PDA

View Full Version : john lennon northern lights festival

CFM
18-Sep-07, 20:44
just been looking at the website for the festival at Durness on 28/29/30 sept. Looks like being a really good weekend. We are running a competition all week to give away 3 pairs of tickets - phone in (01847 890000) and tell us what age john lennon would be this year if he was still alive and you could get two tickets for the date of your choice

ywindythesecond
18-Sep-07, 22:45
just been looking at the website for the festival at Durness on 28/29/30 sept. Looks like being a really good weekend. We are running a competition all week to give away 3 pairs of tickets - phone in (01847 890000) and tell us what age john lennon would be this year if he was still alive and you could get two tickets for the date of your choice
what is the website address please, I have seen the posters an it looks very interesting
ywindythesecond

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Sep-07, 22:55
Out of all the festivals I've been to this year, this one looks set to be the best. Smoo Rocks!

webmannie
18-Sep-07, 23:07
Link is @ bottom left hand corner http://www.northhighlandsscotland.com/

connieb19
19-Sep-07, 17:57
I thought I read somewhere this was cancelled due to safety reasons. :confused

Aaldtimer
19-Sep-07, 19:53
I think that only applied to the gig they were planning actually inside the Smoo Cave.

Jeid
19-Sep-07, 20:01
It's still definitely on aye, I'll be up to play... shameless plug, Astronot are playing at it ;)

Aaldtimer
21-Sep-07, 19:49
Refresh to top of page.

Victoria
21-Sep-07, 22:15
I'm going!!!!! come and say hello!

nicnak
25-Sep-07, 17:35
Just curious who won tickets to the festival then - is CFM going to list those who won?
Its looks like a brill line up lets hope the weather holds off.

Aaldtimer
25-Sep-07, 20:47
The draw will take place tonight and be announced around 10:30 PM. Last chance for entries up to 10:00PM!

katarina
25-Sep-07, 21:26

that's definately just the one in smoo cave - seems there's a fear that too much noise will cause rocks to fall....
everything else is still on.

Mr P Cannop
26-Sep-07, 05:14
who won the competition ??

nicnak
26-Sep-07, 19:40
missed the announcement who won ?????

Aaldtimer
26-Sep-07, 20:24
Don't really think it would be appropriate to name the winners on a public forum, but there were 2 from Thurso and 1 from Wick...sorry Paul, you weren't one of the winners.

katarina
04-Oct-07, 12:23
It was a brilliant weekend, fantastic weather, top musicians, plenty food stalls. what more can i say? they are thinking of making it a yearly event - if so - i recommend you all go!

Flyermonkey
04-Oct-07, 12:31
It was indeed a fantastic and very special event. It would be great if they did it again next year, so maybe a bit of encouragement would be good...

So, for everyone that enjoyed the John Lennon Festival (and for everyone who would like to enjoy it next time) it has just been nominated in two categories in the music festival equivalent of the Oscars - best new festival and most fan friendly festival awards.

To add your vote click here

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/awards

and tell everyone you know that went. Support your local-ish festival and all that!

katarina
04-Oct-07, 18:31
It was indeed a fantastic and very special event. It would be great if they did it again next year, so maybe a bit of encouragement would be good...

So, for everyone that enjoyed the John Lennon Festival (and for everyone who would like to enjoy it next time) it has just been nominated in two categories in the music festival equivalent of the Oscars - best new festival and most fan friendly festival awards.

To add your vote click here

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/awards

and tell everyone you know that went. Support your local-ish festival and all that!

It won't let me log in or register.

Flyermonkey
04-Oct-07, 18:43
Hmm, thats not good. The link works okay with me?

The register / log in box appears as a pop-up. Do you have a pop-up blocker on maybe?