PDA

View Full Version : Gypsy Tart

bluelady
15-Sep-07, 01:44
Gypsy Tart

does anyone remember this from school days? it was my favorite

1 400g (14oz) Tin of Evaporated Milk
340g (12oz) Dark Muscovado Sugar
1 10inch Pre-baked shortcrust pastry case Pre-heat oven to 200°C: 400°F: Gas 6.
Whisk evaporated milk and sugar together for approximately 10 minutes
Until light and fluffy and coffee coloured.
Pour the mix into the pastry case.
Bake for 10 minutes.
The surface will appear slightly sticky but will set completely when left to cool.
Serve cold.

Thumper
15-Sep-07, 17:41
Def going to give this a try it sounds yum!nxt shopping trip I will pick up all the ingredients...looking forward to it :) x

Thumper
18-Sep-07, 11:34
Tried this out last night Bluelady....very good but I think it may be one that will only be made once in a while....for the sake of my waistline :) Thanks for the recipe x

abalone
20-Sep-07, 19:50
Thankyou so much for this recipe.Iv'e been looking for it for ages Gary Rhodes gave it out on his cookery programme some years ago.I wrote it down and then promptly lost it.This was a school favourite for me in the early fifties.

bluelady
25-Sep-07, 22:00
Tried this out last night Bluelady....very good but I think it may be one that will only be made once in a while....for the sake of my waistline :) Thanks for the recipe x

Aye, its very moorish - want more, want more, I blame the school cook for ma waistline- or lack of it [lol]

Thumper
26-Sep-07, 11:01
Aye, its very moorish - want more, want more, I blame the school cook for ma waistline- or lack of it [lol]

I blame the very same person for my lack of waistline!lol.It is a lovely tart but I may as well just smear it on my thighs to save my body the work :) x

Bobinovich
27-Sep-07, 14:06
...but I may as well just smear it on my thighs to save my body the work x

:eek: Trying to obliterate mental picture :eek:!!!

Thumper
28-Sep-07, 12:27
Trying to obliterate mental picture :eek:!!!
It's REALLY scary Bobinovich believe me [lol] x