PDA

View Full Version : What if you change about Caithness?

Tristan
19-Sep-07, 18:10
Caithness has a lot to offer however if you could change one thing about Caithness what would it be?
It could be bringing something into Caithness, upgrading facilities, or taking something out of Caithness. If you like it can even be something fanciful like putting a mountain in the county.
So everyone what would you change and why?

Thumper
19-Sep-07, 18:16
The gossips :) life would be pretty perfect without them lol x

johno
19-Sep-07, 18:18
the diabolical weather would be the first thing i would change. :(
every thing thing else i can live with, cept for maybe the scum thats taking the drugs into the county,[disgust]

angela5
19-Sep-07, 18:22
The gossips :) life would be pretty perfect without them lol x

What, make them disappear. There would be hardly anyone left..:lol:Bliss!

Thumper
19-Sep-07, 18:25
What, make them disappear. There would be hardly anyone left..:lol:Bliss!

LMAO! Yip Angela5 life would be pretty good then eh?Mind you it would be very quiet up here then like you said :D x

Rheghead
19-Sep-07, 18:27
I would bring a contract to Vulcan NRTE to test materials for neutron embrittlement to support the build for the Nuclear fusion reactor in France. This will secure the 300 jobs there as it is set to close in 2013, 7 years earlier than expected

botheed
19-Sep-07, 18:35
i think we could do with a crematorium[spelling?]

johno
19-Sep-07, 18:37
thought we nearly had a crematorium at vulcan.

Highland Laddie
19-Sep-07, 18:41
thought we nearly had a crematorium at vulcan.

Or

Thought we had a crematorium near Vulcan !!!

rockchick
19-Sep-07, 19:02
I would make it 200 miles closer to everything else!

brokencross
19-Sep-07, 20:35
Couldn't have put it better rockchick......bring it nearer to "civilisation".

Saveman
19-Sep-07, 20:47
Why not bring civilisation nearer to us?? It's them that's far away not us!

;)

peter macdonald
19-Sep-07, 20:49
Yes Thumper Like you I would get rid of the gossips and the most dangerous of all Caithness species the "Thur" as in "Thur saying" That species has caused more misery and hurt than any other in our county by a long way . The "Thur" has a tongue like a serpent and a brain of pure evil It can be found in places as diverse as pubs to the Coop from coffee shops to the kirk Aye its a terrible thing and one I would gladly see becoming extinct but Im not hopefull
PM

Anne x
19-Sep-07, 21:27
the wind of all kinds !!! Types that blow and types that talk !!!

Murchiemannie
19-Sep-07, 21:58
Gotta go with rock chic on this one , get rid of the Berridale braes and bring on a dual carrigeway so us exiles (oldies at that) can manage to pop "home" oftener for a visit to the old town.

horseman
19-Sep-07, 22:05
peter,wonder what you would replace this 'extinct'-an thats a frightful concept for any species-as they keep telling me there is no minus with out a plus
An I hope to GOD there is no party bias here-but as I say, you would ban the concept of 'thur saying' an substitute?? an would you make your ban worldwide?

ber219
19-Sep-07, 22:10
Hey its ok saying you want a dual carriage way running through berriedale, however spare a thought for us who live here.....we dont want another eyesore thankyou!

phil1958
19-Sep-07, 22:17
I would sack the councilers that voted the A9 to go to thurso when wick is a royal burgh and thurso is not take the A9 back to wick as it is a growing town even the city developers can see wick is the place to develop :D:D

angela5
19-Sep-07, 22:21
Hey its ok saying you want a dual carriage way running through berriedale, however spare a thought for us who live here.....we dont want another eyesore thankyou!

What eyesores do you have in Berriedale?

peter macdonald
19-Sep-07, 22:30
Horseman I would make the "Thurs" disappear of this and all other planets Extinction is too good a term really for a "Thur" The big problem though is they have the power to become invisable when challenged ie When asked who or where was the "Thur" who was creating such evil its always " I dont know "
"Doon e street" was a favourite habitat for a"Thur"
PM

Julia
19-Sep-07, 22:37
I would add to Caithness something wonderful and exciting for kids of 'all' ages to visit, full days out, lots to do and not expensive!

Kenn
20-Sep-07, 00:54
I would change little in Caithness but would love to see some of the old buildings restored and not left to go to rack and ruin.
I would like to see more done to promote eco-tourism as there is so much on offer.
I would like to be able to afford to fly direct to Wick without having to take out a second mortgage!
I agree that there should be more provision for the young, I have never come across an "Outward Bound," centre or anything like a proper sports facility with all weather surfaces and indoor courts,gym etc.
I would also like to see the arts and crafts of the county promoted on a national scale.
I would n't change the folk for anything, they are warm, humorous, generous and proud of what they are, yes I agree that in a rural area you will always get those who tittle tattle and what they don't know they will fabricate but that is not unique to this county.
The sheer remoteness of the place, the contrasting fabric of the county is what keeps us coming back along with the more than generous welcome we have had over the last 25yrs.

katarina
20-Sep-07, 12:11
Gotta go with rock chic on this one , get rid of the Berridale braes and bring on a dual carrigeway so us exiles (oldies at that) can manage to pop "home" oftener for a visit to the old town.

Making the north more accessable would have it's advantages - but that would be far outstripped by the disadvantages in my humble opinion. People move here for the peace and quiet and relative low crime rate. Thur, or his relatives unfortunately inhabit all small communities, fed by small minds. Advice is; stop feeding him and he might go away!

Dadie
20-Sep-07, 12:18
i would remove the midgies apart from that the extortionate extra charges applied to deliverys up here (because we are on an island)

everything else is good!