PDA

View Full Version : Cats and kittens needing homes!!!

Liz
26-Sep-07, 17:56
Sorry I know I am always going on about this, but Caithness Cats Protection has had it's worst year ever with regards stray and unwanted cats and kittens with the result that every single foster pen is being used and there is a waiting list for cats to come in!

We have also been finding it really difficult to get homes with the result that cats are spending longer confined to a foster pen than we, or indeed they, would like.:roll:

Please have a look at our website www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk and if you can give a cat or kitten their forever home then please pm me.

lady penelope
26-Sep-07, 20:37
Unfortunately I already have 3 cats and dont have room for anymore. I would have loved to help. Maybe I could tell lots of people:D

Liz
26-Sep-07, 22:10
Unfortunately I already have 3 cats and dont have room for anymore. I would have loved to help. Maybe I could tell lots of people:D

That would be great thanks!

Liz
28-Sep-07, 14:03
This is the worst year we have had for homing and, sadly, it has co-incided with the worst year for strays and unwanted cats and kittens meaning that cats are being kept in foster pens for far longer than they should and also we are unable to take other cats and kittens into care.

I was wondering why we are finding it so hard to find homes?
Could it be that cats are now living longer (which is a good thing) so do not need 'replacements' .
Sorry not the right word but I was out to after midnight last night after catching a stray cat and her two kittens so very tired!!!!:eek:
Hopefully, you know what I mean.

With re to all the strays it is just heartbreaking that cats are being 'dumped' in the countryside like rubbish!
It is obvious that the cat and her kittens which we caught last night have been dumped as she is not feral and her kittens are friendly.
To make matters worse the cats are not neutered which obviously means lots of stray and feral kittens.

A very sad situation indeed and it is the cats who are suffering!

So if you know of anyone who can give these poor cats another chance in life then please let me know.

Many thanks!

To those of you who have been kind enough to give a home to the cats and kittens in our care a big thanks!!:D
It is so rewarding to see them in a lovely home.

cuddlepop
28-Sep-07, 15:39
So sorry to here your having problem's with finding homes for your cats,does your local care homes for the elderly have a cat or would that not be possible.
Our local ones has a cat and the old folks love it to pieces.:)

Liz
28-Sep-07, 17:43
So sorry to here your having problem's with finding homes for your cats,does your local care homes for the elderly have a cat or would that not be possible.
Our local ones has a cat and the old folks love it to pieces.:)

Thanks Cuddlepop. I know that one has a budgie and one used to have a dog but it is certainly worth trying.
Thanks for the suggestion.:D