PDA

View Full Version : take a moment...

brandy
23-Sep-07, 18:29
just wanted to ask everyone to tak a moment.. moms grab your babies up.. and give them a huge cuddle..
husbands, grab your wife and tell her you love her.
children.. call you parents and tell them how much you appreciate them.
it may be your last chance you never know...
God, but my family is finding this out first hand.. weve lost another child in my family today. my cousins two year old died this morning..
he was fine yesterday, started vomiting and running a fever of 102F went to hospital.. his sugar shot to about 13-14.. then this morning his little body gave up the fight.
i just wanted to share this.. just to get everyone to take a moment, and tell their loved ones that they love them.
that all the little everyday squabbles dosnt matter, that if tomorrow never came that you love them more than anything today.
thanks for taking the time to read this..
take that extra min. to share your love...
brandy

karia
23-Sep-07, 18:33
So sorry to hear such sad news brandy,

We could all do with being more attentive to our loved ones in this fast paced world....thanks for reminding us.

Take Care

karia

Thumper
23-Sep-07, 18:40
Sorry to hear that your family have been dealt another blow Brandy...you are all in our thoughts I am sure.Take care of you & yours,Thumper x

Ash
23-Sep-07, 18:48
tears are streaming down my face

im so so sorry for your loss xxxxx:~(

bobsgirl
23-Sep-07, 18:56
Sorry to hear of another loss in your family.

I hope you can all find the strength to get through this.

Our thoughts are with you all.

Take Care Xx

sassylass
23-Sep-07, 19:01
heartfelt condolences to your family

helenwyler
23-Sep-07, 19:16
Oh Brandy...there is no death more terrible than a young death.

Wishing you and yours the strength you will all need in the times to come.

Helenx

anneoctober
23-Sep-07, 20:44
Brandy, let your family know that they are all in our thoughts. Our love goes out to you & your cousin's family.
Anne x

cuddlepop
23-Sep-07, 20:47
Thinking of you and yours.

A death in one so young is so much harder to understand but you know that and with this you will be invaluable to your family.

Be strong Brandy

brandy
23-Sep-07, 20:57
Thank you guys.. i heard her on the phone when i was talking to my granpa at the hospital.. they were making her leave him, so they could take him away.. and you could hear her screaming and begging them for him.
it broke my heart and made me angry that they wouldnt let her have him for as long as she was wanting to hold him.
i know how i felt, but i cant imagine how shes feeling.. i look at ben and sam and try to put myself in her shoes.. Lord, they would just need to make that grave big enough for two.
im so sorry to be venting on here.. but i dont know what else to do. i feel so helpless, stuck here no way to get back home.. life sucks at times it really does.

NLP
23-Sep-07, 21:21
How sad... it's always worse when it's a child I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through, it's true that life is to short for silly squabbles

karia
23-Sep-07, 21:22
Thank you guys.. i heard her on the phone when i was talking to my granpa at the hospital.. they were making her leave him, so they could take him away.. and you could hear her screaming and begging them for him.
it broke my heart and made me angry that they wouldnt let her have him for as long as she was wanting to hold him.
i know how i felt, but i cant imagine how shes feeling.. i look at ben and sam and try to put myself in her shoes.. Lord, they would just need to make that grave big enough for two.
im so sorry to be venting on here.. but i dont know what else to do. i feel so helpless, stuck here no way to get back home.. life sucks at times it really does.

Wherever you are brandy, I am sure you are a considerable strength and comfort to your family, in North Carolina and here.

Love Kariax

Julia
23-Sep-07, 22:38
Brandy I think you go into far too much detail, it's horrific to hear of a child dying, I'm truly sorry for your family's loss but some things are really meant to be kept private, reading your post has made me feel sick and depressed.

Maybe your cousin wouldn't want her devastating news plastered on the org, I'm sure I wouldn't!

karia
23-Sep-07, 22:47
Brandy I think you go into far too much detail, it's horrific to hear of a child dying, I'm truly sorry for your family's loss but some things are really meant to be kept private, reading your post has made me feel sick and depressed.

Maybe your cousin wouldn't want her devastating news plastered on the org, I'm sure I wouldn't!

Hi Julia,

I know what you are saying here,

However ..brandy should feel free to express her emotions in as much detail as she needs to..knowing that she is talking to people who understand both this loss and her back story...she is amongst friends after all!

Karia

Andrew C
23-Sep-07, 23:40
Let us know if there is anything we can do.

blessings

Andrew C

Rheghead
23-Sep-07, 23:51
Please accept my deepest condolences on behalf of your cousin.:(

Lolabelle
24-Sep-07, 03:31
Dear Brandy & Family,
I feel so bad for you, it must be just awful.
Please accept our condolences and you and your's are in our prayers constantly.
Lolabelle & KEN 401

JAWS
24-Sep-07, 06:46
By gum Brandy, you and your family are having a belting year. Lets hope that's the last of it for a long time.
It's perfectly true that you never know the day! Here's to a better future.

paris
24-Sep-07, 08:45

I'm not knocking you Julia, but some of us find comfort in talking the our " family " on the org. At times like this its so good to know you can tell us how your feeling and i for one know this first hand and have had much support in situations i cant deal with on my own. Please don't take offence at this but we ALL need our org family at times. Jan x
Brandy, were all thinking of you and yours. jan xx

brandy
24-Sep-07, 08:51
thanks guys,
its odd really... being so removed from it all... so distant from the rest of the family. it makes it not seem quite real. i would never tell kandi i know how she feels, as i dont.. i know how i felt and can relate but thats about it. yesterday when i was talking to various family members, they were all saying.. when kandi is ready she will want to talk to you, as you know what shes going thru.. ect..ect..
i told them that i know what it felt to loose a child.. but i could never know what shes going thru. that i would be their in a heart beat if i could. and at anytime she wants to vent, that i would be more than happy to listen.
when i loss tom, i found it easier to talk to you folks, than my family. it honestly hurt to badly to talk to the ones you love most, because you had to deal with their suffering and pain at the same time as yours.
the org is very theraputic!
it will either help you thru a time.. or make you so firey mad that you forget your grief! *grins*
but seriously... you have all been a rock to me over the past year... and heres seriously hopeing that this is the last of the grief for a long long time.

candyfloss
24-Sep-07, 09:37
That's so sad Brandy, it must be so much worse when it's someone so young :~(

bluelady
24-Sep-07, 15:36
thats very sad Brandy, I tell my kids every night I love them, I say goodnight, god bless, love you, I have done since they were babes and they are now 21 and 23. Ive had lots of occassions where love ones have died suddenly. Maybe if more people were told they were loved more often, especially teenagers, they would'nt go off e rails.?

dragonfly
24-Sep-07, 18:25
Brandy, so sorry to hear of your loss and thanks for posting this and making me for one think.

I have "been at war" with my teenage daughter for a few days now and to think if something were to happen to her while we are fuming with each other I could never forgive myself. Your post has made me stop and think and come to the conclusion that the state of her bedroom isn't really that big a deal - I think I will be giving her a huge (((((((((hug))))))))) tonight instead of another blast because her room isn't quite as tidy as I would like it.

Victoria
24-Sep-07, 18:39
Brandy - i'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Please take heart in the fact that out of something so sad you have promted people to do something positive - I myself spent the day with my mother and grandmother.

Thank you for poking me in the right direction - I wouldn't have done this today if it wasn't for your post x

anneoctober
24-Sep-07, 18:46
Brandy, all of us here on the Org are honoured that you would trust us with your emotions & feelings at a time like this. Most especially as you can't be with your family back home. Communication, trust and love is what life is all about after all. Love to you all. Anne xx

DarkAngel
24-Sep-07, 21:24
Oh so sorry Brandy..U and your family have been thru alot recently!!My heart goes out to your family at this sad time!

balto
25-Sep-07, 13:45
hi brandy so sorry to hear about your loss , i have 3 kids my youngest 1 is 19months and i tell them at every chance i get that i love them , i think like most mums out there i would die if anything was to happen to my babys so please know i am thinking about you. R.I.P little angel.:~(:~(

lynne duncan
25-Sep-07, 23:58
brandy - again our thoughts are with you and a thought for the little one. our bairns are more precious than anyhting in the world and for them to be shown this by us in our hugs and kisses and our thoughts and smiles, is always returned in one kiss or hug or smile from them
please accept an org hug from all our family to let you know we share your pain