PDA

View Full Version : Packing a Suitcase?

highlander
26-Sep-07, 15:04
What is the best way, we are going to a wedding, so do i put his dress trousers on bottom, and what is the best way to pack a shirt?

changilass
26-Sep-07, 15:06
Just throw the lot in and take a travel iron with you. Most creases will come out if you hang them on the bathroom door when taking a shower :lol:

corgiman
26-Sep-07, 15:20
I roll everything up when packing it leaves fewer creases believe it or not :lol: travel iron is a great thing though:lol:

_Ju_
26-Sep-07, 16:26
What is the best way, we are going to a wedding, so do i put his dress trousers on bottom, and what is the best way to pack a shirt?

Shirt inside of the jacket, as if it were on, then lay out jacket flat, folding at the bottom if necessay and crossing the arms over front.

Dadie
26-Sep-07, 18:11
put trousers in first(only bottom of legs) then jacket and shirt in together then flip the other half of the trousers in ..this stops the big crease in the middle of the trousers..but i would still pack the travel iron or better still chuck him in a kilt ..they dont seem to mind how they travel!!

highlander
26-Sep-07, 20:05
Thank-you everyone now i wish i never lent out my travel iron, do think it would be cheeky to ask for it back ermmmmmmm hes only had it 10 years lol.

connieb19
26-Sep-07, 20:21
Thank-you everyone now i wish i never lent out my travel iron, do think it would be cheeky to ask for it back ermmmmmmm hes only had it 10 years lol.Maybe you could buy him a new one as an early Christmas present, I'm sure he would love it. :D

Moira
26-Sep-07, 20:29
If you're travelling by car, Highlander, put the freshly pressed wedding outfits in a "suitbag" and hang them up in the back of the car.

Failing that I'd go with Changi - throw the whole lot in a suitcase & get an iron at the other end - from the Hotel or the folk you're staying with. The time spent ironing clothes which are to be crushed by travelling is time wasted IMO.

There's usually a trouser press in most hotel rooms - just make sure hubby is not actually wearing the trousers when you put them in though....:D

Julia
26-Sep-07, 22:07
Hanging a creased garment up in a steamy bathroom while you have a shower or bath works a treat.

I've also heard that rolling items in tissue paper stops creasing but I would not like to try out that suggestion on a wedding outfit or suit :eek:

connieb19
26-Sep-07, 22:09
Creases are very IN this season... well they are in my wardrobe anyway. :eek:

dunderheed
27-Sep-07, 08:11
having been living out of a suitcase this week i would recomend rolling your trousers up. in point of fact most hotels today have irons you can borrow at reception

Murchiemannie
27-Sep-07, 16:19
having just been away for a few days I find tissue paper or a towel :D then rolling helps keep the creases out. On the way back just throw it in the case!!