PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phones

romaruk
06-Aug-05, 16:47
Hi All

My family and I will be moving to Caithness in a couple of months to live. We holidayed there and found our mobile phones were near useless.

Has anyone used a network that they feel gives them a good signal in most places????

Any info would be appreciated.

Steve & Jan

BazzaG
06-Aug-05, 17:53
Hi Steve i would highly recommend O2, I have never had any probs with there network in Caithness

Tristan
06-Aug-05, 17:54
Hi All

My family and I will be moving to Caithness in a couple of months to live. We holidayed there and found our mobile phones were near useless.

Has anyone used a network that they feel gives them a good signal in most places????

Any info would be appreciated.

Steve & Jan

Welcome to Caithness! You're right, some phones get absolutely no signal, however Vodaphone works for us.

champagnebaby
06-Aug-05, 18:38
I'd recommend o2 or Vodafone, i've had both and got an excellent reception with them.

Zambo
06-Aug-05, 19:51
I have always used O2, and have never had a problem. I always have a signal, when friends and family haven't been able to get a signal on their networks!

captain chaos
06-Aug-05, 20:27
Either Vodafone or O2 should be okay as they both tend to share the same masts up here. Orange and others have there own masts but less of them.

bacardibabe
06-Aug-05, 22:13
i have vodafone and no probs here at all.

mentallywinnie
07-Aug-05, 00:43
I found (Up the Ormile end) in Thurso that I could only get an O2 signal in one corner of one room [mad]

I've now gone over to T-Mobile and can use the phone throught the house?!?

Geo
07-Aug-05, 14:44
Tried a few networks. Have been with O2 for the last few years which works really well. I'd say they edge it for best coverage. Orange is pretty good too. A friend runs a load of Orange contracts for his business which involves keeping in touch with his drivers around the county and he's stuck with them for years.

I've had problems with T-Mobile though. Poor coverage, network errors when there is coverage that sort of thing.

cezzy1234
07-Aug-05, 16:40
i seggest you uose vodaphone it has the best reception up heare

moose and Lindsay
08-Aug-05, 15:15
I had an Orange phone when i lived in Springpark and i couldn't get a signal at all, til i got to the dammies, then the signal was fine!!

I recommend O2 aswell, i always have a signal, never any problems :o)

Lindsay

Fran
09-Aug-05, 00:07
i have vodaphone and have had no problems at all ....except driving up from Helmsdale at the bends, can never get a signal there!! welcome to Caithness :lol:

romaruk
10-Aug-05, 20:36
Sorry for the delay in answering your replies. Many Thanks to you all. We will be certainly getting O2.

Hope the sale of our house goes to plan, then I can be with my wife and stepson in Caithness. It's nice to see the community spirit.

Steve & Jan

Riffman
13-Aug-05, 11:48
My Vodaphone has 100% coverage, but my Virgin Mobile only about 75%.

sandie
25-Oct-05, 13:14
hi i have had a vodaphone but some times the signal can be down it just depends but its not all the time.

i also recomend o2 it is brill and you also get you'r 300 free text messages with a geniue sim card.

WELCOME TO CAITHNESS

pedromcgrory
25-Oct-05, 17:33
if your fones unlocked gie me bell plenty off 02 sim cards il gie u some for free to try email me pedromcgrory@aol.com

sandie
25-Oct-05, 18:05
hey how much do you want for 2 or 3 o2 sim's

pedromcgrory
25-Oct-05, 22:58
3 pund each do u a deal 3 for 10 pound

pedromcgrory
25-Oct-05, 22:59
sorry il gie u 4 for 10 pound im still in agony not thinking straight ,teethache .

pedromcgrory
25-Oct-05, 23:41
email me pedromcgrory@aol.com i have 100 dreds