PDA

View Full Version : please help...i broke a window!

pirateeye
18-Sep-07, 18:56
ok so i kinda had a little accident tonight and a window got broken. its a small window pane, one of 5 in a door, the bottom one. i think it's about a foot square.

does anyone have any idea on cost to get it fixed? anyone local know anyone who could fix it, is it complicated? i am hoping it won't cost lots to fix....thinking round £30/40 or am i way out?
:(

SandTiger
18-Sep-07, 20:04
Was the glass held in by putty or beading (bits of wood)?

Julia
18-Sep-07, 20:30
It should be easy enough to replace yourself if you have some basic DIY skills, Shearers in Wick can cut you a piece of glass the size andy pattern you require, it's then just a case of removing the old putty or beading and fitting the glass, if it was held in by beading you can reuse it if carefully removed.

Here's a link to a website with some handy tips
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/h2replaceawindow

I've replaced a broken pane so if I can do it anyone can :lol:

moncur
18-Sep-07, 21:44
ok so i kinda had a little accident tonight and a window got broken. its a small window pane, one of 5 in a door, the bottom one. i think it's about a foot square.

does anyone have any idea on cost to get it fixed? anyone local know anyone who could fix it, is it complicated? i am hoping it won't cost lots to fix....thinking round £30/40 or am i way out?
:(

Is this one of them 'before my parents get back from holiday' situations?

pirateeye
19-Sep-07, 11:07
thanks julia
no parents were out shopping and....leaving out most the details basically i locked the door and my sister put her knee through the window...not on purpose though...she was trying to open thr locked door...without a key:lol:
and the glass is held in by wood.

pirateeye
19-Sep-07, 21:34
ok it's fixed!!
phew!:D

canuck
19-Sep-07, 23:11
Well done!