PDA

View Full Version : BT Answer question

Julia
20-Sep-07, 17:40
Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to extend the amount of rings before BT answer kicks in? I never seem to be able to get to the phone in time and it's becoming quite annoying. I've checked the BT website but could not find any info regarding the ring time.

angela5
20-Sep-07, 17:45
Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to extend the amount of rings before BT answer kicks in? I never seem to be able to get to the phone in time and it's becoming quite annoying. I've checked the BT website but could not find any info regarding the ring time.

My mum has the same problem, she called BT and they told her the rings could not be extended while she had BT Answer.

bobsgirl
20-Sep-07, 18:05
For BT Answer, you cannot adjust the rings but if you upgrade to BT Call Minder then you CAN adjust the rings.

Liz
20-Sep-07, 18:36
BT should supply us with starting blocks as it is a race to get to the phone!!!!:lol:

moncur
20-Sep-07, 21:06
I used to work on the BT answer desk a good few years ago. only way around it really is cordless phones or moving the phone closer to where u sit with an extension cable.

yeah the regular free 1571 service gives you 7 rings (approx 21 seconds) to get to the phone. once you upgrade to callminder you can change it to 3 different settings. but callminder can be pricey over the year for all the times you may actually use it.

other things with callminder is you can put personal greetings on the answer message and a really good thing is that you can check the messages from another phoneline eg if you're on holiday or down the shops and are expecting a message.

dancingtaz13
20-Sep-07, 21:26
God Moncur... i'm glad you can remember all that from BT... i certainly can't. Well done you!!