PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

Ash
17-Sep-07, 16:13
hey everyone, having abit of a dilema, its my parents anniversary less than a month away and im planning/trying to make a scrapbook of their life, i have pictures that people have given to be but i have to give them back, how can i get them copied in colour, i dont have a scanner, i have been in the chemist and they are charging a fortune, does anyone know if miller copy shop in thurso copies in colour?

please help:confused

Oddquine
17-Sep-07, 16:16
Won't a library photocopier copy in colour?

Ash
17-Sep-07, 16:17
Won't a library photocopier copy in colour?

i havent a clue sorry:confused:eek:

changilass
17-Sep-07, 16:33
The newsagents next door to the picture framers do colour copies

NickInTheNorth
17-Sep-07, 16:34
Ash do you have a digital camera?

You can just photograph the photograph, works well (even the pro's often do it!).

If not how many photos you got, I know a very nice man with a flatbed scanner that would probably be able to scan 'em and let you have files suitable for printing...

Ash
17-Sep-07, 16:36
oh thats a good idea, i can borrow one

thank you xx

EDDIE
17-Sep-07, 17:20
hey everyone, having abit of a dilema, its my parents anniversary less than a month away and im planning/trying to make a scrapbook of their life, i have pictures that people have given to be but i have to give them back, how can i get them copied in colour, i dont have a scanner, i have been in the chemist and they are charging a fortune, does anyone know if miller copy shop in thurso copies in colour?

please help:confused

Depending on cost u can get all in one printer for about £30 these days and that has a scanner on it good excuse for an upgrade
As a sugestion would it be better keeping the photos in black and white keep it the way it was back then

Ash
17-Sep-07, 17:42
i really wouldnt need the scanner as its a one off thing

the photos arent in black in white

parents arent that old lol:lol:

sam
17-Sep-07, 17:55
Bews in thurso does it and they are quite reasonable i got some done a while back and the came out really good.

changilass
17-Sep-07, 17:56
Cheers Sam that was who I was meaning, just couldnt come up with the name at the time doh

Ash
17-Sep-07, 17:58
hey everyone thanks for all suggestions!!

im gonna try a few and see what looks best

thanks again:D:Razz

SandTiger
17-Sep-07, 22:05
Ash, have you tried Tugmistress? I'm sure she would be delighted to help out :)

Fran
18-Sep-07, 01:54
Bews do lovely photcopies on glossy paper for £1 and you could get a few photoes done on one page then cut them, or you could have them enlaRGED. Bews is your nearest.

Thumper
18-Sep-07, 08:31
Ash Bews do do very good copies...are you doing a full scrapbook?I make scarpbooks for pleasure and they make a great gift!There is so many things you can use in scrapbooking to make a page come to life.I am not sure if this is your first attempt at it or if you have done it before but I bet once you make one you will want to do it again and again x