PDA

View Full Version : Passport Office

Doolally
20-Sep-07, 22:35
What ever happened to the new Passport Office that was supposed to be opening in Wick. They even got as far as advertising for staff but I've not heard anything since then and that was over a year ago!

Torvaig
20-Sep-07, 23:24
They had problems with the security of online applications; ironic really as security is their main raison d'etre! And as everyone knows, bureaucracy always takes years longer than anything else....

trix
21-Sep-07, 00:54
i da ken anythin aboot at but it dis remind me that i need til renew ma passport. ma gorgeous (i added gorgeous in) future husband could come alone at anytime and try til sweep me off ma feet an take me off somewhere exotic an il no be able til go :eek:
he mite end up takin someone else, an then at wil be at...
im gona do at next pay day...so if there is any offers??? ;)

trix
21-Sep-07, 01:20
andrew,
wheres at young soldier that ye promised??? [lol] ;)

Anne x
21-Sep-07, 01:24
andrew,
wheres at young soldier that ye promised??? [lol] ;)

trix keep hoping you never know LOL

Sandra
21-Sep-07, 12:47
There's an article in the John O'Groats today about what's happening with it.

johno
21-Sep-07, 13:41
The bit in the Groat says that the passport office will be open by the end of the year.......[but it did,nt say which year] heh heh :eek: [lol]

rainbow
21-Sep-07, 23:55
I had an interview for the posts over a year and a half ago, and they could not tell me when it would be open. Anyway I didnae get the job (i'd like to think it was because they were no where near opening -or maybe I was not the right person???). The posts were re-advertised about 8 months ago, and still it won't be open for another year. I am glad I never got offered the job, if thats the way they muck around with people. Imagine if I got offered the job, and had to sit for about 2 and a half years for a start date - would you do it? I think not.

Geo
24-Sep-07, 10:24
Will this mean we won't have to go to Glasgow to get a passport?

rainbow
25-Sep-07, 07:54
The passport offices have been set up so that all people who want to apply for their first passport will have to have a face to face interview. In a few years time this interview process will roll out to all include all renewal passports. I cannot imagine them handing your passport over the counter after an interview - it will still be dispatched from a central printing office. The Wick office will cover Caithness and Sutherland, and anyone from these areas will have to call in person - no telephone interviews.