PDA

View Full Version : parking.

johno
20-Sep-07, 12:39
The pipe band must have been staging a concert for people who have difficulty walking last night. As i past the pipe band hall about 10 pm i saw a string of cars parked from the juction at Kirkhill all the way down past the Sports shop. Of course im being a bit sarcastic as there are three empty car parks within spitting distance of the hall. and i,ll bet that some of those folks even lived in Louisburgh St ,Robert St or George St.
The pipe band hall is on a curve and to just because they cant be bothered to to use the free car park, all within a 100 metre radius of the hall [ where cars will be safer anyway] just park on the main road and disrupt the traffic flow. And there are traffic lights just a little bit farther up the road. [disgust]

Cattach
20-Sep-07, 14:22
The pipe band must have been staging a concert for people who have difficulty walking last night. As i past the pipe band hall about 10 pm i saw a string of cars parked from the juction at Kirkhill all the way down past the Sports shop. Of course im being a bit sarcastic as there are three empty car parks within spitting distance of the hall. and i,ll bet that some of those folks even lived in Louisburgh St ,Robert St or George St.
The pipe band hall is on a curve and to just because they cant be bothered to to use the free car park, all within a 100 metre radius of the hall [ where cars will be safer anyway] just park on the main road and disrupt the traffic flow. And there are traffic lights just a little bit farther up the road. [disgust]

You are dead right about lazy motorists. I was in the Co-op carpark in Thurs this moring and there were cars parked all over the place and on the roads in and out as people could not be bothered parking round the corner from the full carpark where there was ample space.

Ash
20-Sep-07, 15:14
I live in Thurso around from the coop, our road is private parking, but its truly pointless it being private as EVERYONE parks there, its also a one way street but everyone ignores the signs!

Julia
20-Sep-07, 15:31
Kirkhill and the all the way down to the sports shop is the same every Sunday, they even park round the bend on George street as well as right over the junction leading to Louisburgh St. I'ts wall to wall with cars!

Why they can't park in the car park at Somerfield is beyond me, just because the car owners are all in church does not make them beyond the law.

johno
20-Sep-07, 16:03
Aye, Anyone would think that the parishoner,s were getting thier car,s blessed also. But do you really want them to get their sunday best grubby by walking a few kilometre,s to the kirk. :roll:

angela5
20-Sep-07, 16:08
But do you really want them to get their sunday best grubby by walking a few kilometre,s to the kirk. :roll:

Most of them wear the same outfit to church that they had on in the pub the night before.:lol:

johno
20-Sep-07, 16:26
You mean a bit like Rabbie Burns , he used to sow his wild oats all week long then go to church on sunday to pray for a crop failure.[lol] [lol]

weeksider
20-Sep-07, 16:40
It is very parking @ the pipeband hall on Wed Nights ,some residents cannot even park @ there front door, car whizz doon pass them ones parked and car comes whizzing past coming up the way , going to be a crash yet.maybe park on one side of the road but two is wrong.
There is carpark's @ the N/cliffe Hotel & @ Ashley Court bit for those to park in or are those folk to lazy to walk ok if they are disabled .

connieb19
20-Sep-07, 17:45
You are dead right about lazy motorists. I was in the Co-op carpark in Thurs this moring and there were cars parked all over the place and on the roads in and out as people could not be bothered parking round the corner from the full carpark where there was ample space.Do you think most of the people complaining here must be lazy motorists, boy racers, others even joyriders and boy racers, or does your theory of double standards only apply when it's someone who has a different opinion to yours? :confused

johno
21-Sep-07, 16:32
Awe c,mon now Connie that careless parking at the pipe band hall & the church get,s up the noses of the boy racer,s as it impedes them on the end of their circuit from the roundabout to the church junction. [lol]

lexie
21-Sep-07, 17:33
I live in Thurso around from the coop, our road is private parking, but its truly pointless it being private as EVERYONE parks there, its also a one way street but everyone ignores the signs!

I thought the sign round from the co-op (cant remember the street name sorry)
said.."private cars".... ?

then who ever has a car for there own private use...can park there....?:confused

Alice in Blunderland
21-Sep-07, 20:45
Kirkhill and the all the way down to the sports shop is the same every Sunday, they even park round the bend on George street as well as right over the junction leading to Louisburgh St. I'ts wall to wall with cars!

Why they can't park in the car park at Somerfield is beyond me, just because the car owners are all in church does not make them beyond the law.

Did the lord not say on the seventh day you were to REST :lol: These fine churchgoers are only following what they are told........... lol

I have an idea though for the next phase of the Parish church refurbishment.....they should do away with the front doors rip out all the chairs and make it a drive through service.:eek: No need for mad parking ,in fact no need to get out of the car at all....

johno
21-Sep-07, 21:10
Drive through church, Alice i think you got something there.
Could maybe stick a burger king on the out end & make it a real stressfull day for em. your a genius.[lol]

Julia
21-Sep-07, 23:21
I have an idea though for the next phase of the Parish church refurbishment.....they should do away with the front doors rip out all the chairs and make it a drive through service.:eek: No need for mad parking ,in fact no need to get out of the car at all....

What a brilliant idea, there could be alternate routes out, 'clean' or 'unclean' - unclean would take you out via the carwash

JAWS
22-Sep-07, 13:13
The parked cars near the Pipe Band Hall weren't causing any problems when I went past at the back of nine last night.
Yes they were there but there was plenty of room to drive past them without any hold-up and they were well clear of the traffic lights at the road works.

johno
22-Sep-07, 14:50
Thats beside the point, there are free car parks all wiithin easy walking distance. it amounts to nothing but lazy-ness any way you look at it.
it was a squeeze for three cars abreast there let alone if you met a bus or a truck, what if an ambulance on an emergency call out met a lorry there.?

horseman
22-Sep-07, 19:22
Julia-you will never get away with that one- but its no that bad an idea;)

canuck
22-Sep-07, 20:53
As one who did my fair share of parking around Wick Old Parish Church I had no idea that there were laws being broken. Somehow I doubt that others have any idea that they are in no parking zones.

Alice in Blunderland
22-Sep-07, 21:35
As one who did my fair share of parking around Wick Old Parish Church I had no idea that there were laws being broken. Somehow I doubt that others have any idea that they are in no parking zones.

No Parking zones :lol: goodness Canuck I have seen the cars outside the Parish parked right on the corner, on the pavement and right up to the pearly gates themselves :eek: all joking aside those with disabilities need to be close and if the parking isnt breaking the law fine. Realy though I think the drive through idea could catch on save any of us having to debate it on here....lol

Riffman
22-Sep-07, 22:41
Oh dear, some poor cruiser has his circuit disrupted....didums.....