-Sep-07, 21:27
You're no looking hard enough wifie :lol:! We'll be driving down your way again in a couple of weeks though, this time with MrBurd's kilt swooshing in the wind... aye, on second thoughts, best not to look :eek:!

NLP
28-Sep-07, 22:15
I chose mine coz its my initials, a bit boring but easy to remember.
likewise I use my initials,

Blazing Sporrans
28-Sep-07, 22:19
Mine comes from Blazing Saddles - one of my all-time favourite movies. I just added a teuchter twist....

horseman
28-Sep-07, 22:23
I used to do most of the work with my daughters 3 horses( an pay most of the bills to) then taught me to ride at age 60, the world became a different place then:)That was a high light for me so hence the name.
young fishing neep-thanks for that one.I love it to bits.
bluelady-v-Bugalugs an that avatar,glad you put the nice one in
kitty one of our best remembered cats was kitty-16years an now she is under our kitchen window (2 feet down) still talk to her sometimes-odd yea I know,but;)

Lolabelle
29-Sep-07, 01:17
One of my babies is called Lola, when she is a good girl she get's called Lolabelle or La La, so I just used Lolabelle, and it is now my nickname around about. I use it for everything that I need a username for, cause I remember it. ;)

George Brims
29-Sep-07, 01:29
I got mine from my parents (named after my grandfather).

airdlass
29-Sep-07, 01:58
Family name

sassylass
29-Sep-07, 02:00
an old flame used to call me that ;)

robynaus
29-Sep-07, 02:47
Used to use my email address but "those that Know these things" said I mustn't do that so the kind people let me change it. It''s my name and I live in Australia. Not very imaginative but I'll try for a fancy atavar when I figure that one out regards robyn

rockchick
29-Sep-07, 04:04
Mine is because I'm a female geologist. (But I like rock music too!)

kitty
29-Sep-07, 04:04
Used to use my email address but "those that Know these things" said I mustn't do that so the kind people let me change it. It''s my name and I live in Australia. Not very imaginative but I'll try for a fancy atavar when I figure that one out regards robyn

Where about in australia do you live? My mum and sister live in Adelaide. I've never been myself but i hear it's lovely :D

TRUCKER
29-Sep-07, 06:30
I am callled trucker because thats what i do for a living good thread.

NickInTheNorth
29-Sep-07, 08:45
Way back in the mists of time when if not the earth, then at least the publicly accessible Internet was young (late 1980's) I was doing work on Internet systems based in London. Nearly everyone I knew using the Internet in the UK back then was based in London and the South East of England.

When I decided to move to the far far north (well Huddersfield, in Yorkshire actually) the cognoscenti decided to award me the "nom de guerre" of NickInTheNorth. It kind of stuck when I moved to the West Coast of Scotland, and then followed me up here to Caithness.

Having been using it for very nearly 20 years now it sometimes feels more real to me than my real name...

...and if you see a NickInTheNorth anywhere on the web chances are it's me :D

canuck
29-Sep-07, 08:54
"canuck" is one of those terms of endearment which Canadians sometimes apply to themselves. If you live in the East it comes from a Quebecois word for Canada, but it you live in the West it is a form of the native word "Chinook" the warm, wild winds that sweep down from the mountains.

It seemed a good name for me when I was moving to Caithness in 2004 and has just stayed with me since then.

Tugmistress
29-Sep-07, 09:13
My username is a twist on my job. I drive a 'Tugmaster' unit, but as i am female i decided to change the 'master' bit to mistress ;)

http://community.dcmag.co.uk/photos/tugmistresss_gallery/images/original/Tugmaster.aspx

footie chick
29-Sep-07, 10:29
Was written on the T-shirt I was wearing when I registered couldn't think of anything else at the time ;)

porshiepoo
29-Sep-07, 10:42
Royster was the name of my pet dog and 1911 (19th Nov) was the date he went to doggie heaven:cry:

Awwwwwwww! That has to be the sweetest thing ever.

I too chose mine from a pet.
My very first Great Dane was called Porsha and we used to call her Porshiepoo, although I don't know why. lol

scorrie
29-Sep-07, 21:22
Back when I used to sell/trade teddy bears, I chose the name scorrie in order to obtain a handle that hadn't already been taken. I have used it everywhere possible since then. Couldn't believe it hadn't already been "hoovered" on the Org.

Oddquine
29-Sep-07, 21:26
I'm a quine.......and I'm odd. Seemed appropriate............and I use it everywhere except for one forum.

karia
29-Sep-07, 21:36
I'm a quine.......and I'm odd. Seemed appropriate............and I use it everywhere except for one forum.

What way are you odd?:eek:

Karia

Mr_Me19
29-Sep-07, 21:51
I couldn't use my usual one (it has a number at the start) and so this was the first thing that popped into my head (after having used it somewhere else once (I think....)).

And I always thought quine was an aberdonian word.... Shows how ignorant I am! :lol:

wifie
29-Sep-07, 21:56
[quote=canuck;276907]"canuck" is one of those terms of endearment which Canadians sometimes apply to themselves. If you live in the East it comes from a Quebecois word for Canada, but it you live in the West it is a form of the native word "Chinook" the warm, wild winds that sweep down from the mountains.
Which one are you Canuck? East or West? I am thinking from the warmth apparent in your posts that you must be the wind!

Murchiemannie
29-Sep-07, 22:03
mine is after the street other half grew up in. got a bit mixed up when registering as I meant to put mrs. in front but hey! I'm sure it will do.:roll:

Metalattakk
29-Sep-07, 23:04
Mine is my real name.

DeHaviLand
30-Sep-07, 00:37
Mines comes from the job that I do

Oddquine
30-Sep-07, 00:39
I couldn't use my usual one (it has a number at the start) and so this was the first thing that popped into my head (after having used it somewhere else once (I think....)).

And I always thought quine was an aberdonian word.... Shows how ignorant I am! :lol:

It is a Doric word, Mr_Me19..............or at least a North East one, so not so ignorant...... I'm from that direction originally.

JAWS
30-Sep-07, 08:30
Mine's my initials, Just Another White Settler. :D

canuck
30-Sep-07, 08:36
[quote=canuck;276907]"canuck" is one of those terms of endearment which Canadians sometimes apply to themselves. If you live in the East it comes from a Quebecois word for Canada, but it you live in the West it is a form of the native word "Chinook" the warm, wild winds that sweep down from the mountains.
Which one are you Canuck? East or West? I am thinking from the warmth apparent in your posts that you must be the wind!

wifie, what a lovely message. Thank you.

I claim both. I was born in Caithness West, aka Winnipeg, Manitoba and grew up under the influence of the Chinook winds. University and then my career took me to the East where I was living when I emigrated to Scotland.

poppett
30-Sep-07, 17:35
Hubby calls me his poppett.........I also like the sweeties as my avatar shows.

northener
30-Sep-07, 17:47
From Yorkshire originally.

Started to use Northener after one of my so-called friends pointed out a large piece in the 'Independent' on one of the BBC's more agressive political interviewers.

"Hey" he said, " are they writing about you?"

The headline was - 'Northern, Arsey and Confrontational'

Then I spelt it romg and couldnt be arsed to change it.......

paris
30-Sep-07, 19:27
named after my daughters poodle........PARIS ! jan x:lol:

northener
30-Sep-07, 20:35
Paris,

That has to be the worlds biggest poodle on your avatar....

abalone
30-Sep-07, 20:50
mine is beacause I like the shell.

karia
30-Sep-07, 20:55

And why not?

It glistens, it shimmers!

It can be dulled by sediment or sparkle in the sun..t'is a thing of beauty that responds to it's environment.

I think it's a great name for an orger.;)

well done!

karia

scorrie
30-Sep-07, 21:10
Paris,

That has to be the worlds biggest poodle on your avatar....

Not quite as big as the poodle it left on the carpet though!! ;)

scorrie
30-Sep-07, 21:13

"Walk On, walk on, with hope in your heart...And You'll Never Walk Abalone...."

karia
30-Sep-07, 21:20
"Walk On, walk on, with hope in your heart...And You'll Never Walk Abalone...."

Well Done Scorrie!

Made me laugh...........!:D

karia...'with hope in her heart'!;)

kitty
30-Sep-07, 23:45
It's been good reading all the replies to this thread. I have enjoyed reading all of them. Thank you xx :D

karia
01-Oct-07, 00:17
It's been good reading all the replies to this thread. I have enjoyed reading all of them. Thank you xx :D

Thank you for hosting such an interesting thread!

kariax

kitty
01-Oct-07, 00:19
Thank you for hosting such an interesting thread!

kariax

Thanks Karia xx

robynaus
01-Oct-07, 01:35
Where about in australia do you live? My mum and sister live in Adelaide. I've never been myself but i hear it's lovely :D

Hi Kitty
I live in the redevoloped area of Salisbury North a suburb north of Adelaide. I built a house here about 3years ago. Great place to live. Save your pennies and come for a visit regards robyn

floyed
01-Oct-07, 08:39
I picked mine cause i love Pink Floyd, my user name is slightly different as i have used an e in Floyd. Don't no why just did:lol:

kitty
01-Oct-07, 20:23
Hi Kitty
I live in the redevoloped area of Salisbury North a suburb north of Adelaide. I built a house here about 3years ago. Great place to live. Save your pennies and come for a visit regards robyn

That's exactly what i would like to do in a couple of years :D

Dadie
01-Oct-07, 21:12
I just hijacked my hubbys username as i use the org more than him (he never used it anyway) i am to lazy to get my own account set up besides i would dither for weeks on my username if i chose my own..

DarkAngel
02-Oct-07, 13:00
I used DarkAngel.. As the tv series Dark Angel was on! BORIN!!! lol

Fantastic thread !!

oldmarine
03-Oct-07, 02:17
I chose mine because I was a Marine during WWII plus I consider myself old (82 years). Thus oldmarine. [lol]:roll:

pirateeye
03-Oct-07, 12:16
i chose my name because i have a cat called brock

when brock was a kitten, along with his siblings, and the other litter of kittens that existed and the previous ones we had before, we were gonna give them to new homes, as our three queens got caught out...and brock, who was breech birth and got stuck and had to be pulled out, was such a different kitten than the others, he meant a lot to me and i bonded with him straight away...but before i decided to keep him, i nick named him pirateeye, as he has a black mark almost over one eye, like a pirate...so pirateeye stuck, then i decided to keep him, we thought of the name brock, which is celtic for badger...but i have never forgotten pirateeye and i have been using it for usernames and all sorts for brock's 6 and a half years and it will probably stay...:D

Bananas
07-Oct-07, 15:31
Mine was choosen, not because of my state of mind as you may think but when I was put on the spot once to give a user name answer - the fruit bowl offered inspiration.

dunderheed
07-Oct-07, 15:51
contrary to popular belife im not mad either dunderheed was my better halfs user name as i was a lurker for a year or so. i too couldnt be bothered setting up another account although i do have another username i use on other forums , so would have no bother thinking of one.
now that people on here know me as dunderheed i feel it would be daft to change it

celtic lass
07-Oct-07, 22:30
mines is easy im celtic daft and im a lass simple aint it

trix
07-Oct-07, 22:57
me - because im full o them...;) [lol]

Welcomefamily
07-Oct-07, 23:07
I worked a number of years ago for the Welcome Family Holiday parks.

huh
07-Oct-07, 23:41
I don't know really. Guess I'm confused easily.

Hi btw.

emb123
07-Oct-07, 23:43
I don't know really. Guess I'm confused easily.

Hi btw.
Huh, hi!
rofl!

Hello and welcome! :D

Snarfer
08-Oct-07, 23:04
I Googled my real name and came up with the thundercats web site.

south view 7
09-Oct-07, 21:03
Mine is the name & number of my house,simple as that.........

singysmum
09-Oct-07, 21:30
Although my son was christened Peter, all his mates called him Singy (surname Singleton) so that's what I am - Singysmum. Sorry, not as interesting or original as some on here but at least I can remember it easily. :lol:

Helen

armanisgirl
09-Oct-07, 21:52
Should I admit to this? Here goes! Before my partner and I decided to live together, we used to chat online when we weren't together (due to a few hundred miles separating us). His nickname is armaniman, because he just loves his Armani clothes and stuff. I had made up a nickname to log on with, until one day he said I have a new nicname for you, armanisgirl Awww, so sickly sweet! So I changed my nickname, and when I signed into the org, it was the only one I could think of to use. And no, if/when we get married, I won't be changing it to mrs.armaniman!

Mamie_2
10-Oct-07, 17:02
My father's nickname for me when I was a little girl(after Mamie Van Doren - a platimum blonde bombshell)

Mamie

Rheghead
10-Oct-07, 18:26
Hi Kitty,

Mine's quite a convoluted story and if I told you I'd have to kill you!:lol:

Suffice it to say that it is a shortened version and I find it quite adaptable...

i.e Karia compass,..Karia n umbrella,...you get my drift!;)

Good thread by the way!

Karia

There was I thinking you were a career girl.