PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v New Zealand

changilass
23-Sep-07, 16:18
Which dimwit allowed the teams to wear such similar tops[disgust]

canuck
23-Sep-07, 16:28
Isn't that absolutely maddening when that happens? I assume the sport is soccer (notice I didn't use that bannable word). It happens in other sports as well. Okay, baseball is slow enough that it doesn't really get in the way, but ice hockey teams in the same jerseys is a nightmare.

scorrie
23-Sep-07, 17:39
It is rugby unfortunately Canuck. The tops ARE similar but it is easy to follow. All the mannies that are running backwards all the time are, sadly, the Scottish players ;)

karia
23-Sep-07, 17:43
It is rugby unfortunately Canuck. The tops ARE similar but it is easy to follow. All the mannies that are running backwards all the time are, sadly, the Scottish players ;)

Ah Scorrie,

I shouldn't laugh..but you are so spot on!:lol:

It is a tragedy.

Karia

connieb19
23-Sep-07, 17:55
All their legs are similar too...well most of them. I never even noticed their tops. :eek:

changilass
23-Sep-07, 18:15
The way the game went Connie, I would have been better off watching their legs too :lol:, hopefully they will do a lot better against Italy

Thumper
23-Sep-07, 19:12
Is there anything else to watch in a rugby game but their legs???haven't noticed anything but some lovely(drool,drool) thighs running around :) didn't realise they were doing something while they were running around [lol] x

Jeemag_USA
23-Sep-07, 19:18
I wonder if there was a touch of madness in Edinburgh today, I was watching the Hibs V Celtic game and both had green in their tops, it was a little confusing at times but not to obad because Hibs had some white and Celtic had some black in theirs, thought it was unusualy though.

Was a bit disappointed that Hadden decided to rest most of the team and let New Zealand take an easy victory, he said it was his intention before the game, not very fair for home fans who spent some money to see their team against one of the worlds best, I woudl be asking for my money back if I was there, very bad form. Despite not needing to win the game, he has to remember the nature of the teams support, they are followed proudly and the fans want to see them put on a show, we still woudl have got beat anyway, but surely not that bad! :(

DeHaviLand
23-Sep-07, 21:22
Hadden got his tactics spot on. If as you say, Jeemag, we would have lost to the All Blacks anyway, what was the point of putting out your first pick team and risking injury? The Italy game is the "must win" game, not todays. The important thing is that we qualify out of our group, which we will do if we beat Italy. It isnt always about winning you know, sometimes you just have to think smarter.

Jeemag_USA
23-Sep-07, 21:50
Hadden got his tactics spot on. If as you say, Jeemag, we would have lost to the All Blacks anyway, what was the point of putting out your first pick team and risking injury? The Italy game is the "must win" game, not todays. The important thing is that we qualify out of our group, which we will do if we beat Italy. It isnt always about winning you know, sometimes you just have to think smarter.

Its nothing to do with being smart, its about loyal fans getting to see their team play the best in the world. If it isn't always about winning then why are we saving our players so we can beat Italy?? A home game against the All Blacks in a competitive arena does not come along every day, and if Hadden thinks by saving his players he gets more chance of getting to the final and winning then he is a fruitcake. Who wants to buy a ticket to see their national pride play their second string and watch them get gubbed 40-0. I'd rather go back to the days of the five nations which was infinitely more interesting and see us sweat blood and tears in every game than watch some tin pot tactics ust so we can get beat after the first round. Its a disgrace! In my mind, playing the All Blacks in Edinburgh is a final in its own and should be entertainment for the fans. Has Rugby turned into the English Premier League all of a sudden, resting players in a cup game so we can win the league game, pfffffffffft, thats entertainment! No thanks! I guess they had the affrontary to play Flower of Scotland before that rubbish as well didn't they?

Anne x
23-Sep-07, 22:33
Tops very confusing !!! Better to keep the boys rested for Italy game Mmm nice thighs abooot

mccaugm
23-Sep-07, 22:36
Is there anything else to watch in a rugby game but their legs???haven't noticed anything but some lovely(drool,drool) thighs running around :) didn't realise they were doing something while they were running around [lol] x

Couldn't agree more - much more interesting than wimpy, scrawny, whiny footballers.

paris
24-Sep-07, 08:54
Now Now ladies....all this talk of thighs isn't doing you any good, what you actually need to do is find your local rugby club and offer your services as a physiotherapist !!! Jan x:lol:

candyfloss
24-Sep-07, 09:30
Couldn't agree more - much more interesting than wimpy, scrawny, whiny footballers.
The thing i like about the rugby is they don't answer the ref back, he's the boss, when they get injured they don't roll about on the ground like their dying, unlike the whiny footballers :roll:And no time waisting because the clock is stop....................................and the legs of course :D

scorrie
24-Sep-07, 14:46
Its nothing to do with being smart, its about loyal fans getting to see their team play the best in the world. If it isn't always about winning then why are we saving our players so we can beat Italy?? A home game against the All Blacks in a competitive arena does not come along every day, and if Hadden thinks by saving his players he gets more chance of getting to the final and winning then he is a fruitcake. Who wants to buy a ticket to see their national pride play their second string and watch them get gubbed 40-0. I'd rather go back to the days of the five nations which was infinitely more interesting and see us sweat blood and tears in every game than watch some tin pot tactics ust so we can get beat after the first round. Its a disgrace! In my mind, playing the All Blacks in Edinburgh is a final in its own and should be entertainment for the fans. Has Rugby turned into the English Premier League all of a sudden, resting players in a cup game so we can win the league game, pfffffffffft, thats entertainment! No thanks! I guess they had the affrontary to play Flower of Scotland before that rubbish as well didn't they?

I hear what you are saying Jeemag, but I agree with DeHaviland on this one. Of course Scotland have no chance of winning the Rugby World Cup. That is something they will have accepted from the start. The next best scenario is being able to progress as far as possible. With that in mind, there was little point in wasting energies, possibly risking injuries, in order to keep it tighter in a game that was beyond our reach.

For me, the Rugby World Cup is a bit of a non-event, with too many no-hope nations included as lambs to the slaughter at the hands of the elite teams.

lindadorren
25-Sep-07, 09:43
As someone who was at Murrayfield it was difficult to tell the teams apart, especially when they were at the other end of the pitch! Having paid £80+ for my ticket, in one of the end stands and not the best seats, I wasn't delighted by Frank Hadden's strategy but do understand why he rested what is probably his best team.
Unlike Scorrie I have enjoyed watching all the other countries taking part - it's nice to see the minnows having their moments of glory and even better when the opposition play their best and show respect for them.
Let's hope all goes well on Saturday against Italy - and the teams are more easily told apart.

gpwicks
25-Sep-07, 20:49
When i was listening to the match on the radio and watch the highlights on tv later, all the pundits said the same thing. that even though put out a "2nd team" it still boasted 2 lions tour players(1 of which is the most capped second rower in scottish rugby) and 11 players starting that played some part in the beating of France and also played in the 6 nations, so it might look a second team compared to the players that have played against romania and portugal but was still a strong team.

on the flip side, IF scotland had played with the "main team" then who knows what might have happened because the kiwi's made more handling errors in that match then in any other of their previous matches, so if the main team played maybe it might not have been so bad, and maybe sneek a win making us in prim postion to finish top, and an easier passage to the semi's.

buts it's all in the past and hopefully scotland can doo over the italians with a flourish of tries and then make it a cracking quarter against whoever.

MON THE SCOTS !!