PDA

View Full Version : end of an era

bagpuss
25-Sep-07, 23:45
Was on the phone to friend in Wick who was telling me that the elderly man who runs Fairways is in hospital with broken bones.

Anyone know if the shop is still open? I had heard that his daughter has plans to turn it into something else- think her partner runs an oil company and that it might become an office. The other rumour was that it might be turned into a flat.......

connieb19
25-Sep-07, 23:47
The other rumour is that half the org have been abducted by aliens. :eek:

karia
26-Sep-07, 00:18
The other rumour is that half the org have been abducted by aliens. :eek:

I see they let you go connie..were you just too alien![lol]

karia

trix
26-Sep-07, 00:21
oh, bagpuss, ats terrible aboot e mannie if its true, he's a fine mannie. il find oot for ye ;)

mmh, i wonder if they wil hev a closing doon sale, i could do wi new curtains!! :lol:

Anne x
26-Sep-07, 00:21
I see they let you go connie..were you just too alien![lol]

karia

eh !!! where is Fairways please enlighten Alien to me?

god that was quick just had a pm Mr Adams was a nice man shop cramped his daughter works and commutes to Aberdeen I think could be wrong , wish him well

karia
26-Sep-07, 00:23
I'm sure trix will be along in a second to tell you!

TRRRIXX!;)

karia

trix
26-Sep-07, 00:46
eh !!! where is Fairways please enlighten Alien to me?

god that was quick just had a pm Mr Adams was a nice man shop cramped his daughter works and commutes to Aberdeen

aye, fairways is a little wee shop that sells curtains and blinds an all sorts o stuff for yer hoose. dish towels, faceclothes, anything lek at. i widna even ken fit half e stuff is, its a bit lek aladens cave!!

its been open for years.

i bought all ma curtains fie e mannie an he used til round if off til e nearest kwid, so it ended up a bity cheaper.

i wish him weel if he is in a bad way..

karia
26-Sep-07, 00:50
Anne,

What trix doesn't know..is not worth the knowing!;)

Karia

Tristan
26-Sep-07, 07:37
A very nice man, and a very nice shop. I do hope he is OK.

paris
26-Sep-07, 09:55
Thats sad news, he was so helpful to me when i lived up there and phoned me at home to tell me of bargains he had. Hope he get better soon. jan x

trix
26-Sep-07, 16:59
Thats sad news, he was so helpful to me when i lived up there and phoned me at home to tell me of bargains he had. Hope he get better soon. jan x

what??
he never phoned me at home til tell me aboot his bargains!
bit o favouritism goin on there me thinks...:p