PDA

View Full Version : The Property For Sale Section

Gizmo
24-Sep-07, 21:56
While i greatly appreciate that this service is provided free of charge and that Bill and the other orgers put in a lot of time and hard work into it, it really is frustrating that you cannot edit or delete a submission, i put my house on it and it sold months ago, but it's still up on the site and i still get quite a few phone calls and emails enquiring about it, it's a pain...it wastes my time and the other persons time, i emailed the administrators twice and asked for it to be removed but it's still there :(

spiggie
24-Sep-07, 22:13
cant you just choose to edit it then delete the whole lot the put reason for editing house sold, or just leave a comment saying that the house is sold...?

Gizmo
24-Sep-07, 22:20
No, it's not like posting a thread on this forum, you have to submit the details which are then approved and uploaded by the administrators, they have control over the post...not the poster

Venture
24-Sep-07, 22:48
Have PM'd you.

golach
24-Sep-07, 23:09
While i greatly appreciate that this service is provided free of charge and that Bill and the other orgers put in a lot of time and hard work into it, it really is frustrating that you cannot edit or delete a submission, i put my house on it and it sold months ago, but it's still up on the site and i still get quite a few phone calls and emails enquiring about it, it's a pain...it wastes my time and the other persons time, i emailed the administrators twice and asked for it to be removed but it's still there :(
Have you pm'd the Admin, they usually amend and delete

Gizmo
24-Sep-07, 23:29
yeah i used the Enquiries link on the forum to contact them twice, i informed them that the house was sold and requested that it be removed, but it's still there.

Anne x
24-Sep-07, 23:30
Once I sold my house I let them know and they withdrew it

Bill Fernie
24-Sep-07, 23:35
Sorry but Niall has been swamped. Send all deletions for property to myself bill@caithness.org Unfortunately the form enquiries and submissions do not come to me although I can approve the new ones.

We will get the forms amended as soon as we can.

Gizmo
24-Sep-07, 23:58
Thanks Bill, i have emailed you the details :)