PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Candles @ The Kiln Store

WeeBurd
19-Sep-07, 20:10
Ladies, if you like your house to have that lovely yet elusive "welcoming scent of home"(:lol:), then may I recommend that you take your nose (and purse!) over to The Kiln Store in Thurso, where they have a huge range of very lovely Yankee Candles. They smell good enough to eat, and the scents come in various forms, from tealights, wax tarts, small sampler candles, or the big strapping housewarmers. I have found the fragrances of this brand to be really long lasting - the scent lingers hours, even days, after the candle has been put out, so I think they're really good value for money too. As an additional bonus, you'll receive a loyalty card, and every time you purchase £10 worth of their products, you'll receive a stamp - once you have 10 stamps, you'll get to pick free Yankee Candle goodies to the value of £10. Super. :D

ashaw1
19-Sep-07, 21:27
I totally agree! Have come across these before and i must admit some of them smell good enough to eat. The bigger ones can be quite expensive but they last ages and are worth the money. You can even get the scents as car air freshners.

Thumper
19-Sep-07, 22:16
The loyalty card must be a new thing as I have bought loads of yankee candles from the kiln store and haven't been offered one :( what a pity as I maut have spent well over £70 so far....oh well its an excuse to go buy more I suppose :) x

Buttercup
19-Sep-07, 23:46
Totally agree with you Weeburd, highly recommended. Only problem is choosing which ones you want you can spend ages sniffing them all and the staff never hassle you. I think my favourites are Baby Powder, Sandalwood, Island Sun, Home Sweet Home, Sun & Sand, Morroccan Rose, Greenhouse ............. it's no good, I just can't pick one, the list is endless! :lol:

WeeBurd
20-Sep-07, 00:08
Ashaw1 - the wee car ones are also handy for hanging in small places, like porches/halls, cloakrooms etc ;).

Thumper - like we need an excuse to buy more, lol.

Buttercup - thanks for the suggestions. I have Home Sweet Home here for MrBurd (he loves the cinnamon ones!), but my own favourite so far is definitely Clean Cotton, I can't get enough of it [lol]!

dirdyweeker
24-Sep-07, 19:03
I to have bought lots from there and love them but have never heard of a loyalty card........
With Christmas coming some of my favourite smells will be purchased from there. I love the spicy Christmas ones.:D

lady penelope
25-Sep-07, 13:42
They also sell Woodwick candles. They crackle like a real fire! and smell wonderful. They are great for gifts.:D [hint hint]:D

henry20
26-Sep-07, 10:55
I like the bridgewater candles - especially the pomegranate one! Was surprised how long they lasted. Love the pomegranate sachets too. yum

xx_chickie
09-Oct-07, 13:29
Mmmm, I love Clean Cotton! I bought the largest jar candle avaliable in Clean Cotton and burn it loads, the only problem is, I don't get the scent from it as much as I did with the scent 'sachet'... I'm burning it for the minimum 3 hours and it's definitely not my sense of smell! The mystery remains!..

nightowl
10-Oct-07, 00:57
We were in Gail's Giftbox, Bridge Street, Wick, today, and she also has a lovely selection of Yankee candles. Lots of Christmassy things are on show too. Well worth a visit!

henry20
10-Oct-07, 09:19
Mmmm, I love Clean Cotton! I bought the largest jar candle avaliable in Clean Cotton and burn it loads, the only problem is, I don't get the scent from it as much as I did with the scent 'sachet'... I'm burning it for the minimum 3 hours and it's definitely not my sense of smell! The mystery remains!..

I think when you burn it regularly, you don't notice it so much. I found that with the pomegranate one, then I stopped using it for a while - when I went and lit it again, the smell was back. I think I'd just been so used to it that I stopped noticing it! :lol:

gunnlass
10-Oct-07, 15:47
I agree definately worth the money for those candles, they are also on sale in Temptations in the precinct.

Alice in Blunderland
10-Oct-07, 19:27
Just back from the kiln store today having purchased some of these candles as a gift for a friend she loved them.:) They smelt lovely.

karia
29-Oct-07, 22:37
Hi Weeburd, Thumper, et al,

Bought a new Yankee candle today..'Sunwashed linen'

MMmm!..Very nice!:)

kariax

Anne x
30-Oct-07, 00:30
try woodwick candles now just amazing they crackle you get them at the Kiln Store

WeeBurd
30-Oct-07, 00:39
Hi Weeburd, Thumper, et al,

Bought a new Yankee candle today..'Sunwashed linen'

MMmm!..Very nice!

kariax

Yep, it reminds me a little of Dove soap - clean & soapy. I stocked up at the weekend, so I'm currently enjoying my Clean Cotton again, but I am looking forward to trying some of the festive ones in the coming weeks...
Frankincense & Myrrh and Jack Frost smell nice, but haven't burned them yet. I did try the Sparkling Angel, but it wasn't for me (MammaBurd loved it though :D).

gem1982
05-Nov-07, 02:13
I heard that they were having a 10% off day for yankee candles but dont know when it is - can anyone help?