PDA

View Full Version : Sparrowhawk

Rheghead
17-Sep-07, 08:34
I saw a sparrowhawk in Reay near to Sandside estate. Sorry no piccie.

pulteney person
17-Sep-07, 21:57
There was a sparrowhawk sitting in the bushes at the bottom of Nicolson Street last week. I did a double take because I didn't expect to see one there. It stayed there for a few minutes before flying away. It made a change from the usual starlings and house sparrows I see there!

MagicalTrevor
23-Sep-07, 22:42
Was looking out my Bedroom window in Pulteneytown the other day and I seen a massive hawk moving in to a tree really fast. It caught my eye because it shot past at pace. Turns out it was attempting to murder a wee wood pigeon - but don't worry bird fans - the Pigeon got away.

kas
23-Sep-07, 22:55
Our local bird was terrorizing the Collared doves here the other day. It is a regular visitor to the garden, although I have never seen it catch anything.

karia
23-Sep-07, 22:56
Was looking out my Bedroom window in Pulteneytown the other day and I seen a massive hawk moving in to a tree really fast. It caught my eye because it shot past at pace. Turns out it was attempting to murder a wee wood pigeon - but don't worry bird fans - the Pigeon got away.

I had a lovely viewpoint on a Sparrowhawk in my garden.........fantastic bird to watch..but it was devouring my garden birds and I couldn't help but feel I had set them up!:confused

It always looks to me as though it is wearing tartan..brown tartan..but none the less!

Magnificent creature.

karia

Rheghead
23-Sep-07, 22:59
I seen a massive hawk moving in to a tree really fast.

Was it a sparrowhawk because they are one of the smallest species of hawk and tend to live near wooded/sheltered areas.:confused

MagicalTrevor
24-Sep-07, 09:36
Well actually I have no idea if it was a sparrowhawk but it was about the size of a big scorrey :P Looked just like a hawk though.