PDA

View Full Version : Saturday gig

buddyrich
25-Sep-07, 20:12
Anyone going to the bands reunited thing on saturday?

futurelegends
25-Sep-07, 21:47
I'll be there, Last Years gig was the best thing I've seen in Years.

I'm sure this one will live up to expectations and the venue is supposed to be the tops.

K dragon
26-Sep-07, 03:06
venue being?

moncur
26-Sep-07, 13:57
venue being?

Y-Not.

According to the local rag it starts at 9pm and is £5 to get in. Hopefully I'll be there.

buddyrich
26-Sep-07, 19:26
And it's all for chariddee. The After Hours guitar amplifier benevolent fund i believe. Or possibly something more deserving.

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Sep-07, 01:56
I see the whole thing is about reuniting bands/artists from the 60s onward, no? If so, why hasn't John Sutherland (aka Fats) not been invited to play at it? He was a perennial figure on the local scene from the early 60s to the present day, entertaining and influencing double as many along the way. I'd be a bit peeved to pay whatever it costs to go along and not find him there. What's the story?

guitarzan
27-Sep-07, 06:09
yup i agree...

davem
27-Sep-07, 08:28
And it's all for chariddee. The After Hours guitar amplifier benevolent fund i believe. Or possibly something more deserving.

?! Yes the whole world is richer thanks to you, where would we be without such wisdom and wit.

davem
27-Sep-07, 14:15
It's for M.S.

buddyrich
02-Oct-07, 18:14
Ha. Do i detect a note of sarcasm from Dave?

Were johnny and isaac even approached to do a turn? Maybe there was something on at the lighthouse that night.

davem
02-Oct-07, 19:35
just a tad

buddyrich
02-Oct-07, 20:13
Sarcasm is my thing usually. And playing the sax at 5am in orkney........

Jeid
02-Oct-07, 20:15
Does it really matter? They weren't asked, that's that. I'm sure there were plenty other bands around in the 60's that weren't asked to play at the event.

davem
02-Oct-07, 20:34
Ah ha - - - -

rob murray
03-Oct-07, 16:49
Aye Johnny was good, though I never saw him play in 60's ( to young ) never really saw him in 70's either as he only had 2 bands that I remember ( Snark / Prairie Wolf..Grateful Deadish I am led to believe ) playing very briefly In Caithness around 1972. Point of fact first time I really saw the man in action was when I played with him ( c1982 ) !! Personally I would love to see the original Great Blue White, Tich, Maurice and Billy, active around early 70's to 1974. Best band of my mis spent youth, I remember them doing a brilliant version of Good Times by The EasyBeats. ( Billy still active ) Yes, a great rock band, and at that time perhaps the only young rock band in Caithness ( Caithness music scene then heavily dominated by club / countrish bands ) and a big influence on most of the guys of my generation. Also very active in that time period and influential as well were guys like Davy Alexander / Alasdair Wordie, both I believe started around 1967, and like Johnny Fatts, progessing over each decade into the 2000's. Another great band was Bodie featuring The Henderson Brothers, Tich and Mackie Sutherland active 75 / 76. So depending on where you are comming from and what you remember, loads of very good guys around as well as the JF

lagertops
03-Oct-07, 18:33
Fats plays every 2nd week in the Newmarket or Y-Not,give the other bands a shot o the limelight.