PDA

View Full Version : Old Woman gets Worlds Fastest Internet Connection

TBH
26-Sep-07, 10:36
It says at the end that she hasn't even used a computer before.........granny on the net http://evilzone.net/Smileys/classic/grin.gif... an H.D movie in 2seconds.....wow.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007967233

Jeemag_USA
26-Sep-07, 17:26
This story was on Yahoo about 4 months ago, the woman's son or grandson is the one who set her up as an experiment to show what can be done, will be many years before a connection like that can be supplied to someone and many more years before most people could afford it, its a single point to point fiber connection. great for downloading movies and games and playing online :P

We are just about to start giving 1gig to the desktop for our users, and we have the ability to supply 10gig (10,000mb) but we are not going to offer it as a service for a few years yet.

Mr_Me19
30-Sep-07, 21:38
If I remember correctly, it was to prove that it could be done with todays technology. All it took was a slight modification to her computer and the hardware of the provider. Thats it. The thing is though, internet servers can't support this speed yet. It would only really be useful on the p2p networks...

karia
30-Sep-07, 22:35
If I remember correctly, it was to prove that it could be done with todays technology. All it took was a slight modification to her computer and the hardware of the provider. Thats it. The thing is though, internet servers can't support this speed yet. It would only really be useful on the p2p networks...

A really good debate or hypothesis will always await an answer or a dispute!

kariaxx

scorrie
01-Oct-07, 15:44
My brother used to work for a BT Broadband Helpdesk. He had a call one day from someone with an 8MB connection, complaining that it was only running at 7.6MB!!

I don't know what reply was given but I think mine would have been along the lines of inserting the modem into the personal USB socket!!

Mr_Me19
01-Oct-07, 16:33
The fastest we have ever had ours at (was quoted at 8 Mbps (remember that its in bits)) was around 600 kbps (Which works out at around 4800 kilo bits per second or 4.8 mbps. I thought that was astounding.... :lol:

I will dream of the day where I get a 40gbps connection, and then the day where I will find that slow.... Lol!