PDA

View Full Version : Could I have 4 minutes and 29 seconds of your time ?? ..

Camel Spider
19-Sep-07, 03:40
I know it is not the most popular topic but I was sent this link ..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jtl5kmWrFLg

.. earlier on today. I know it is not the most popular topic here on the org but I was moved to tears by this, and not just because I knew one of the fallen.

Considering that Caithness has recently sent her sons to this particular operational theater all I ask is 4 minutes and 29 seconds of your time and a moment of remembrance .. for whom is obvious if you watch .. :~(

It will be appreciated.

Thank you.

CS.

anneoctober
19-Sep-07, 04:52
We all need something like this, to appreciate the people behind the smiles and how much they've given for their country and the huge loss to their families.:~(

sam
19-Sep-07, 08:03
Its things like this that bring home the reality of it all, I think we tend to forget just how much these lads give and how much their families loss, most of them no more than kids :~(

golach
19-Sep-07, 08:50
Thanks CS for bringing this to the .Orgs attention, IMO our guys have been pushed off the .Org by media hyped issues about missing children.

Lolabelle
19-Sep-07, 09:21
I watched this video and kept going to stop it as it was too hard to watch. But the least I can do for them and their families is to watch and acknowlegde the sacrifices made.
Thank You.

helenwyler
19-Sep-07, 09:22
Thanks Camel Spider for bringing this to our attention. So moving.

We should always remember the people and families behind the politics, the ones that take the brunt and often lose their young lives.

Thumper
19-Sep-07, 09:23
This is indeed a worthy piece of film CS and definately worth bringing to our attention.I think too many of us forget simply because we don't have close family or friends involved in this! We all need to remember just how many have given their lives standing up for our country...even if we don't agree with why they are there in the 1st place x

paris
19-Sep-07, 09:41
I agree with all the above comments, we need something like this to jog the memory and not forget our lads out there, not that we do forget but things like this makes you actually think about it more. Does anyone know the music that goes with the film ?? Jan x

highlander
19-Sep-07, 10:12
Thank you for that very moving film, its so sad to see so many young faces, the papers write and tell us what is happening but im sure is nothing like what real hardships they have to go through, my own son has been to iraq and is due to go to afganistan next year and cant bare the thought. I dont know if everyone read in the papers yesterday that the troops are no longer supplied with pyjamas when they are shipped back to this country when they have been injured, the canadian army lends them to at least give them men some digenty, another cut back from our own british goverment!!!

nanoo
19-Sep-07, 11:22
Thank you cs for bringing this film to the org. It was a most touching reminder of the horrors our lads and lassies live with on a daily basis, not to mention a fitting memorial to them. I think all of us know someone who has a soldier in the family fighting out there in a dangerous world. So sad do i feel at this momernt for the families of the fallen. May god bless them all.

ber219
19-Sep-07, 11:48
Rest in Peace. You are all heroes.

johno
19-Sep-07, 11:55
yes we all should see this film and we all should never foget the sacrifices that the service men & women make. i myself am humbled.

rockchick
19-Sep-07, 13:29
Thanks for this. Worth seeing.

As an accompaniment to the preceding video...can I suggest viewing the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlrrAWCTRg

It's just a pittance of time...

nanoo
19-Sep-07, 14:28
Hi rockchick, if the guy shown at the checkout was for real, he should well hang his head in shame. That was a lovely tribute and well worth listening to. As you say a pittance of time. Whats two minutes in the scheme of things eh? We don't know how lucky we are do we?

rockchick
19-Sep-07, 15:59
Hi rockchick, if the guy shown at the checkout was for real, he should well hang his head in shame. That was a lovely tribute and well worth listening to. As you say a pittance of time. Whats two minutes in the scheme of things eh? We don't know how lucky we are do we?

My understanding is that the song was written based on that scenario witnessed by the writer, so yes, it's based on a real person.

anneoctober
20-Sep-07, 02:31
Thank you for that very moving film, its so sad to see so many young faces, the papers write and tell us what is happening but im sure is nothing like what real hardships they have to go through, my own son has been to iraq and is due to go to afganistan next year and cant bare the thought. I dont know if everyone read in the papers yesterday that the troops are no longer supplied with pyjamas when they are shipped back to this country when they have been injured, the canadian army lends them to at least give them men some digenty, another cut back from our own british goverment!!!
I did n't see this highlander, but if there is any grain of truth in it, I think it's a damn disgrace. [disgust] You should be rightly proud of your son though. :)

bluelady
20-Sep-07, 11:31
its so sad these youngters are still having to go to war, I hope all the generations will remember and respect their memories. My own uncle died on HMS Royal Oak on the 13/10/1939 aged 19 and we go to Orkney every year for the memorial. Pics like that really bring it home:cry:

flash
24-Sep-07, 14:29
CS, thanks, a moving video, not just Iraq, but several faces from Afghanistan there too. Its worth remembering the sacrifices that were made in the past and continue to be made to this day.

badger
24-Sep-07, 18:37
Thanks for both those videos. Long ago monarchs led their troops into battle and risked everything with them. I often wonder how keen governments would be to go to war if those who take the decision had to personally fight or, even worse, send their own children. We do not treat our armed forces nearly as well as we should and it's a disgrace when people cannot even stop for a couple of minutes to think about those who have died in their name or come home maimed in some way.

Wouldn't it be good if just for once the whole of the UK stopped for those 2 minutes and kept silent?

wifie
24-Sep-07, 18:38
Thank you Camel Spider and Rockchick.