PDA

View Full Version : Elvis

Wellies
23-Sep-07, 02:03
What did everyone think of the Elvis Competition tonight. Some of them were very good, but the last one that got through sounded like Elvis, looked like him and he had so many characteristics of him he was scary. I am sure he must be a relation. I think he should do his family tree:lol:

Aaldtimer
23-Sep-07, 02:10
What did everyone think of the Elvis Competition tonight. Some of them were very good, but the last one that got through sounded like Elvis, looked like him and he had so many characteristics of him he was scary. I am sure he must be a relation. I think he should do his family tree:lol:
There is only one King! Beware of substitutes!;)

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Sep-07, 04:55
There's more Elvis impersonators in the world than there are people in Belgium. My good friend Linton Osborne - from (dis)Graceland, Dunfermline, is one of them. Check him out here, orgers: www.myspace.com/turboelvisgti

Incidentally, actor Bruce Campbell is my favourite Elvis. Anyone who has seen the classic cult movie Bubba Ho-Tep will know what I mean. Uh-huh!

johno
23-Sep-07, 09:53
I dont really care for elvis impersonators. i dont think anyone can do the man justice & there ,s enough footage of the real thing about, so why watch second rate stuff when the genuine item is right there.

scorrie
23-Sep-07, 13:30
I dont really care for elvis impersonators. i dont think anyone can do the man justice & there ,s enough footage of the real thing about, so why watch second rate stuff when the genuine item is right there.

Aye Johno. Too many people think they can pull a wig and a star-spangled suit on, don a pair of dark glasses and shout "Thankya verry muuch" and pass for the King.

Time for many to do an impersonation of the King as he is now ie deceased ;)

nanoo
23-Sep-07, 13:47
Have to say, i agree with you johno, but i must admit to watching it last night just for the fun of it. I was well impressed i have to say, as an all time fan of the king i could feel goose bumps as some of them sang. I also tended not to look at the screen and just listen to each act to begin with and then look once i had established in my mind the likeness of the voice to the real deal. Only two got my vote. Kell Elvis on profile shots and long shots was a definate look alike and he was a good sound alike as well. The last one to get through was just Elvis singing to you, if you did'nt look at him. I'm sorry but i don't think he resembles him at all. I am so looking forward to the final next Saturday night and i know in my heart of hearts that Kell Elvis will be the one i hope wins. He sings Elvis well and those profile shots and the long shots are uncanny, made my spine tingle.;)

johno
23-Sep-07, 14:20
A very good friend of mine died tragically through an accident a few years ago, he was a pretty good elvis impressionist, as good as ive ever heard, but he still lacked the real thing , cant put my finger on it. some kind of charisma ? [ i think] but any way Jimmy & Elvis may you both rest in peace.
your both missed. :~(

mccaugm
23-Sep-07, 22:34
I was only six when Elvis died..but listening to the Elvis Impersonators was amazing. The American in the GI uniform was brilliant. I felt quite emotional listening to the rendition of suspicious minds....my favourite Elvis song. Didn't think I would enjoy the show but I did...ROCK ON!

scorrie
24-Sep-07, 21:42
I was only six when Elvis died..but listening to the Elvis Impersonators was amazing. The American in the GI uniform was brilliant. I felt quite emotional listening to the rendition of suspicious minds....my favourite Elvis song. Didn't think I would enjoy the show but I did...ROCK ON!

Is there a line in Suspicious Minds that goes "We're Courting a Trout, I can't walk out" Apparently someone thought that there was!!