PDA

View Full Version : Room for yoga

Anji
17-Sep-07, 16:51
Hello everyone. I'm a qualified yoga teacher looking for suitable rooms for my classes. I have the people ready to join the classes, just nowhere to have them! Can anyone help?

botheed
17-Sep-07, 18:24
youth club wick

Anji
18-Sep-07, 10:11
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've just tried there, and they don't have any spare rooms.

Thumper
18-Sep-07, 10:15
Depends on where and when you want them Shona.F....The Drill Hall in castletown lets out the small hall or the big one for very reasonable prices (I think!)Or in Thurso you could try the legion,the dounreay club or the scout hall?I am not sure whether these places do all rent out rooms but it's worth a try.Good Luck x

Anji
18-Sep-07, 13:46
I already have a class in Castletown Drill Hall, and I've so far made three attempts at speaking to the person in charge of letting the hall at the Legion in Thurso. I'll certainly consider your other two suggestions, though. Thanks for taking the time to suggest them. I'm looking for warm rooms and halls in the Thurso/Wick area for daytime and evening classes.

Thumper
18-Sep-07, 15:39
let us know how you get on...also times places for your classes as I would be interested....as soon as I am able bodied again :( x

Dreamweaver
18-Sep-07, 17:18
Would Bower hall be of any use. Don't know who you would need to contact.

Murdina Bug
19-Sep-07, 09:19
I don't know if you have considered using places that have meeting or conference rooms rather than halls? For example the Pentland Hotel, Thurso or Mackay's Hotel, Wick. I have no idea what they would charge but they should be able to come to a nominal arrangement for just use of space surely?

Anji
19-Sep-07, 12:37
Will do. Let me know when you're up and running, and look out for my posters.

let us know how you get on...also times places for your classes as I would be interested....as soon as I am able bodied again :( x

Anji
19-Sep-07, 12:40
I have considered them, but those places can rarely provide a room on a weekly basis, as the rooms are sometimes needed for functions. Thanks for taking the time to suggest it, anyway.

I don't know if you have considered using places that have meeting or conference rooms rather than halls? For example the Pentland Hotel, Thurso or Mackay's Hotel, Wick. I have no idea what they would charge but they should be able to come to a nominal arrangement for just use of space surely?

Anji
19-Sep-07, 13:10
Bower Hall may be a bit too far off the beaten track, but I'll certainly look into it.
At present the big problem is finding evening venues in both Thurso and Wick.

Would Bower hall be of any use. Don't know who you would need to contact.

angela5
19-Sep-07, 16:06
Have you tried the Assembly rooms in Wick or Staxigoe Hall?
The schools used to let people do their yoga/keep fit in there, worth trying.

Anji
19-Sep-07, 17:46
I did look at Staxigoe Hall but the fan heating put me off. Too noisy for people to relax in. I think that I have just this afternoon found my evening venue in Wick. It is the Wick Family Centre in Bank Row. I'll be advertising it soon, when the details are finalised.

Have you tried the Assembly rooms in Wick or Staxigoe Hall?
The schools used to let people do their yoga/keep fit in there, worth trying.

gem1982
20-Sep-07, 16:05
ther is scrabster community hall in Thurso or maybe try some of the schools I know Mount Pleasant holds a lot of different keep fit classes and think there maybe some in Pennyland too so try them.

Anji
20-Sep-07, 18:02
ther is scrabster community hall in Thurso or maybe try some of the schools I know Mount Pleasant holds a lot of different keep fit classes and think there maybe some in Pennyland too so try them.
I'm not keen on using schools, as they tend to restrict the classes to term time only, but I'll certainly look into the possibility of Scrabster Community Hall. Thanks.

crayola
23-Sep-07, 16:08
Have you tried Scout or Guide huts? Do they still function? If so, do they have splinter-free floors?

Have you tried the Wick Sally Ann? :lol:
(Sorry, couldn't resist it.)

dirdyweeker
24-Sep-07, 18:53
Wick Scout Hall newly refurbished, Wick High School.
Two Yoga classes already use the Assembly Rooms so might be room for one more.:)

Anji
24-Sep-07, 20:14
I've tried youth clubs, but can't imagine that Scout Huts (if they still exist) would be right for yoga.
Sally Ann, indeed!!!

Have you tried Scout or Guide huts? Do they still function? If so, do they have splinter-free floors?

Have you tried the Wick Sally Ann? :lol:
(Sorry, couldn't resist it.)

Anji
24-Sep-07, 20:18
Ah, so Scout Halls do still exist! I no longer need venues in Wick, as I have afternoon and evening classes organised in that fair town. My only remaining problem is an evening venue in Thurso. So far, all the suitable ones I have found have had something else on on Monday nights, the only evening I still have free.

Wick Scout Hall newly refurbished, Wick High School.
Two Yoga classes already use the Assembly Rooms so might be room for one more.:)