PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Seeking Business Premises

ashaw1
17-Sep-07, 17:27
As most of you 'regulars' will know i run a business hiring out commercial chocolate fountains for weddings etc. I am desperately looking for a small office/storage space, even a small shop. My equipment is rapidly out growing my house and there is only so much paperwork you can pile on a small computer desk. I am looking for somewhere with a reasonable rent and must be within commuting distance of Wick. I would prefer a small shop but as long as the space is clean and secure and ideally on ground level as some of my equipment is quite heavy i am really not too fussy. Have continually checked the pages here and have checked the web but found nothing. Really need to find something soon as this is starting to hold my business back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

telfordstar
17-Sep-07, 20:50
As most of you 'regulars' will know i run a business hiring out commercial chocolate fountains for weddings etc. I am desperately looking for a small office/storage space, even a small shop. My equipment is rapidly out growing my house and there is only so much paperwork you can pile on a small computer desk. I am looking for somewhere with a reasonable rent and must be within commuting distance of Wick. I would prefer a small shop but as long as the space is clean and secure and ideally on ground level as some of my equipment is quite heavy i am really not too fussy. Have continually checked the pages here and have checked the web but found nothing. Really need to find something soon as this is starting to hold my business back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

how about patty cooks old shoe shop at the corner of argyle square might be worth enquiring about :D

TRUCKER
17-Sep-07, 21:37
I think he is the fire safety officer his office is beside gmr hendersons at the harbour u should be able to get him there.

ashaw1
17-Sep-07, 21:44
Thanks for the replies guys! That shop was my first choice and i did make enquiries. Unfortunately it looks like that shop is going to be converted into a flat.

telfordstar
17-Sep-07, 22:41
Thanks for the replies guys! That shop was my first choice and i did make enquiries. Unfortunately it looks like that shop is going to be converted into a flat.

ahh never thats a shame i thought it would of been an ideal space for your business was going to say what about the old victoria wine shop on bridge street but maybe it might be a bit expensive only other empty business premises i can think of right now is the shop across from the south school not sure whats hapening with it but sure its empty :D

nicnak
17-Sep-07, 23:00
what about the shop that is down the alley from harolds butchers in wick?, it backs on to the carpark bitty infront of the Reel thing, last time it was up for rent it was through yourng robertsons.

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 08:35
Thanks for the info. Will look into it.

NLP
18-Sep-07, 09:49
I think the shop across from Patty Cooks is empty it used to be the Argos pick up point.

dunderheed
18-Sep-07, 09:56
dont know if this is any good to you but have you thought of possibly seeing the old pet shop in thurso , the guy who owns it has millers copyshop next to somerfield in thurso, or up next to the rsmccolls shop in ormlie they have a space with a to let sign outside it (between mccolls and the shelina spice)

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 10:37
Is the shop opposite Pattys not a councillor's office ?

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 10:44
what about the shop that is down the alley from harolds butchers in wick?, it backs on to the carpark bitty infront of the Reel thing, last time it was up for rent it was through yourng robertsons.
Have just checked this one out and unfortunately looks like someone has beaten me to it. Thanks for the info, didn't even realise that shop existed!

erli
18-Sep-07, 11:23
What about the old video shop on High St, above Morags Cafe. Maybe it is being used for something else or the buildings beside D Stevens at the harbour. I seem to remember the place beside Wendys in Breadalbane was up for sale or rent, maybe it's gone by now.
Hope you find somewhere.

erli
18-Sep-07, 11:27
Or the old computer shop in Back Bridge St.

johno
18-Sep-07, 12:26
how about the shop in huddart street that used to house the piercing lady. [ jabs or jags] ?
think it was the plumbers b 4 that. try Boo Carter in Green rd, he owns that
good luck

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 12:55
how about the shop in huddart street that used to house the piercing lady. [ jabs or jags] ?
good luck
Thanks for jogging my memory, i thought about that one a couple of days ago and had since forgotten it again!. Does he work at Green Road or does he live there?

erli
18-Sep-07, 13:08
good luck

I have seen people gutting that building recently, he may not own it anymore.

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 14:20
I have seen people gutting that building recently, he may not own it anymore.
Seem to remember seeing that myself now i think about it. Rules that one out then!

Julia
18-Sep-07, 14:29
What about a unit at the industrial estate?

Lucy
18-Sep-07, 15:00
The Pet Shop in Henrietta St had a closing down sale and is looking for new owners. - Check with Georgeson solicitors.

NLP
18-Sep-07, 15:30
Is the shop opposite Pattys not a councillor's office ?
next door on the corner was argos pick up

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 16:36
No wonder there are empty shops along the main street in Wick. The rents are huge and don't really allow for the locals who might like to set up a 'wee' business. The old Victoria Wine shop is £200 per week and that's before rates are added.

johno
18-Sep-07, 16:37
Gibbie.s shop in coach road.??

telfordstar
18-Sep-07, 20:19
No wonder there are empty shops along the main street in Wick. The rents are huge and don't really allow for the locals who might like to set up a 'wee' business. The old Victoria Wine shop is £200 per week and that's before rates are added.

wow thats pretty bad i was going to say what about the old a&d shop at the top of harbour hill

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 20:28
wow thats pretty bad i was going to say what about the old a&d shop at the top of harbour hill
I thought that shop had been sold and was destined to be an Indian Restaurant or flats. Will pop down and have a wee look at the coach road shop tomorrow. A few of you have mentioned that one.

telfordstar
18-Sep-07, 21:02
I thought that shop had been sold and was destined to be an Indian Restaurant or flats. Will pop down and have a wee look at the coach road shop tomorrow. A few of you have mentioned that one.

ahh right enough did hear something about that but havna seen anyone at it so thought maybe it was untrue. hope you find something soon keep us poated on how you are getin on with it all :D

ashaw1
18-Sep-07, 21:42
Will do! Thanks for all the suggestions! What would we do without you?

Julia
18-Sep-07, 21:48
Gibbie.s shop in coach road.??

Or 'Janet's' round the corner on Louisburgh Street, it's been empty for years

KCI
18-Sep-07, 22:48
Or 'Janet's' round the corner on Louisburgh Street, it's been empty for years

I wonder if there is something going on with Janet's old shop Julia? I saw some workmen in there recently, but I could be wrong.......

angela5
19-Sep-07, 09:23
I wonder if there is something going on with Janet's old shop Julia? I saw some workmen in there recently, but I could be wrong.......

Yes, i noticed workmen in there yesterday.

The premises across from patty cooks is offices, an MP has one part and Wick Academy has the other.

telfordstar
19-Sep-07, 12:26

think its getting turned into a beauty salon kinda place that was the last update that i heard about it:D

Westside
19-Sep-07, 16:51
If you consider John O' Groats within commuting distance then there's an ad in the Courier today (page 16) that may be of interest. Small industrial unit for lease, says £1,500 pa which seems cheap.

Highland Laddie
19-Sep-07, 16:54
The Pet Shop in Henrietta St had a closing down sale and is looking for new owners. - Check with Georgeson solicitors.

This shop seems to have been closing down for months now,
reduced prices maybe brought customers back
so they have just kept trading.

angela5
19-Sep-07, 17:07
This shop seems to have been closing down for months now,
reduced prices maybe brought customers back
so they have just kept trading.

If they had kept their prices low at the beginning then the threat of closing down may not have happened. Just because another business of the same nature opens up does not mean one has to close.

ashaw1
19-Sep-07, 21:23
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with this. Hopefully i might now have found somewhere. Fingers crossed!

telfordstar
19-Sep-07, 21:31
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with this. Hopefully i might now have found somewhere. Fingers crossed!

hope it works out for you keep us posted on how your gettin on:D