PDA

View Full Version : parting is such sweet sorrow

dunderheed
15-Sep-07, 07:10
well folks ,its happened . i will in the near future now be leaving the county when somerfield closes in thurso. i would like to thank all the orgers who know me for their support over the years and can let them rest in the knowledge that although i will be away initially for the next 6 months or so , i will be commuting until i get a permanent placement . unfortunately i wont have as much access to a computer(unless i get myself a wee cheap laptop). its been a rollercoaster ride since i moved up here just around 15 years ago for the opening of as it was then the "big" prestos in thurso. i have made this place my home . i met my wife here (shes a wicker, but i dont hold that against her) my kids were both born here , so this place will always be special to me.
thanks again .

trinkie
15-Sep-07, 07:51
All Good Wishes to you Dunderheed - as one door closes another will open.

Keep in touch
Trinkie

pat
15-Sep-07, 08:04
Best Wishes for the future and happy travels - hope your next place is as friendly, welcoming and you stay as long there before returning for retirement up here!!

TRUCKER
15-Sep-07, 08:55
Best wishes for the future and keep in touch on the org if u can.

brokencross
15-Sep-07, 08:56
Fare thee well Dunderheed........all the best to you and your family for the future.

canuck
15-Sep-07, 09:23
well folks ,its happened . i will in the near future now be leaving the county when somerfield closes in thurso. i would like to thank all the orgers who know me for their support over the years and can let them rest in the knowledge that although i will be away initially for the next 6 months or so , i will be commuting until i get a permanent placement . unfortunately i wont have as much access to a computer(unless i get myself a wee cheap laptop). its been a rollercoaster ride since i moved up here just around 15 years ago for the opening of as it was then the "big" prestos in thurso. i have made this place my home . i met my wife here (shes a wicker, but i dont hold that against her) my kids were both born here , so this place will always be special to me.
thanks again .

dunderheed, I am so sorry to read that your job will be "evaporating." You have my encouragement as you begin the search process. Right now you likely have no idea where it will lead you. A year ago I had no clue what was out there for me. May you find a position that fits you as well as my new post fits me.

The libraries offer a wonderful service for internet access so please keep in touch with the org. I am sure that I can pry information about your travels from those Wicker relatives of yours.

Good luck with the job search.

BRIE
15-Sep-07, 09:24
all the best for your next adventure Dunderheed. hope all goes well for you & your family:D

johno
15-Sep-07, 10:15
Best wishes Dunderheed. Hope you land squarely on your feet where ever that may be. Luck to you and your family. :(

Thumper
15-Sep-07, 10:58
Dunderheed you can't go yet....you haven't given me the money from that Nigerian princess yet :)!...... Seriously though good luck in your new adventure and keep popping onto the org whenever you can x

changilass
15-Sep-07, 11:02
All the best Dunderheed to you and yours, please don't be a stranger, let us know how you get on in you new adventure.

Changi

Rheghead
15-Sep-07, 11:37
Keep in touch and the best of luck!:)

scorrie
15-Sep-07, 12:09
Good luck with the job and best wishes in wherever you settle.

Ricco
15-Sep-07, 15:04
Dunderheed - sorry to hear about the job going. Is there no chance of a post with one of the incoming firms? Best of luck with whatever happens.

cuddlepop
15-Sep-07, 17:06
Good luck to you and yours in all you'll do.:)

the charlatans
15-Sep-07, 20:51
are we having a big leaving bash? i fancy a night out.
promise you'll wear your white rave gloves you had when you first moved up here all those many moons ago...

big fish, little fish in a cardboard box

dunderheed
15-Sep-07, 21:39
sorry for the missunderstanding my initial post has left, i'm not getting laid off infact quiet the opposite , somerfield have stood by me and after going through due process have infact promoted me, however due to thurso closing i have to move .

charlatans of course there will be a doo , the sole is willing but the body is weak , the only fish box these days is the one a fish supper comes in ;)

changilass
15-Sep-07, 21:42
Congratulations on the promotion, but you still have to keep in touch with us:D

Big Jean
15-Sep-07, 23:46
Your promotion is good news . Congratulations . It might make the move a bit easier for you in that case .

poppett
16-Sep-07, 13:14
Good luck in your new post Dunderheed. Keep in touch as best you can, you could always start a new post "Dunderheed checks in" so we always know where to find you.

Take care of yourself and your family.

NLP
16-Sep-07, 16:09
good luck with the move and job,I'm sure you'll be back for holidays keep us updated.

horseman
16-Sep-07, 16:50
How ever far you go, we will allways be here,dont'forget:)

bluelady
16-Sep-07, 22:48
Goodluck with e job hunt.:)

sassylass
17-Sep-07, 05:30
Good luck to you and remember...we're just a few clicks away.

Wish
17-Sep-07, 11:29
Best of luck x