PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to Wick.

honestjohn
05-Aug-05, 22:40
Are there any vacant council properties in Wick?

After leaving Wick a couple of years ago to TRY and start a new life, my wife and I have decided the city is not for us. We were told by everyone we spoke to before we left, "You'll be back". How true they were.
We were both brought up in the city and moved to Wick in 1998 only to move back down south a couple of years ago. We have finally realised where we will be better off. Our kids cannot play outside at the moment. All the school holidays they have both been confined to staying indoors much to their dismay, but it is for their own safety. The children would dearly love to move back to Wick.
After reading about the new developments in Wick I can see it is changing for the better.
Before we decided to make the move back up north we weighed up the pro's and cons, Wick won hands down. The security for kids, the pleasant people and the lovely scenery to name but a few.
It's time I ate humble pie and all I can say is you don't know what you have until you lose it.
Hope it's not too long before we are back.

Margaret M.
05-Aug-05, 22:47
Good luck as you progress with the move. There are few places left where parents don't have to watch their children every minute.

colmac
05-Aug-05, 23:44
Good luck on your move and welcome back over the Ord!! We tried relocating elsewhere about five years ago but ended up back in Thurso for similar reasons. The kids were the main reason. I don't think people realise just how lucky they are to be bringing up their kids here. :D

D Edge
06-Aug-05, 00:01
I would love to say something about this subject, but in fear of retribution, I won't.

Rheghead
06-Aug-05, 01:08
Comeback to Caithness John, it is great to be here. Haste ye back! Mind you I may go back tae Westmoreland, I feel as if my heart lies there...

GAMEBOY2159
06-Aug-05, 05:43
have yee tried the council list to see if anyone is looking for a swap from wick to your area or even try advertising your swap on caithness org you might get a better choice of house and youve nothing to lose and if you do get a swap you wont have as much furniture as you can swap some items also like carpets ect....

Margaret M.
06-Aug-05, 13:36
Mind you I may go back tae Westmoreland, I feel as if my heart lies there...

I wonder if everyone's heart lies where they grew up. Although I did not notice it for a long time, I certainly feel like my heart is in Caithness now. With Caithness.org providing the ability to keep abreast of things at "home", the desire to be there is stronger than ever.