PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cat

Jinty
10-Aug-05, 20:07
:( our cat has been missing since early yesterday morning. He is small (~3 year) tabby and white. He is very, very timid. He is wearing a red collar and has a tag with his name and address, etc. We live in Malcolm Street and he does not usually wander very far. Could you all please check your sheds and outbuildings incase he has wandered in and cant get back out. I would be grateful if anyone could let me know if they think they may have seen him.

Don Quixote
11-Aug-05, 11:18
If you phone Caithness FM (01847 890000) they will put an announcement out about your cat.

They are open from 1900 hours in the evening.

Hope it returns safely.

Jinty
12-Aug-05, 23:15
:( unfortunately our cat is still missing. Please could anyone in the Malcolm Street, Argyle Square, Sinclair Terrace, Breadalbane Terrace, Beaufoy Street, Dempster Street and any other areas nearby please check their gardens, sheds and outbuildings in case he has sneaked in and cant get back out. If anyone thinks they may have seen our cat in the last couple of days could they please let us know.

Liz
12-Aug-05, 23:54
So sorry to hear that your cat is still missing. :(

I know how worrying this is having being through it myself on more than one occasion.

I don't know if you've done this already but it would be worth putting posters up in your area and even offer a small reward.
The problem is with your cat being so timid that, even if it is shut in a shed or garage, it could be so scared that it won't come out if a strange person looks inside. This happened with one of my cats and it wasn't until hunger took the better of it that he came out!
It would be worth it if you could go into neighbour's outbuildings, with their permission of course!, in the quiet of the night and call for your cat as it may respond to your voice better.

A couple of people reported cats missing to Cats Protection recently and they both turned up safe and well after being missing more than week so let's hope yours does the same.

Liz

Jinty
13-Aug-05, 17:21
:D Good news - We found our cat today trapped in an old building. Thanks to everyone who had a look for him.

Zambo
13-Aug-05, 17:41
That's great news, Jinty.

I'm so pleased for you. :D

Liz
13-Aug-05, 19:06
Brilliant news!!!!! :D :D

Liz

kas
13-Aug-05, 20:21
Nice to see a story with a happy ending. You must be so delighted.

Margaret M.
14-Aug-05, 00:40
YAY!! So glad kitty is back home.

Jinty
26-Aug-05, 12:47
:( would you believe the wee devil has done another disappearing act. Maybe he is trying to tell us something. Would anyone who think they may have seen him in the last couple of days please let me know. Thanks.

Jinty
26-Aug-05, 20:16
:D Good News. Found him again.

Gizmo
26-Aug-05, 20:22
Have you ever thought about String?....a very long piece of it [lol]

Glad you found the wee booger....again :D