PDA

View Full Version : pitbull crosses.

cuddlepop
22-Sep-07, 16:47
Out walking our dogs lastnight off the lead.We took them down bayfield carpark which has a shore walk just off it.
It was about 10pm so people were still milling about.Passing the blook of flats a dog started to bark,our two dogs didn't respond.
The owner lets her dog out who makes a bee line for our two MHO tells me to carry on and walk away with the dogs as he senses its going to go for our wee dog.By this time I've (I@ve) realised its some sort of pit bull cross and just want to pick our young dog up.Everything happens so fast,owner shouting her dog back..."and get a biscuit":confusedit lounches at our young dog,mho uses a stick which we had for the dogs to beat it off.The owner is encouraging us to hit her dog our wee dog is totally bewilldered,the older dog has taken off and the stick breaks.
MHO walks the woman and her mut back to the flat and I go and find our dogs.
Our dogs are fine but it makes me wonder shouldn't something be done about these cross breads.[evil]

NickInTheNorth
22-Sep-07, 16:51
Out walking our dogs lastnight off the lead.We took them down bayfield carpark which has a shore walk just off it.
It was about 10pm so people were still milling about.Passing the blook of flats a dog started to bark,our two dogs didn't respond.
The owner lets her dog out who makes a bee line for our two MHO tells me to carry on and walk away with the dogs as he senses its going to go for our wee dog.By this time I've realised its some sort of pit bull cross and just want to pick our young dog up.Everything happens so fast,owner shouting her dog back..."and get a biscuit":confusedit lounches at our young dog,mho uses a stick which we had for the dogs to beat it off.The owner is encouraging us to hit her dog our wee dog is totally bewilldered,the older dog has taken off and the stick breaks.
MHO walks the woman and her mut back to the flat and I go and find our dogs.
Our dogs are fine but it makes me wonder shouldn't something be done about these cross breads.[evil]

As far as I am aware any pitbull or pitbull cross is banned by the dangerous dogs act. So if you are fairly certain it was a pitbull cross report it.

In fact given the behaviour you describe it is probably covered by the act anyway no matter what it's breeding.

Report it!

connieb19
22-Sep-07, 16:54
That must have been pretty scarey. I thought pitbulls were illegal though. You should report it, imagine if it had been one of your kids walking the dog. :(

Liz
22-Sep-07, 18:27
I am so sorry that this happened to you! What an ordeal for you and your poor dogs!:roll:

As always it is not the dogs at fault but their idiot owners!!!

They obviously have no control over them!!![mad]

There have been a few occasions when dogs have tried to attack my poor Benjy whilst he has been on a lead and these were not cross breeds.
Once it was an elderly man who was walking his daughters' dogs and one of them made a beeline for Benjy and he wasn't able to stop it as it was so powerful.
It was like he was on skis as the dogs pulled him along!!!

Luckily my sister was with me so she shielded Benjy whilst I booted the other dog out of the way (don't like hurting animals but will to protect my own)and this averted what could have been really nasty. Had I been walking on my own I dread to think what would have happened.

It makes me so mad to see dogs portrayed as 'bad' when it is the fault of the owners.

So glad your dogs are okay Cuddlepop.

cuddlepop
22-Sep-07, 18:45
I want to report it but MHO seems to think the police wont do anything because it attacked another dog.Will dig out the number of the RSPCCA .
The owner knew it was going to attack as she told us not to run.This make's me think its done this before.
We've past there upteen times and have never had a problem so perhapse since the new houses have just been allocated the housing have been playing musical chairs with their tenents.
Like Connie said if this had been a child,:~(
.It wasn't interested in us it just wanted the young dog.

cuddlepop
22-Sep-07, 19:14
This gets messy .
Its not a pitbull this woman has but an English Bull dog.The owner has mental health problems and is known to the authoritys.This dog that she has even killed a puppy the owner had got aswell as this Bull dog.:~(

I know I've got to report it now as it looks like the owner cannot be responsible for it.

Liz
22-Sep-07, 22:54
This gets messy .
Its not a pitbull this woman has but an English Bull dog.The owner has mental health problems and is known to the authoritys.This dog that she has even killed a puppy the owner had got aswell as this Bull dog.:~(

I know I've got to report it now as it looks like the owner cannot be responsible for it.

That is awful!!!!:eek: Would agree you have no option but to report it. Wonder where on earth she got the dog from?

cocopops
23-Sep-07, 20:06
people should stop blaming certain breeds of dogs- even jack russels can be dangerous to kids ( and adults) in the wrong hands. pitbulls are precieved as dangerous dogs due to human allowing them to be known as fighting dogs, im sure that with the correct up bringing they can be as sweet as a lab.

NickInTheNorth
23-Sep-07, 21:04
people should stop blaming certain breeds of dogs- even jack russels can be dangerous to kids ( and adults) in the wrong hands. pitbulls are precieved as dangerous dogs due to human allowing them to be known as fighting dogs, im sure that with the correct up bringing they can be as sweet as a lab.

But the one described in this thread is not sweet as a lab!

fuzz24
23-Sep-07, 22:35
Hi i think what cuddlepop went through was awful i also agree with liz i would never delibratly hurt another animal but i would defend my dogs. I have two Staffordshire bull terriers and unfotunatly people sometimes class them the same as pitbulls, my two are still pups but they are the softest dogs i have ever known. I have known fighting pitbulls and they are to be feared and sadly i have meet one very agregsive staffie,the owners are soley to blame, even a pup with attuide can be trianed to be a good dog. Its similar to raising our children what we put into them now will make them better adults or not. My aim is to make my pups good dogs some people do fear staffies but i want nobody to fear mine, i have photographic proof of my two year old nephew telling the staffies to Sit, Give Paw and Go to bed and They answer him,now i'm not saying that is it always safe to leave young children running around with dogs because kids can be cruel and even puppies can be povoked but the saying is true you reap what you sow. And yes pitbulls do have to be registered under Dangerous Dog Act, it is legal to have them but illegal breed them even though it goes on all the time,i know of one(crossbreed) as close to home has Castletown so watch out dog owners!:confused

connieb19
23-Sep-07, 23:07
I think some people have such small penises they get a dog like this to make them look tough. Has anyone noticed on the SSPCA website how many of these bulldog breeds are looking to be rehomed, they seem to be the latest chav fashion accessory. [disgust]