PDA

View Full Version : Soaps - River city

bluelady
25-Sep-07, 21:51
talking about e trails of soapland, what about old Archie in River city enite. Belted over e head wiv a vase by his mother and having no pulse or respiration, trussed up in a white silk duvet, bundled in e back of his car, then thrown off a cliff, bounced off e rocks and into the old briny. Then cue e end, that tough old boot reaches up a bony hand and begins to scramble up e beach. only in soapland...................................:lol:

cuddlepop
26-Sep-07, 09:21
Oh but I love it Bluelady.
need my twice weekly fix or I get with drawall symptoms.

Remember its a Glaswegie soap a bash over the head like that is nothing:lol:

bluelady
26-Sep-07, 16:46
Aye you would have thought Gina would have known that, now when he comes back, his mither will think shes seen a ghost and peg out. [lol] I missed Friday's and e omnibus

cuddlepop
26-Sep-07, 17:08
What I'd love to know is where they deposited the body,the scenery was amazing.:D

webmannie
26-Sep-07, 17:17
nah think positive ladies!

The incoming tide catches up with Erchie and he droons, which means at ey all get off wey hid. The police read the suicide note and 2+2 = 4.

They all live happily ever after, only in soapland, eh?

trix
26-Sep-07, 17:23
Remember its a Glaswegie soap a bash over the head like that is nothing

yer deid rite cuddlepop, bit o weedgie humour thrown in there.
iv a weedgie pal an he wis always speakin aboot his mates, beeg dale an beeg alan.
i wis expectin twa beeg strappin lads, tall wi muscles (and goodlookin... obviously)
gaud, one o them is litler than me, an im only 5 feet 2 [lol]

(i know ats no how ye spell litler...litlier...littlier? but i ca spell it ifanow an its no in e dictionary) :confused:

bluelady
26-Sep-07, 20:29
What I'd love to know is where they deposited the body,the scenery was amazing.:D

well im sure it's Caithness, it looks exactly like it and being soapland, it wouldnt take them long to drive up here [lol] either that or e tide carried Erchie up here webmannie and he's laying low in Wick. Must check out e Camps or e Weatherspoons or ---------- where else would he hide up here? we need a more exciting storyline, he cannae just die. Im sure I saw Niamh in Woolies today

dunderheed
27-Sep-07, 08:08

the cliff shots were filmed around the north berwick area. i found this out as i regularly pop into the river city website. the guy who plays archie gally gilchrist also gave an interview last week saying that it was a dummy they chucked off the cliff but all the scenes in the water were hijm and he was frozen , infact in his words he was that cold he had 3 adams apples ;)

cuddlepop
27-Sep-07, 09:34
the cliff shots were filmed around the north berwick area. i found this out as i regularly pop into the river city website. the guy who plays archie gally gilchrist also gave an interview last week saying that it was a dummy they chucked off the cliff but all the scenes in the water were hijm and he was frozen , infact in his words he was that cold he had 3 adams apples ;)
Thanks for that,never thought of their web site....yet another blond moment.

Never been to North Berwick but will be heading their soon,the scenery is beautiful.

I thought it had a Caithness look about it before and I was nearly right
Ber Wick.:lol:

mccaugm
28-Sep-07, 16:15
I want to know why this Drivel is still being given air-time. My sister-in-law says it has gotten better after 5 years. I watched it on Tuesday night for the first time since the first episode and my opinion has not changed its still AWFUL! (I watched it at my sister-in-laws house)
Why can't a Scottish Soap be set north of Glasgow, how about Inverness, Thurso, the West Coast....just for a change?

Murdina Bug
28-Sep-07, 17:08
Well, there has been in the past - Take The High Road (ok, not much further north than Glasgow) and wasn't there something called Machair at one time? Granted that was in Gaelic but at least it had subtitles. Then of course there was Hamish McBeath in Plockton!

Ok, I'm starting to see your point! Why can't we have a good quality soap set north of the M74? Probably because the powers that be figure that nobody south of the M74 would be interested in watching it! They could be right - we will watch Corrie, Eastenders etc as we are used to seeing and hearing all types of actors but I still think that Scottish actors are considered a bit 'quaint' way down South!

mccaugm
28-Sep-07, 18:43
Maybe we could have an Org Soap...everyone writes one line and makes up the next part of the Soap/story. Could call it "O'er E Ord".

karia
28-Sep-07, 18:53
Maybe we could have an Org Soap...everyone writes one line and makes up the next part of the Soap/story. Could call it "O'er E Ord".

Oh Yes!

I am well up for that!:D:D

karia

bluelady
28-Sep-07, 20:06
Far away up in the north of Scotland, just over the ord, lies a little haven called the Org which is situated in the county of Caithness. These lands of Caithness spread for miles, encompassing wild rugged beauty and breath taking scenery. I am one of the residents of the Org, my name? Bluelady,a married woman of 30 years with two teenage children. A matronly woman, I have been a nurse for many years. And then there is ...........

webmannie
29-Sep-07, 08:44
my wider family, the rest of the clan .org. A very argumentative lot they are, sometimes i despair, but they all mean well. I wish though ........

nanoo
29-Sep-07, 16:41
others would stop coming into org land just to cause trouble. They want what they can never have, a contented lifestyle and the family of org all around them making them feel safe here. Sometime ago however.......