PDA

View Full Version : Cat Situation

wickchick
20-Sep-07, 17:35
Few nights ago I took my horse in from the field next to a farm and was followed home by a lovely little cat. The cat wasnt from the farm so it obviously took a wrong turn and ended up there. It has been roaming around the few houses around my area since then it it still here now, it has a collar on and everything. Very friendly. Any way the sspca wont take it cause its not injured and caithness cats protection wont take it because it has a collar on and its has no room. My neighbours all own dogs and it is very likely one will catch it. None of us are cat friendly i just think its not nice to just leave the cat roaming about. Doubt it has been fed.
Any opinions?
Thanks

angela5
20-Sep-07, 17:38
Poor thing, left to wander. I'm surprised Cat's protection couldn't help, even to suggest a foster home until the owner was found.:~(

connieb19
20-Sep-07, 17:40
Maybe if ypu give a description of the cat someone might recognise it or know who it belongs to.

wickchick
20-Sep-07, 17:40
I know then cats protection went on to say the sspca should take it and that its not really up to them to pick up random cats. It is a shame but and i aint really a cat lover.

wickchick
20-Sep-07, 17:42
A young cat i think lol
white with grey and turtle colour on it.
it was wearing a green collar with two little bells on it.
very tame

kitty
20-Sep-07, 17:49
Why don't you try and take a photo of it and post that. Someone might recoginse it from that. Also maybe a rough idea of where you live and someone might get in touch saying that they're missing a cat :D

angela5
20-Sep-07, 17:54
It would soon be picked up if it was a dog wandering around.:confused

Liz
20-Sep-07, 18:11
I am really sorry about this wee cat and Cats Protection would have taken it in if we had room.
All our foster pens are full and, unless we home some cats soon, we won't be able to take any in for the forseeable future.

We hate not being able to take stray cats into foster care!

In the meantime if you could send a photo to webmaster@caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk we could post details on our website in the hope that it's owner may come forward or someone may offer it a home.

Liz
20-Sep-07, 18:33
Poor thing, left to wander. I'm surprised Cat's protection couldn't help, even to suggest a foster home until the owner was found.:~(

We would help if we could but,sadly, all our foster pens are full as it has been a really bad year for stray cats and kittens.

If we could get homes for some of the cats in our care then we would be able to take more poor strays in to foster care.

KCI
20-Sep-07, 22:36
I'm surprised that people are posting on here to criticise Caithness Cats Protection.

Sorry - I'm obviously going to annoy a few people here, but do you know what is it like for the Caithness branch of Cats Protection? Do you know what it is like to get all these calls and messages about cats/kittens needing help, and not being able to do anything about it, then being slagged off for it on a public forum?

Caithness Cats Protection is struggling at the moment. They have hardly any volunteers, no pens or foster homes available, and probably hardly any money. But the calls keep coming.

We all hate to see cats suffering. I have a cat staying in my greenhouse at the moment, which is not ideal, but there is nowhere else.

To all the people who complain about Cats Protection - what do you do to help out? Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer? How are you helping the cat situation in Caithness?

Sorry in advance to the people I will probably annoy in this post, but instead of complaining, how about helping?

Liz
20-Sep-07, 22:46
I'm surprised that people are posting on here to criticise Caithness Cats Protection.

Sorry - I'm obviously going to annoy a few people here, but do you know what is it like for the Caithness branch of Cats Protection? Do you know what it is like to get all these calls and messages about cats/kittens needing help, and not being able to do anything about it, then being slagged off for it on a public forum?

Caithness Cats Protection is struggling at the moment. They have hardly any volunteers, no pens or foster homes available, and probably hardly any money. But the calls keep coming.

We all hate to see cats suffering. I have a cat staying in my greenhouse at the moment, which is not ideal, but there is nowhere else.

To all the people who complain about Cats Protection - what do you do to help out? Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer? How are you helping the cat situation in Caithness?

Sorry in advance to the people I will probably annoy in this post, but instead of complaining, how about helping?

Very well said and thanks for your support!

Don't think people realise how bad the situation is in Caithness re stray and unwanted cats and kittens.
You are quite correct it is extremely stressful having to deal with this and not being able to take cats into care because we have no room.

Sadly Harry Potter is not a volunteer!!!!!!

carasmam
21-Sep-07, 00:24
Well said KCI, no-one likes to see or hear about any animal suffering or in need, but how many actually get off their backsides and do anything about it :confused
The Cats Protection are stretched as it is, as Liz has mentioned before in other threads, I wish people would think before slagging off volunteers who are doing the best they can. [disgust]

wickchick
21-Sep-07, 09:58
I certainly wasnt slagging the cats protection off. I am a dog person and have no clue about cats so i posted on here to find out if anyone had any ideas. I just went on to say what they had told me before orgers said why not phone the cats protection.
The cat is now wandering around someone elses front garden. So now out of my hands.
Thanks

evelyn
21-Sep-07, 11:03
Wickchick why don't you try to get a photo of the cat and post it here? Someone may know who it belongs to.
It just seems a shame that no one cares about the poor thing. It must be confused and hungry.
Evelyn

corgiman
21-Sep-07, 12:25
Have you contacted Wick and Thurso vets to see if anyone has posted a notice missing this cat?

Liz
21-Sep-07, 12:57
I certainly wasnt slagging the cats protection off. I am a dog person and have no clue about cats so i posted on here to find out if anyone had any ideas. I just went on to say what they had told me before orgers said why not phone the cats protection.
The cat is now wandering around someone elses front garden. So now out of my hands.
Thanks

I didn't think you were slagging the CP off Wickchick and it was very good of you to be concerned enough about this wee cat to phone us.
I'm just sorry we weren't able to take it in to foster care and it is frustrating when it is perceived as us not helping.

I have sent you a pm as would like to help.

wickchick
21-Sep-07, 16:23
Lost the cat found the home 57 roxburgh road

Liz
21-Sep-07, 17:51

Sorry Ashleigh but not sure what you mean?

angela5
23-Sep-07, 17:46
then being slagged off for it on a public forum?

what do you do to help out? Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer? How are you helping the cat situation

Are these Questions directed at me KCI?

For one, i certainly never slagged Cat's Protection off, you jumped at my post because i said 'i was surprised'. I was not aware of the current situation with Cat's Protection. I Admire all the work they do and also the volunteers who give up their free time to help.
I don't have time to help out, I am already a volunteer for something else.
I am helping the Cat Situation by not having a cat in the first place.

angela5
23-Sep-07, 17:49

Very good of you wickchick to go out your way and find the cats home. Do you mean you now can't find the cat? Maybe the owners will look in the area you found it in the first place.

angela5
23-Sep-07, 17:55
Well said KCI, no-one likes to see or hear about any animal suffering or in need, but how many actually get off their backsides and do anything about it :confused

That's right carasman no-one likes to see or hear of animal suffering. I would never see an animal suffer, i'd get off my backside and help it in any way i could.
An animal in need of a home, then i wouldn't be able be able to help out i'm afraid. I do Admire the people that do.

connieb19
23-Sep-07, 18:06
Oh heck :eek: Sounds like folkies have gotten their knickers in a right twist on this thread, I'm glad the cat is back home before the handbags start to fly. :lol:

wickchick
23-Sep-07, 18:08
Hi,
Yeah the cat has been found. It walked in to pets at home lol. I seen a poster in the one stop shop and phoned it up and told them what had happened.
Anyway all is well now and the cat is home safe and sound.

connieb19
23-Sep-07, 18:09
It almost sounds like he planned it, lol I'm trying to imagine him handing himself into pets At Home. :lol::lol:

angela5
23-Sep-07, 18:10
Oh heck :eek: Sounds like folkies have gotten their knickers in a right twist on this thread, I'm glad the cat is back home before the handbags start to fly.

No me that's got my knickers in a twist......I dinna wear any![lol] And i gave up on Handbags years ago when folkies stopped dancing around them.

angela5
23-Sep-07, 18:13
Hi,
Yeah the cat has been found. It walked in to pets at home lol. I seen a poster in the one stop shop and phoned it up and told them what had happened.
Anyway all is well now and the cat is home safe and sound.

What an ending...Glad the Cat is home safe and well.

connieb19
23-Sep-07, 18:14
No me that's got my knickers in a twist......I dinna wear any![lol] Oh, err, aye, I did hear that right enough. Did you no get them back after lending them out for the Marquee at the county show? :eek:

angela5
23-Sep-07, 18:17
Oh, err, aye, I did hear that right enough. Did you no get them back after lending them out for the Marquee at the county show? :eek:

ROFLMAO....[lol]
Eh'm i hear you are still collecting Y-Fronts at the weekends!

connieb19
23-Sep-07, 18:20
ROFLMAO....[lol]
Eh'm i hear you are still collecting Y-Fronts at the weekends!No, I stopped that after I tried a pair of your brothers, there's less skidmarks at Knockhill race tack. :eek: