PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Aircraft spray?

bekisman
13-Sep-07, 11:37
anybody 'out west' experiencing 'oil'(?) on their cars and windows when recent fighter aircraft went over?

George Brims
13-Sep-07, 18:07
Sponge it off and squeeze it into your Tilley lamp, it's only paraffin! Or maybe you have the electric "out west" now?

bekisman
13-Sep-07, 18:24
what's 'electric'?

Whitewater
13-Sep-07, 23:32
It's the stuff that sparks and flashes when you cut through the cables without turning it off at the mains. Like I managed to do yesterday, just as well I was using insulated cutters or I would probably be sending Andrew C an email from on high asking what I'm supposed to say when knocking on the pearly gates.

JAWS
14-Sep-07, 00:21
If they're not insulated when that happens it makes your eyes light up and what's worse, it makes your mouth say very naughty words. :lol:

The Angel Of Death
14-Sep-07, 10:02
If they're not insulated when that happens it makes your eyes light up and what's worse, it makes your mouth say very naughty words. :lol:

Watched my brother do it accidentally gave himself quite a fright but it was funny after the realised what he had actually done

Nice pretty blue spark as well

George Brims
14-Sep-07, 18:36
Somewhere in my lab there is a nice pair of wire cutters with a big notch out of each blade from the time I did that. I just know it is going to reappear in a nice wooden frame or mounted on a wee slab of marble when I retire.

canuck
14-Sep-07, 19:38
Gosh that reminds me of the pair of scissors I had in my office with a similar nick. I was not the one "cutting" the wires, but I did observe the incident and then I inherited the rather useless inplement because I was the only one with the patience to work around the notch when I used them to cut paper. The good news is that I left them in Canada when I moved to Scotland.

Have we not gone way off topic?