PDA

View Full Version : the journey begins

dunderheed
18-Sep-07, 09:58
as a follow up to my "parting is such sweet sorrow "thread , just to let you know my travels begin today . i'm off to shetland this afternoon. sailing to orkney then flying to lerwick. i will be away for a week so wont be online , i'll catch up when i'm home next week

golach
18-Sep-07, 10:04
as a follow up to my "parting is such sweet sorrow "thread , just to let you know my travels begin today . i'm off to shetland this afternoon. sailing to orkney then flying to lerwick. i will be away for a week so wont be online , i'll catch up when i'm home next week
Have a good time dunderheed

thefugitive1993
18-Sep-07, 10:31

As a (hypothetical) traveller moves at a velocity, which gets closer to the speed of light, time will pass more slowly for him/her and those left behind will age more rapidly.
In fact, in some calculations, space and time cannot be separated and are referred to together as space time. The notion that space itself is curved neatly answers the question asked by my daughter this morning, "What is at the end of the sky?"
Depending on the rate at which you travel, the route which you follow, and how you measure a week, you may return to a very different world, and it may not even be realistic to expect this website to exist.
I hope it is not too late for you to factor these facts into your arrangements!

helenwyler
18-Sep-07, 10:46
Enjoy your new life Dunderheed:)!

I wouldn't mind a week in Shetland...don't forget your hat![lol]