PDA

View Full Version : John Frieda Colour Glosser

karia
20-Sep-07, 19:32
Hi,

I was a bit sceptical about this product as it is about 7 quid a bottle but I slipped it into the weekly shop and OH didn't notice.;)

My hair noticed though!

I am all swingy blonde shiny well-behaved tresses and that is after just one application. (it promises a cumulative effect..can't wait!):eek:

It comes in all colour variants and a non colour glosser..3 minutes in the shower and you'll be looking at yourself in shop windows all day!

can't be bad.

karia

Dadie
20-Sep-07, 20:29
oh I must try it I was really sceptical .. it wouldnt work..not on my hair anyway etc..
Is it worth the £7 do you think or will it lose its effect 1/2 way through the bottle?

karia
20-Sep-07, 20:43
oh I must try it I was really sceptical .. it wouldnt work..not on my hair anyway etc..
Is it worth the £7 do you think or will it lose its effect 1/2 way through the bottle?

Hi Dadie,

I don't think so ..it has a strange effect on your hair while you are using it..a bit chemically but not unpleasant...you just know it's doing something..your hair is really 'glinty' even while still wet!:confused

It's not like any other product I have ever used so hard to explain.

Suffice to say I am looking for excuses to use it.

I will 'road test it' for a few weeks and report back to mission control!;)

karia

WeeBurd
20-Sep-07, 23:30
Weirdly enough, I love the smell of it :confused.

It definitely works, but it didn't make my hair all swingy, blonde & shiny... ahhh, that would be because I used 'e broon one! It made it all rich, glossy & silky soft!

PS, I too managed to sneak it into the trolley when hubby wasn't looking, but old eagle eyes spotted it on the receipt :eek:!

karia
20-Sep-07, 23:42
Weirdly enough, I love the smell of it .

It definitely works, but it didn't make my hair all swingy, blonde & shiny... ahhh, that would be because I used 'e broon one! It made it all rich, glossy & silky soft!

PS, I too managed to sneak it into the trolley when hubby wasn't looking, but old eagle eyes spotted it on the receipt !

Weeburd,

yes, you are a bit odd ...it does not smell nice!

does the business though!:lol:

Karia..lessons on 'losing receipts and explaining why luxury items are a necessity..that's my forte!;)

I take pupils with varying degrees of duplicity..beginners welcome!

poppett
21-Sep-07, 11:49
Too Slow girlies.........tell the OH you bought it for them to try to make them "Twinkle". Works on most male models, except the bald ones!!

Thumper
23-Sep-07, 18:58
Well Karia I went and bought this today to see if it is any good so I will let you know how I get on with it.I hope it does work as I love my hair to look shiny and it hasn't lately as I have been unwell for a while now so here's hoping :) x

karia
23-Sep-07, 19:46
Well Karia I went and bought this today to see if it is any good so I will let you know how I get on with it.I hope it does work as I love my hair to look shiny and it hasn't lately as I have been unwell for a while now so here's hoping x

Sorry to hear that Thumper!:(

May you swiftly regain your glossy coat...even though everyone is looking at your shoes not your hair!;)

karia

WeeBurd
24-Sep-07, 00:27
Too Slow girlies.........tell the OH you bought it for them to try to make them "Twinkle". Works on most male models, except the bald ones!!

Nah Poppett, that wouldn't work on MrBurd - he'd have a few choice words to say for me even suggesting a "real man" like him would need to use girlie products like that [lol].

dirdyweeker
24-Sep-07, 18:57
can you use it on hair that has been coloured without it affecting it? Is it purely to make your hair shine?

Thumper
24-Sep-07, 20:09
Karia, I have used it and so far so good :) a nice wee shine on it already so I look a bit healthier!
Dirtyweeker, I have coloured hair and its fine to use on it so go on give it a try x