PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Dunnets Garage

Fran
06-Aug-05, 03:19
did anyone see an incident at Dunnets Garage, Wick about 5.30pm yesterday, Friday, at the petrol pumps when a lorry hit and broke a tree and carried on.

jambo
06-Aug-05, 12:26
i think u will have to ask special branch about it. [lol]

KitKat
06-Aug-05, 13:19
Hope you get to the root of thw problem!!!

Joey
06-Aug-05, 13:35
Is it still a trunk road? :D

Margaret M.
06-Aug-05, 13:39
I heard it happened at the Elmtree Filling Station. :D

sassylass
06-Aug-05, 16:16
Why did the lorry leaf without stopping?

BazzaG
06-Aug-05, 17:52
U lot are BARKing mad. [lol]

gleeber
06-Aug-05, 18:11
I heard the garage owner was ashen faced and was overheard to say he would be sickomore drivers like him using his petrol pumps.

scorrie
06-Aug-05, 18:50
Wood Yew believe it? I'll bet he was none too Poplar with the owner. He might think it is Oakey Dokey to take off like that going hell Fir leather as if he has got a Plane to catch but I think it is terrible leaving people in the Larch like that. Maybe a few strokes with the Birch on Reiss Beech will help this guy Spruce his ideas up and see he was Holly responsible for the incident. It is a poor excuse that he was Rowan with his missus the night before and wasn't concentrating. He should be showing more respect for his Elders but that is probably Aspen too much. Then again maybe this is all Acacia mistaken indentity?

bacardibabe
06-Aug-05, 22:15
tree felling in wick!!!

honestjohn
06-Aug-05, 22:26
Oakay,oakay, it's just not Fir, everyone taking the mick out of this poor guy. Although I did hear there were tree vehicles involved and the paramedics arrived along with a tree surgeon. We are all going conkers on this message board. :lol:

Fran
06-Aug-05, 23:48
I had a laugh at your replies, some were very good,....but on a serious note I am looking for witnesses as there was a woman in a car involved in this, and your help would be much appreciated if you saw the incident. thankyou.

Bill Fernie
08-Aug-05, 01:10
Yes I saw the incident and I had someone else in the car with me. The lorry seemd to hit the branch of the tree etc as it came round the corner - possible too close. I was passing going into town from Francis Street. I did not see any other vehicle involved. the lorry stopped on the pavement around thecorner at Dunnets garage and the driver got out and began to shift the branches knowcked off the tree. I passed by at this point.

Fran
26-Sep-05, 01:40
:~( the lorry involved came out of the filling station in great haste after waiting for petrol, with some road rage, causing what could have been a very dangerous situation for a car driver who had entered the filling station. [mad]

trinkie
26-Sep-05, 12:30
I hope you wont arbre any grudges, but do you really know your Ash from your Elder?