PDA

View Full Version : ain't these nigerian scammers thick?

bekisman
24-Sep-07, 21:19
Been on ebay trying to sell my camcorder and in two auctions the final winning bid turned out to be hijacked accounts - in both cases the 'winner' wanting me to send the camcorder to an address in Nigeria, even sent me a Paypal notification (quite professional too) saying Paypal would hang onto the money until I notified the 'winner' that I had posted off the camcorder (yeah right). Anyway Ebay is fully aware that the auction was false and are clearing it up BUT this 'winner' has just this minute sent me an email (below) saying he'll get the FBI onto me - he's 'supposed' be in England!.. oh well some folks must get caught as they wouldn't do it.. (and yeah I'm sure PayPal uses that account!)

Hey,
Why the silence. I have already made your payment for my item via paypal and i am sure they must have contact you about the payment which has been deducted from my account and you have not responded neither has paypal inform me that the transaction is still on so i want you to know that paypal are working in conjunction with the FBI so if you think of jerking me of my money you will have them to contend with so pls reply to my mail as soon as possible because once the money is approved by paypal it will not be refuned into my account so i dont want to lose my money pls i rather add more to it for you than to loose the whole money so i am expecting your reply.

Here is paypal e-mail (paypal.cashconfirmation@accountantemail.com) and here is my son's shipping address below.

Name Eniayewu Joshua Damilola
Address P.O.BOX 856
City Ondo Town
State Ondo State
Country Nigeria
Zip Code 23434

Thanks

Andrew C
24-Sep-07, 21:48
I had the same nonsense when I was selling my VW Camper...too many numpties out there that think we don't have brains. Trick this time was that someone emailed in my name saying that the winner didn't want the camper and did I want it at the last bid they made. They even contact the eventual winner!

Numpties

Andrew

Julia
24-Sep-07, 22:17
I once received a reminder from 'eBay' asking when I was dispatching the item my buyer had paid for! I think I would of remembered selling a huge motorbike [lol]

spiggie
24-Sep-07, 22:19
I was looking to buy a car from the autotrader at a really good deal, when i contacted the seller his story was - he and the car were both in Holland, i would send the money via ebay as i would be protected against fraud (yea right) then he would be notified and would ship the car over, i would have seven days to inspect it, then if i did not like it he would ship it all the way back to Holland and refund all my money. I replied - i have friends in holland right now who will be willing to meet you and exchange money for car, his reply was - I already have the car at the shipping dock and customs alrady have the papers and it would cost him alot of money to remove it.

Cheezo how thick do some people think we are! there will always be scammers out there so you always have to keep ur eyes open unfortunately!

George Brims
24-Sep-07, 22:19
The latest scam they are trying (and of course in some cases it works) is sending you a fake cashier's cheque/check for much more than the cost of the item, and expecting you to refund them the difference. By the time you find out their payment was a forgery, yours has cleared. The consumer reporter on one of the Los Angeles evening news programmes was warning about it last night. Although you might think they are dumb, there are obviously people out there who are dumber!

johno
24-Sep-07, 23:58
yep dumber & dumber, sad fact is there is always some poor sod who is to trusting for his/her own good. these scammers get a lot of knock backs but i just wonder how many trusting folk that they catch. [disgust]

robynaus
25-Sep-07, 01:36
Been on ebay trying to sell my camcorder and in two auctions the final winning bid turned out to be hijacked accounts - in both cases the 'winner' wanting me to send the camcorder to an address in Nigeria, even sent me a Paypal notification (quite professional too) saying Paypal would hang onto the money until I notified the 'winner' that I had posted off the camcorder (yeah right). Anyway Ebay is fully aware that the auction was false and are clearing it up BUT this 'winner' has just this minute sent me an email (below) saying he'll get the FBI onto me - he's 'supposed' be in England!.. oh well some folks must get caught as they wouldn't do it.. (and yeah I'm sure PayPal uses that account!)

Hey,
Why the silence. I have already made your payment for my item via paypal and i am sure they must have contact you about the payment which has been deducted from my account and you have not responded neither has paypal inform me that the transaction is still on so i want you to know that paypal are working in conjunction with the FBI so if you think of jerking me of my money you will have them to contend with so pls reply to my mail as soon as possible because once the money is approved by paypal it will not be refuned into my account so i dont want to lose my money pls i rather add more to it for you than to loose the whole money so i am expecting your reply.

Here is paypal e-mail (paypal.cashconfirmation@accountantemail.com) and here is my son's shipping address below.

Name Eniayewu Joshua Damilola
Address P.O.BOX 856
City Ondo Town
State Ondo State
Country Nigeria
Zip Code 23434

Thanks

Hey happens everywhere. I am amazed at the number of seemingly well educated, intelligent people who get scammed both with these and investment offers. If it seems too good to be true then it probably is
regards robyn

may67
25-Sep-07, 12:35
I was sat on my pc last week, checking my emails, and noticed several from paypal reagrding invoices. As i hadnt purchased anything i went onto my payapl acoount to check it out.......scary.......as i was sat there money was disappearing from my account to pay for good bought in america..........anyway glad to say i contacted paypal asap, and they immediately sorted the problem, and refunded the monies...
Apparently a scam they are well aware of, hackers who pay for online gaming on others accounts..........BEWARE!!!

johno
26-Sep-07, 15:31
Received an e mail today from mastercard. [supposedly] it asked me to click on on to a link so that they could reactivate my cards as they had been de.activated as several attempts had been made abroad to purchase items on my card.
It was all very well set out & really looked the part. the thing that really set my alarm bells ringing was the fact that it didnt mention my bank and that i had to contact the bank of farmers through this link. I called mastercard just to inform them and they did a security check and confirmed that all was well
and that this was an attempt to extract data. So be warned another scam on the go. So if you recieve this one just delete and dont click on anything as i have done.

bluelady
26-Sep-07, 16:38
They try everything, thanks for e warning