PDA

View Full Version : Personal Ambition

thefugitive1993
18-Sep-07, 15:05
In two and a half years time, I plan to haul my old aching body (and the young achless bodies of my family) to retirement in sunnier climes. Nothing wrong with these climes, I just somehow imagine the grass will be greener (metaphorically speaking) on a Mediterranean island. Of course I'll visit periodically, always tanned, and with a certain smug look.
What do others see as their ultimate goal?

canuck
18-Sep-07, 15:13
Oh gosh! Did I get it wrong? I recently moved this "able to see retirement on the horizon" body to Edinburgh.

I never consider the Mediterranean. But I don't tan very well so maybe this is a better place for me to be. I can visit the old homestead with a new accent and wow them that way. Mind you, I will have to settle for less than my first choice on that one. Not much Caithnessian spoken here.

thefugitive1993
18-Sep-07, 15:21
Oh gosh! Did I get it wrong? I recently moved this "able to see retirement on the horizon" body to Edinburgh.

I never consider the Mediterranean. But I don't tan very well so maybe this is a better place for me to be. I can visit the old homestead with a new accent and wow them that way. Mind you, I will have to settle for less than my first choice on that one. Not much Caithnessian spoken here.

My much more intelligent sister lives in Edinburgh, so you probably have it about right.

Anne x
18-Sep-07, 15:32
For now not to move house again or Counties and if I do hopefully it will be back North and be happy wherever I am

Thumper
18-Sep-07, 15:37
I would love to live in Canada...maybe someday :) x

Ash
18-Sep-07, 15:40
to finish my college course, get a business up and running and have a baby

nanoo
18-Sep-07, 15:51
to be able to visit my brother in Australia. Ah well maybe some day. Oh! and the lottery win to make it possible te he.:lol:

sm@rtyp@nts
18-Sep-07, 15:56
I'd like to go to University, somewhere away from home for a few years, then find a well-suited career with decent money. And eventually get a house and have a family, but im only 16 so i've plenty of time lol:)

Camel Spider
18-Sep-07, 16:38
I am saving to go here .. www.thundercity.com (http://www.thundercity.com) .. in Cape Town.

On track for next March or April for a flight in a Lightning, cant wait to head away from mother earth at around 40,000ft a minute and then go supersonic once I am up there.

johno
18-Sep-07, 17:01
well i,ve got a 100 things to do before i die wish list, and there is only four things left outstanding. walk on China,s Great Wall. see the Grand Canyon. see the Victoria Falls. get to the top of the CN tower in Toronto.
reckon it wont be long before it,s all done with a good few years to spare hope fully, Can add the Eiffel Tower then and a couple of extras

thefugitive1993
18-Sep-07, 17:17
Every ambition mighty impressive, but as a boy, Camel spider's and Johno's are making me re-evaluate!

Rheghead
18-Sep-07, 17:40
I've applied for a job that will take me away from Caithness and back to my homeland. It is a career move that will elevate me to a top English eco-warrior, something I will really want to do and something that needs to be done. That is my goal.:Razz

thefugitive1993
18-Sep-07, 17:49
I've applied for a job that will take me away from Caithness and back to my homeland. It is a carrer move that will elevate me to being a top English eco-warrior, something I will really want to do and something that needs to be done. That is my goal.:Razz

Your homeland being?

karia
18-Sep-07, 18:39
Hi folks,

I am actually pretty devoid of personal ambition.

I seek to do all that I do to the best of my abilities, but would be happy if me and mine were to live out long and happy lives and be remembered warmly.

Perhaps I lack drive!;)

karia