PDA

View Full Version : Directions please

Fran
22-Sep-07, 03:21
Cant use my sat nav as a maltesser went down the cigarrette lighter hole thingy, so can someone please tell me where tom Mathieson court is in Thurso. Is it the British Legion housing at the river?

hobbes1962
22-Sep-07, 07:26
If you go up Riverside Place (between the CO-OP and the Legion) the Laundrette is on your right. Go just past the Laundrette and Tom Matheson Court is the sheltered housing on your right hand side.

Torvaig
22-Sep-07, 07:49
Cant use my sat nav as a maltesser went down the cigarrette lighter hole thingy, so can someone please tell me where tom Mathieson court is in Thurso. Is it the British Legion housing at the river?

Use the smallest vacuum nozzle to remove said malteser from it's resting place in order not to waste it! (You can tell I'm a chocaholic can't you!)

connieb19
22-Sep-07, 09:26
Use the smallest vacuum nozzle to remove said malteser from it's resting place in order not to waste it! (You can tell I'm a chocaholic can't you!)If the maltesers advert is anything to go by you should be able to lift it out by sucking on a straw lol.

johno
22-Sep-07, 12:37
Fran if you charge up your sat nav in the home ,then go to Thurso & put in the address /post code , it,ll still take you to where you want to go. Think mine,ll last for four hours without needing recharged. :cool:

paris
22-Sep-07, 13:05
Now thats funny Fran ! I can just see you there trying to get it out. jan x:lol:

crayola
22-Sep-07, 13:32
If the maltesers advert is anything to go by you should be able to lift it out by sucking on a straw lol.Great idea connie. Can you give her directions? :lol:

connieb19
22-Sep-07, 13:38
Great idea connie. Can you give her directions? :lol:
Aye if she goes oot passed Tesco and straight on for about 21 miles she'll find Thurso. :lol:

crayola
22-Sep-07, 14:12
Lol I meant directions on how to suck maltesers. I didn't know malteser packets had instructions on how to get to Thurso from Tesco. :)

Fran, I found Tom Matheson Court on Google Maps but I can't get the link to work from the forum. It's suposed to be on Riverside, just before you get to Wilson St.

karia
22-Sep-07, 14:18
Lol I meant directions on how to suck maltesers. I didn't know malteser packets had instructions on how to get to Thurso from Tesco. :)

Only the white chocolate ones!;)

Karia

crayola
22-Sep-07, 14:24
Never had a white one. I can imagine a hard sucked brown one bubbling on my tongue at this very moment. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

connieb19
22-Sep-07, 14:32
Never had a white one. I can imagine a hard sucked brown one bubbling on my tongue at this very moment. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.Do you suck it until it goes soft? :eek:

crayola
22-Sep-07, 14:34
Yeeaaahhhh, until it goes all soft and gooey. Mmmmmmmm.

connieb19
22-Sep-07, 14:43
I think Fran should forget about the sat nav and carry on sucking all the way to Thurso, I hope she's taken her falsers out first though. :Razz

Fran
23-Sep-07, 02:16
Thanks for all your help. I poked and poked and got all the melted maltesser out, so i couldnt eat it, what a waste, but it hmust have melted inside rendering my lighter thingy useless. I cant even heat up my cup of tea or anything now. Think i know where Im going now, past thurso launderette and houses on the left. i think.

crayola
23-Sep-07, 02:23
I thought maltesers were meant to melt in your mouth not in your lighter.

karia
23-Sep-07, 11:50
I thought maltesers were meant to melt in your mouth not in your lighter.

Didn't you know they're the 'lighter' way to enjoy chocolate!:lol:

Karia

gollach
23-Sep-07, 13:13
Think i know where Im going now, past thurso launderette and houses on the left. i think.

On the RIGHT past Thurso launderette, the left is Robert Dick Place.

You're looking for the houses between the launderette and the Guide hut. (Tom Matheson Court was built on the old Hydro Electric site.)

wifie
23-Sep-07, 14:20
Didn't you know they're the 'lighter' way to enjoy chocolate!:lol:

Karia
He He Very Funny

wifie
24-Sep-07, 09:41
Sorry Fran hope I wasn't insensitive in my last post but how did you get a malteser in there? Did it bounce or something? Just curious and hope you get it fixed!

Fran
25-Sep-07, 00:42
Well Wifie, and others, I had a bag of maltessersin the cavity where the cigarette lighter thingy is (I dont have a cigarette lighter) and the rubber top was not on the hole and a maltesser got inside. It was my own fault for leaving the rubber top off and for stuffing my face while driving ha ha. Havent had time to go to dunnetts yet, but i will probably need a new thingy and it will cost me a fortune. A very expensive small bag of maltessers!!

Fran
07-Dec-07, 03:51
Thanks for all your help. I poked and poked and got all the melted maltesser out, so i couldnt eat it, what a waste, but it hmust have melted inside rendering my lighter thingy useless. I cant even heat up my cup of tea or anything now. Think i know where Im going now, past thurso launderette and houses on the left. i think.

Thought I would let you all know. I put my car to the garage to investigate the cigarette lighter thingy and it cost me £10 to repair it. The fault.........one fuse costing only 40p. so beware, if you loose a maltesser down the thingy it will cost you £10!!!