PDA

View Full Version : Its so unfair.

cuddlepop
24-Sep-07, 15:32
Why is it that company's treat us as if we live in another part of the country that isn't Britain.:confused

We ordered a part for the landrover online and paid the company £22 50 .After a week I phoned to ask why it hadn't been delivered and was told
"oh we dont deliver to Inverness shire.....DNT dont go up that far"
By this time I've handed the phone over to oh who is just furious.

After much deliberation they agreed to refund us our money..I'm still waiting
We had to go to our local supplier who charged us £37 for the part.
The local guy assures us he's not making £15 on the part,we do believe him..so who is.?

If HC want to promote this place as a wonderful place to live ...Do something to stop us being ripped off[disgust]

bluelady
24-Sep-07, 15:45
Thats strange, a DNT van belted past me on e A9 on Thurs or Friday last week and was stuck at e A99 roadworks at Latheronwheel when I got there. If they dont deliver, what was he doing there?:confused Thats further than Inverness -shire

veekay
24-Sep-07, 16:09
If you do get a firm that delivers up this far they charge you throught the nose for the privilage. I have just a catalogue through the post and the postage rate has been crossed through ( it read £3.50) and in pen a revised postage rate of £9.00 has been written in.

NickInTheNorth
24-Sep-07, 16:21
Why is it that company's treat us as if we live in another part of the country that isn't Britain.:confused

We ordered a part for the landrover online and paid the company £22 50 .After a week I phoned to ask why it hadn't been delivered and was told
"oh we dont deliver to Inverness shire.....DNT dont go up that far"
By this time I've handed the phone over to oh who is just furious.

After much deliberation they agreed to refund us our money..I'm still waiting
We had to go to our local supplier who charged us £37 for the part.
The local guy assures us he's not making £15 on the part,we do believe him..so who is.?

If HC want to promote this place as a wonderful place to live ...Do something to stop us being ripped off

Totally agree!

For what it is worth I tend to check what postal/courier service will be used before I order. If the items are less than 20kg I also ask if they will send them by Royal Mail Standard parcels - NOT "parcelfarce". The cost for Royal Mail is roughly half the parcel force charge! (The parcelforce cost is roughly twice what it costs to send the same item between addresses outwith the highlands!)

Many of the courier companies use AJG to deliver north of Glasgow/Edinburgh.

cuddlepop
24-Sep-07, 16:35
Thats strange, a DNT van belted past me on e A9 on Thurs or Friday last week and was stuck at e A99 roadworks at Latheronwheel when I got there. If they dont deliver, what was he doing there?:confused Thats further than Inverness -shire
If we could have waited for the part we would have argued the toss with them but we couldn't and they knew it.
I think the problem was that we live on Skye.

They eventually quoted us £47 50 for a 2nd day delivery.
We ordered our part here on Skye Friday afternoon and got it this afternoon

DeHaviLand
24-Sep-07, 21:42
Cuddlepop, for future information, all the major parcel couriers deliver to the Highlands and Islands, including to Skye. Some, however, will make use of a third party to make the final leg of the journey, in your case Skye Express who cover the whole island. TNT,(not DNT) cover the whole country, as do UPS, DHL and SPDS. So the next time someone tells you that a courier doesnt deliver to your area, its safe to tell them that they're talking through a hole designed for a different purpose.

cuddlepop
24-Sep-07, 22:00
Cuddlepop, for future information, all the major parcel couriers deliver to the Highlands and Islands, including to Skye. Some, however, will make use of a third party to make the final leg of the journey, in your case Skye Express who cover the whole island. TNT,(not DNT) cover the whole country, as do UPS, DHL and SPDS. So the next time someone tells you that a courier doesnt deliver to your area, its safe to tell them that they're talking through a hole designed for a different purpose.
Most company's use Skye Express or AJG to deliver
There was no point argueing with this company as they wouldn't listen.
Needless to say we took our business elsewhere.
Thanks for that.:)

Tristan
25-Sep-07, 09:46
This has been posted before but worth mentioning again. http://www.senditnow.com/
They use parcel force so parcel force rules apply but it is only £10.99 for 2 day delivery for any item.

percy toboggan
25-Sep-07, 17:49
I agree...this is scandalous.
Perhaps they need a driver / franchisee to deliver to the Highlands and Islands....when can I start?

grumpyhippo
25-Sep-07, 19:03
If what ever you want is available from USA order it from there the pastage/delivery will be the same no matter where you live in the UK, and often the delivery times are quicker. Even if the delivery is more than you would have paid within the UK the goods are often cheap enough to mean that you still make an overall saving. (even with the ocassional customs compulsory donation to the taxman!!).
The 'evengrumpier one' regularly gets items from Kentucky at at least an equal quality and at a saving to UK prices.
If you really want to rub it in to these reluctant southern suppliers when they try to put a surcharge on you for delivery North of Inverness tell then no deal I go else where ie the states, but do you home work before mouthing off.

cuddlepop
26-Sep-07, 09:17
I agree...this is scandalous.
Perhaps they need a driver / franchisee to deliver to the Highlands and Islands....when can I start?
Percy what a brilliant idea.

We could have the Caithness.org delivery service provided by our very own Percy.

psst nip over to Skye on the qt.....we'll keep it to ourselves:lol: