PDA

View Full Version : Newspapers

bluelady
15-Sep-07, 03:05
Ive given up reading newspapers because they are either depressing or full of rubbish I dont wish to know about. I only read the Local papers now and then I only scan the interesting bits. Are our newpapers worth e money? opinions please :D

Camel Spider
15-Sep-07, 03:18
Not really .. I have a basic mistrust of journalists anyway.

At the end of the day they are just tomorrows chip wrappings anyway, I dont really read them much. Like the News on TV it is just so depressing these days.

Big Jean
15-Sep-07, 03:40
I read the newspaper every morning with a good cup of coffee in my hand .

It is an expense, but I like to know what is going on in the world, what company is taking over another, what the rate of exchange is, what our banks are doing, and much more .

If I think it might be unpleasant, I can avoid it, but, on the whole I read most articles, good or bad .

I read the sports section last and sometimes not at all , and I don't care what film star is in my city for the film festival, nor what they are buying or where they are shopping, eating or staying !

I would miss not getting the paper and we also have a small local one delivered twice a week . Also a good read, and at no cost .

Rheghead
15-Sep-07, 10:34
I think the groat and courier are the biggest sellers of rubbish. Far too much adverts, court cases, self-appointed guardians of sanctimonious opinion, bombastic letters and daft stories. And at 65p for a publication that would be free in other parts then I think it is a rip off.

brokencross
15-Sep-07, 13:01
Just think how much it would cost without all the adverts.

karia
15-Sep-07, 13:44
Hi,

A morning without the papers is unthinkable in our house.
First thing OH does on waking is go get them.....well I do insist he gets dressed first!;)
They are so much part of our morning ritual that we'd be lost without them.

I like to know what's going on in the world before I join it.:)

Karia

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Sep-07, 14:40
I think the groat and courier are the biggest sellers of rubbish. Far too much adverts, court cases, self-appointed guardians of sanctimonious opinion, bombastic letters and daft stories.

Which is precisely why people love it.

Bobinovich
15-Sep-07, 19:18
Just think how much it would cost without all the adverts.

I've never understood why their advertising rates are so extortionate? The Org gets far more visitors than the circulation of both of those publications and your advert can be animated and in full colour - much better value IMO.

Rheghead
15-Sep-07, 21:29
Which is precisely why people love it.

I guess, I buy them regularly but only to see if they get better and I can't stop buying it, a bit like eating pretzles.